Triple monitor setup not working

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by ir_fuel, Jul 2, 2013.

1. ir_fuel

ir_fuel Registered

Hi

I have a windows 8 64 bit machine with a GeForce 680GTX card. iRacing works flawlessly in triple monitor setup, however rFactor2 just does not want to use the 2 outer screens. I tried selecting several resolutions, disabling HDR and AA, enabling and disabling multiview. Nothing helps. The game keeps reverting to 1024x768x32bit and the image quality is horrible.

Any idea why?

2. Favio

Favio Registered

I have this weird problem, I've got 3 LG 23", one of them m2380a and the other two are ev2342 ... why I can't use 5760x1080 of resolution?, nvidia panel only show me 5040x1050. ¿Someone else has this problem?, I want my 16-9 view again :( ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013
  3. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hi

is 3x23 with a resolution but maybe max of 1680x1050.

4. Favio

Favio Registered

Each monitor has 1080p resolution, but when I put it all together to get multiview, the Nvidia surround panel only displays me 5040x1050... really weird. I search for this issue, even some guys with 3 Full HD identical monitors have the same problem.
    Now I'm thinking to buy another LG E2340 ... but this does not give me any guarantee that gonna resolve my problem...

5. ir_fuel

ir_fuel Registered

My screens are 1920 x 1200. But as I said, works without problems in iRacing or raceroom racing experience.

6. ir_fuel

ir_fuel Registered

Thanks for hijacking my thread btw, Favio

7. Favio

Favio Registered

You're welcome ir_fuel.

Doing research on the net, I found out that the error that I have is due to an incompatibility of the "polarity of sync" that sometimes happens even when the monitors are the same brand, but only about the driver's in Nvidia Surround ...

Anyway, I also have a 680, bought it a few months ago because my HD6870 died in line of duty lol
    You can try to solve problems by going to the Nvidia control panel to Surround settings / Physx, there active the option "extend these displays with Surround" ... or something like that, I have spanish Windows :p