Silverstone v1.01 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Oh right, that makes sense. I tried comparing them (MSAA 4xEQ versus FXAA) and the performance impact is similar on my machine. I think MSAA 4xEQ looks a little better.

MSAA 4xEQ: View attachment 8625

FXAA (first one is using rfactor 2 FXAA setting, second one is radeonpro FXAA setting)
    View attachment 8626
    View attachment 8627

2. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Interesting that Silverstone is worse than other tracks. I have only been running Silverstone since being back in the seat after crossfire issue. I will test other tracks also, but first on to Radeonpro and smaa...

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

OK been doing some testing but still just getting started as have many combinations I want to test. One question to begin, though, is the relationship between CCC and Radeonpro can they work together or need to be separate? For example I am currently disabling crossfire via ccc. Haven't tried thru Radeonpro yet so not even sure I can. Anyway, any thoughts regarding whether they step on each other or not, etc. would be appreciated b/c with rf2 settings you have settings being configured in three places, actually four if you count inside rf2 UI and in launcher config. I'm getting a headache :p

Edit - Also, since Radeonpro is a profile tool, I am assuming you have to re-launch rf2 every time to see changes like you do if using profile in ccc?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
  4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Edit - Nevermind I figured it out but now I'm getting cold feet b/c I just got my second BSOD this week and don't feel like rebuilding again. For now I am going to stay with 4xmsaa and let ISI do their job. Too much tweaking......again.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

nice one thanks for that, I'll have a play tomorrow

6. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Ok I give up. Looked everywhere and can't figure out how to do msaa 4xeq. Have been able to confirm that Silverstone AA is indeed worse than some of the other tracks that I race.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I think that is the best course.

Try a fresh windows
    Best driver for your 5xxx
    No tools no BS tweaks.
    Just run it.

Maybe rF2 will be the FSX of sims and suffer from horrible framerate forever !

But maybe they will optimize heaps better.

Either way no use worrying and doing your head in about it at this stage.

;)

PCars is worse fps for me.

8. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Yeah i agree with DD, keep it simple....:)

9. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yeah I agree to just run it and I keep telling myself that and keep it simple, etc., etc. But I keep getting sucked back in. I had an excuse when game was unplayable but AA is gravy and also I think rf2 needs to grow up and stand on its own so reviews should either discuss limitations out of the box and/or include constructive criticism regarding hobby aspect of endless fiddling. However, I do have to say that it is getting closer to being out of the box playable with a manageable level of configuration.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

For mine rF2 is the most realistic DX9 I have ever seen, better then any DX9 shooter effects.

Even Race07 , GTR2 - GTL - rFactor " Fully maxxed " 36 cars with GTX670 I can't run all tracks and cars smooth, no way. The visual ambient nature in rF2 blows them all to pieces.

But people expect to select max settings in this.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ected-Need-help-from-680-770-780-Titan-owners

If I wind up NVInspector in any last gen sim use best models and tracks I can bring them to their knees too.

FSX has the best AA of all of em, guywires on planes from any angle are needle smooth with correct settings.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
  11. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

In my CCC it appears in the drop down as one of the levels of MSAA. Maybe it depends what the card supports.

12. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

That must be it. Thanks.

13. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

What kind of laptimes you guys are getting in the vette and nissan GTR? Has anyone actually left the pit area and ran some laps yet?

BTW on the graphic issue. Make your your using at leased a 2GB card to run silverstone maxed out with AA. Saw this with afterburner. I use a pair of old 5870 2GB in crossfire. I run the game maxed but I turned off HDR (the lighting sucks). I use the in game AA.

Other than some micro stutter at the start after a few laps things even out. with 20 AI I get 35FPS around the pit area, 60 out an about.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
  14. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I usually get in the 2:06 in the C6R, did one lap under that I think. I'm not very consistent anyway.

I lowered a few settings and I can run the track just fine now, 30 FPS at start, 45 FPS and more during the race. It is in fact more demanding than the other tracks any way you look at it. I just started using HDR plus 8x AA yesterday. You need to find custom made profiles for different tracks to make it look good. You can find some on DrivingItalia and in some other places, I presume. I had to guess how it works, so if you need help setting it up, you can ask. The default settings are horrible, but the tweaked profiles do improve the visuals a lot.

I like it. :p
    View attachment 8644

15. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

So I'm in the ball park for laptimes at leased. I have the AI set to 97 and they where ripping out 2.02s.
    Of course thats the AI.

Car is on ice the first 3 laps then seems to settle in after, but I get heavy front tire wear.

Make sure you got ram to use that 8x AA. 4x might give you more FPS, but I run at 1920x1080.

16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Has anyone reported this?

17. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Is that bug repeatable? aka ,does it happen every time? Does it happen with other cars too? Does it happen with ISI cars?

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yeah it is repeatable. The first time it happened was an AI in front of me and I just figures they hit something and then when it happened on the very next lap with a different AI I suspected something might be wrong. So far I have only seen with Lola.

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Slightly OT but does anyone know if you are allowed to exceed track limits at Silverstone on the outside of turns? I'm not getting any cut track warnings but still wanted to make sure. Seems most online are keeping two wheels on for the most part so I'd like to know. Also, does this have anything to do with blown tire comments recently?

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Makes sense to me I will link their thread to this thread. Thanks.