"Old" HW kicking butt again even with only 1 GPU

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

nvidia's SLI does seem to be superior to crossfire. Nvidia has already implemented the frame metering that AMD will be adding with the new driver. That might explain the difference.

2. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Totally agree with you. Considering this car has been updated to latest spec, it's very poor. Same goes with just about every car in rF2. GTR and vette also has poor textures and materials. I hope we see a real improvement now with car models. Cockpits need to be much much better for a 2013 sim. If ISI can't get the same level as AC etc then i think cockpits should at least be really worked on with ultra high res textures as an option for the player via the ( Upgrade ) if needs be. And also just general materials need to be better. Chrome doesn't look like it should, nothing ever seems to match what it should look like in real life.

Silverstone though looks awesome, so maybe we can now expect the same quality for cars.

Look at the T5 models from Ales in comparison to the ISI models. Ales needs to improve the cockpits himself, he knows this, but the actual 3D model is really quite good.

I hope the Cobra is decent. All car models so far have been really buggy for me graphically. Maybe only the Marussia is the only half decent cockpit so far.

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yeah it feels like moving over to the dark side, I still like amd, and want to like them! But I'll never buy their cpu's, but maybe gpu's in the future. But if this nvidia card works great without issues, I don't see any point in moving over to amd again.

Anyway, it's the gtx 690. I didn't knew that you had the 690 when I ordered it. Shortly after the purchase, I found a "gtx 690 low fps"-thread here and for some time I was really worried that they didn't peform well in rF2, but now when I know that you have great performance I'm not worried anymore. Maybe the vram is not the best for multiple monitors, but I've seen it perform well in bf3 in 5076x1080 resolution. It's a really expensive card, so I hope it does well ;) I can't wait for it to arrive!

4. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Let me find a site that reviewed the 690 and it came out as the best car for 4K gaming. It's a brute of a card, don't worry.

Kknorpp001 - Just LOL, you mention mature and then i read your post, oh dear.

Sorry but i don't post a lot here, but when i do, there is always some thread from you having a hissy, i just find you a tad irritating, sorry. If it's not here , it's at RD with your spamming. Again though i only did reply just to show that SLI is ok.

I think you act a little fickle and go off at the smallest thing and make a huge drama scene from nothing.

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Agree 100%.
    Marussia is the only one that looks really good IMO. The FISI looks terrible, to be honest. It's even worse when using triple monitor and low FOV. It is really noticable.

6. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Hey man, check this, it's a nice read and should make you feel a little warmer inside. Read it all from page 1

4K testing

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...marked-4K-Resolutions/How-Current-Cards-Stack

"The GTX 690 is comprised of two NVIDIA GK104 GPUs that run in SLI, but NVIDIA's multi-GPU options do not demonstrate the same performance issues that CrossFire does thanks to hardware frame metering technology. As it stands today, the GTX 690 is clearly the best card for 4K gaming under $1000. Even better than the GK110 based Titan, the GTX 690 only suffers in a couple of cases with the 2GB frame buffer per GPU despite the 6GB that reside on Titan. Most of the time the frame metering on the GTX 690 produces nearly as smooth animation with better frame rates."

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

So it is a problem that we have asked questions... I see. You seem to need a specific set of words that, actually, should be common sense to you. I don't think this is the end of the world, or the development. And being asked questions to confirm things is "serious", yes.

If someone can be bullied into spending their money, that is very sad for them and their families, you're absolutely right there. I suggest they never go anywhere near a car dealership, answer a "free tv" ad for a timeshare, or leave their home with any credit cards or more than enough money to get home again.

Other than asking people to turn down their settings if they require more FPS right now, what other information do you need to be told that hasn't? That there will be more builds? Don't you know that already? This seems like a fairly difficult attitude to have, and not one that is genuinely going to get you anything.

8. Magus

Magus Registered

Thanks Nismo, that slight change in NVCP & in-game AA has just utilised my two 680's to 99% as before I was only getting 65-75% & now can have all in-game display setting all the way to the top...Happy Boy :)

9. 88mphTim

I absolutely agree. It is reaching the point where I would rather filter him out so that those with the same issues, and a different personality, can get noticed. He actually damages attention levels being spent on issues he's posting about. When most of his post is about how he feels, rather than his issues, it's quite easy to miss any useful information among the other.

10. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Good to hear it helps. rF2 is SLI friendly. Alot of issues IMO with peoples setups stem from using stuff like Inspector and SweetFX. rF2 runs super quick like that for me.

11. 88mphTim

Because there was no name calling. It was a description of your posting style that's actually pretty accurate. I get post reports about things from you almost every day, and usually it's someone saying you're spamming with how you feel, in what they interpret to be a largely off topic post about yourself.

12. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Thanks! I'll also try using same settings as you :) But I'll lower graphics when playing on triple monitor, of course.
    rF2 was using 2,9GB VRAM in 5960x1080 res, according to MSI afterburner, but it redouble the VRAM when running sli/cf from what I've heard. Otherwise it will be tough with the 2GB RAM..

13. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

lol. Wheres the popcorn eating smiley...

Hedlund. Congrats man. I love my 690. I hope you will too!

14. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

Lol... So true...

15. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Well, i take my hat off to guys like you who have patience of a saint. Glad i don't have to moderate forums, would drive me potty.

16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Despite being sarcastic and condescending, this is also disingenuous because that is not what I said.
    You must be correct, then, because I have no idea what you just said.
    Agreed. No dispute with this whatsoever.
    I was trying to be succinct and will again overlook the exhibition of wit, sarcasm and condescension. However, good show, nevertheless. What I was referring to was being accused of feeling entitled and refusing to invest what it takes to run rF2 and expecting ISI to optimize for the poor or whatever. All of this without even reading what the person is saying. Like many others, I have had excellent performance until the last two releases and I knew there was something wrong. And I proved it. With a lot of help from a small handful of respectful and helpful people, one of whom gave up and bought an expensive card which in his case makes sense b/c he needs more than me b/c he is running triples, etc. But many people would listen to this garbage or even feel guilty for even asking the question. I came close to unplugging rf2 forever. Is that dramatic. For some here, maybe, because they have no life. Not for me.

And while I'm on the subject, does ISI agree now that there is a problem with crossfire? Are you going to let future posters know this? I'm not saying that you have to fix it. I have been very clear in many of my recent posts about how things are your to decide. Talk about drama. There is none. You call the shots. I decide whether to keep playing. Simple as that. But acknowledging that there is a problem is the right thing to do, especially after all the work that has been done by others to try to fix it. But again, up to you.

Depends. Do you think people should be told that crossfire doesn't work? If I were you, the next time someone with crossfire is having unplayable stuttering, I would tell them immediately that it could be related to crossfire, we have tried to work with AMD and word on the street is that an updated driver is forthcoming that they hope will help.

More criticism. Thanks. And very objective, too. Good show. For what it's worth, I think it is wrong to respond to one person's point differently than the same point from someone else. Dismissing what someone has to say based on anything other than what they are saying is oppressive and also threatening to others. So be it. Up to you.

So in response to anything I post in the future because you agree, anyone can be sure to say "what he just said is wrong b/c of what he's said in the past that I don't like. OK. Again. Your call.

Incidentally, FONismo, would you have responded the way you did if you knew I was right? I understand I wasn't clear about AMD but my signature has AMD but even so I understand my post may have mislead people and that is my fault. However, I would expect you to point out my mistake which I would have agreed with. Also, does the fact that I am right make my post less dramatic? Think about it.

17. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Kknorpp001, you have your language in your profile as 'maths, science, systems and logic' and you seem to be able to write anything but.

Apologies for OT, but it may be helpful.

You may have first world problems (game doesn't work), but most other people have real problems (health problems, work problems), so cut the drama and threats of 'walking away' from rF2 - no one cares what you do.

Here's a few tips to make your posts a little more readable (let alone palatable) because I see a whole bunch of writing and tend to skip it because upon first glance it appears ill structured with dramatic emotional content that no one really has the time to deal with... and no, I'm not being sarcastic or trying to be patronising. Maybe it's because I spent the last 3 days vetting scientific research reports...

Thread topic:
    - It's like a title of a science paper, short and sharp, straight to the point
    - Make it relevant, people should know what item/s you are targeting clearly purely from the title
    - Don't use full sentences as it appears you can't be bothered summarising what you want to talk about or you don't actually know what the main points are of what you want to talk about
    - If you have a solution, state it in the title (this thread is an example - you mention you have worked something out but keep people guessing by making them read the thread even though half the people already knew that solution so essentially wasted people's time)

Posting:
    - the less you post, the more impact you will have, unless you have a great reputation for being insightful or helpful (which very few do in my book)
    - if science really was your language, you'd write your posts logically 'background-problem-solution-discussion-conclusion', instead of the random titbits of important information and 'fluff' intertwined that the important and helpful stuff is lost
    - USE LESS WORDS, the more words you use, the less meaningful it becomes (we're all guilty of this to a degree)
    - if presenting a problem or solution, make it clear so that the entire post doesn't need to be read to understand what the problem/solution is - it should be a stand-alone sentence/s

18. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

+1
    Should have been a flow chart :)

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Thanks for the laugh, Playlife. Funny I should have to mention this but my post wasn't a research project. Are you married?

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

too shay

People told him for months his generalizations about performance were incorrect.

Is that a apology.