Blancpain Endurance Series

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Nuno P, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racechicken

racechicken Registered

c´mon. Which league has only one permission to use the GT Mods? Those are all conversions from GTR(2), Shift (2), Forza and son on.
    Don´t let go the thread in the wrong direction what means we had disussion about that since years. ;)

b.t.t.

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Just because 1 guy THINKS these are illegal conversions doesn't make it true. He posts this without proof or anything to back up his words.

http://www.kodafactory.com/ this is the group that did the original mod. Contact them- this is a legit mod so just take your argument somewhere else unless you can PROVE what you say. We're not locking this damn thread because one guy believes maybe this is an illegal mod. Prove it.

3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

The koda mod is based on shift2, Forza models, and so this one too.

-- envoyé depuis mon mobile --

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
  4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Not guilty until proved otherwise.

You can't just ruin someone's reputation because you think you see some similarities in models.

so +1 to prove.

Hope it's all good and we can see some progress soon :)

5. 10speed

10speed Registered

Blancpain Endurance Series Mod:
    for GTR2

for rFactor

FIA GT3 for Race07

My thoughts were that there is no need to post proof because it's quite obvious for everybody familiar with rFactor-mods. You are involved in the making of this mod and don't know about this? Oh come on...

Btw Kodafactory is not a group unless you call one person, Alex Koda, a group. He does a lot of (very nice!) skins/renders for existing mods - but that's it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
  6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Nope, I didn't know. The origins of mods doesn't concern me- but everyone can thank 10Speed for letting us know. Thanks to him, there will be no more updates here so make sure you let him know your appreciation in a PM to let him know how glad you are he has shed some light on this!

And when there's no modding in rF2 and we are starved for GT content, you have no one to thank other than people like this.

And 10Speed had better be the LAST person to whine about the lack of rF2 modding.

Anyway, while he's riding his high horse, I'll be driving the BES mod-watch the FB page for updates.

7. Nuno P

Nuno P Registered

That would be awesome, all these cars in one mod will make some amazing endurance races.
    Isn't PetraGTC around here somewhere so that we can ask if all this is legit? I think i saw the name around here before, but i'm not sure...
    aaaaaaanyways... i named the server Blancpain Endurance WIP, because it still is a wip :)

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Use search under "community" tab to find PetraGTC, I have also seen some posts by her.

I'll be following FB then for updates :p

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Thanks, Nuno. It's actually helping to have your server up because we are getting good feedback on what's needed to balance the performance of the cars in the mod. One thing that has popped out- the Merc is way over powered!

I avoided making a ISI forum thread because of people like 10Speed and made a FB page instead for this very reason. This thread will be locked soon. Just make sure you leave feedback for 10Speed- he has saved us all!

As new cars and fixes come out, I'll update the rfmod on FB to keep everyone up to date. I'll try to keep updates weekly or so.

10. 10speed

10speed Registered

I see it this way: This BES-mod for rFactor2 is a conversion from commercial games. So everything apart from the physics - which appear to be a rushed job for now - does not deserve special praise. Moreover, ISI does not want these type of mods to be covered on their forums. Everybody who is interested in GT mods or whatever knows where to find them and won't die of mod-starvation.
    There are modding groups like APEX or Enduracers who put a lot of time and effort into their creations, and I'm quite sure once rFactor2 becomes a stable basis for serious modding they will release new content.
    Quite strange that you go on to insult me and invite others to join your rage here although you are the one who should have shed some light on yourself before posting here.

11. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Way to be a total douche, he's just pointing out the forum rules that have been set a long time ago.
    Not his fault you can't do a little fact checking before you start converting illegal mods

12. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

10Speed is right in that matter and to be honest, I don't know Guy, where your irritation comes from... We all know such conversions are illegal in general (apart from SimBin's models, as there is a non-written deal we made a few years ago). We all know there are some good mods with 3D models taken from other games but no matter how great they are, they are still illegal and ISI don't want them to be announced here (for obvious reasons).

So, +1 for 10Speed and you guys don't make such a big deal out of it.

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

+1 for the self appointed moderators. {handclap}

14. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Thanks for the post, this kind of "thing" is being discussed a lot of times, and they keep comming, maybe its time to rethink the situation and and listen to people.

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

...which means you know it shouldn't be posted in the first place. You have a 2 week ban right now, if you come back and continue, it's going to be a lot longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.