Williams JPH1B FIA F2 v1.41 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Thank you very much Tim. ;)

2. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Thank you Tim

Just FANTATISQUE

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2013
  3. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

This car is definitely a bit fps hungry compared to others I have run at Silverstone. Getting drops where I wasn't with other cars.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

In terms of model density it's probably:
    1. Marussia
    2. F2
    3. Brabham

Those will be perhaps a bigger stress on your system than any of the other cars in this order. Other cars were made originally a longer time ago, and probably aren't as high (base) quality as those 3, which are technically the last 3 scratch built cars.

5. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hi

Maybe updating the graphics card? ...

I have the Sapphire HD7950 Vapor X 3GB and I have no stuttering, even with Silverstone and F2 above.
    Besides, I run the server

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

View attachment 8602

The 2nd cockpit cam sees through the drivers helmet. Just me?? Seems like such an obvious bug I'm wondering is it a setting?

7. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

FOV setting too big?

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

I'll try that, thanks. THOUGHT I was on all defaults but perhaps not.

9. geg

geg Registered

Same for me 15 - 10 less fps. Try disabling the mirrors fps should be back to normal at least it worked for me

10. pleclair

pleclair Registered

The Clio could use some love still :) The lights at night are horrible... they aren't much more complex on the gtr/megane/370z/corvette, but they look so much better still...

The Clio's light are just nasty...

Maybe there are some textures updates planned? :))

11. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Already disabled. :(

12. sg333

sg333 Registered

+1. Some of the textures are still very nasty and low res. The wipers arent working yet, either.

13. Coanda

Coanda Registered

G'Day Tim,

I can appreciate what you are syaing here however my system is not under stress as you can see from the figures I posted. Far from it pal. I can also run the Marrusia fine & I am not testing at mega resource hungry Silverstone but at my less resource hungry trusty Sebring which never skips a beat. F2 v1 never had any issues however v1.41 has major problems. Well for me it does.

It doesn't make sense as a GPU load of 50%-70% and VRAM at approx 1/2 its maximum shouldn't be behaving this way. Any clues mate?

I also was the one chatting with you regarding performance issues I was experiencing with the new C6 which we never got to the bottom of. Sadly for me these two cars are now undrivable which is a shame as I thought the new version would iron out some performance issues and not create more.

Cheers

mm

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
  14. DaniloJF

DaniloJF Registered

Whats the matter with the locked caster value at 2.5º?¿? The car just feels dead, it also doesnt look very real

15. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

The matter is, it looks like that's how it is in real F2 car So, adjust yourself to that. Problem solved ;-)

16. Minibull

Minibull Member

I don't know the physics of these things, but it seems in order for these to work well as a racecar with downforce and with no power steering, they need crazy low castor angles. I dunno, but you gotta have confidence that after testing with a couple of the actual F2 drivers, they have got it pretty nicely represented.

17. DaniloJF

DaniloJF Registered

Maybe its the real life value, but maybe this value in game doesnt reproduce the real weight of the steering. I feel the steering just too light even on highspeed corners with downforce.

I could pump up the FF but that makes it undriveable on kerbs.

18. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Try adding a bit of centering spring in your wheel setup software. It might get annoying changing it every time you want to drive a different car though

19. Rik

Rik Registered

Thanks ISI for update! :D

20. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Yes and that's what might be in real life... maybe in real life, drivers does not drive on all kerbs? Maybe suspension geometry is set up in that way? Yes, "maybe" but if ISI says it's how it's meant to be then OK.
    Maybe it's just me, but I am already tired of all those mods done mainly based on how someone felt it might be like without even doing much research. I prefer to have less cars but done as realistic as possible (including suspension geometry).
    With tyre model, it's not that simple but with suspension geometry for a race car (which have uniballs so all connections are with no freeplay), if suspension points are in the right places, it should be calculated properly (assuming simulation can handle that kind of suspension type. rF has no problems with double A-arms).
    There is one more thing - how changes in suspension geometry are recreated in rFactor. rF 1 turns outer suspension points around wheel center...while in real life you mostly change A-arms length which not always matches in sim.
    But I hope suspension model in rF 2 will be upgraded in a way to allow us to recreate that stuff is should be.