Silverstone v1.01 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

O'really? No sh*t!... then why it looks on that screen like it is at low/med settings?

2. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

@ Pas74
    Comparisons are completely stupid.

So something else is that their windows or crack is not
    This is also a good thing to know.

The comparison is also

3. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

image is rFactor 2 vs Ferrari Virtual Academy. All full setting.

Assetto Corsa is graphically superior, with motion blur disabled, low cube maps, feces per frame low. +70 FPS in Magione. Everything else on full setting.

rFactor 2 8x anisotropic, optimal shadow blur, shadows medium, road and environment in low, mirros off. 38FPS in silverstone. Everything else on full setting.

The graphics are very notable differences.

In Assetto Corsa also moves the sun and clouds.

I hope that for the good of all, the guys at ISI improve optimization.

4. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

not understand

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Now I can't understand my issues either! I believe our GPUs are comparable and mine maybe have a slight advantage:

Alienware i7 2.8 GHz 6GB RAM ATI 5900 series 1GB Logitech G27

I am glad you spoke up because until now all I have heard is people saying my system is **** and I need to suck it up and get a super computer.

I can't even run Silverstone smoothly with a single AI with the following settings:

Circuit, player, opponent and texture detail all on medium
    AFx2
    Everthing else off
    AAx2 in CCC
    GameBooster

Driving alone I get acceptably smooth performance with these settings for most of a lap. With settings on high and even alone, forget it.

What is disturbing is that I was getting fairly decent performance and out of the blue everything just went to ****. Perhaps unrelated but in full disclosure I also got a black sky and had to reload track on two occasions.

My PC is recently re-built and 100% clean with all latest stable device drivers.

Even tried AMD driver versions 13.1, 13.4 and 13.6 beta.

No issues with other games.

No idea where to go from here but is very encouraging that you are getting what I was initially experiencing and it is not my system specs but something else that can possibly be fixed.

Please help!

6. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I find that time of day has a huge effect on the lighting quality, Silverstone looks best at 5am

If that is 2 GPUs on the one card your problem might be an issue with crossfire

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

It looks like something gets f*cked up when adding AI's while using multiple gpu's (kknorpp001's 5900 has two gpu's, and I have 7970 crossfire, same problem. AI eats up all fps)

8. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Thanks BF I'll research crossfire and if anyone can tell me how to check that it is working properly that would be appreciated of course as well and I will get back with what i find out also. Also I just ran valley benchmark on ultra and both gpu's were functioning and my fps was 45 and my score was 1891. Is that good?

Edit - Also as FYI time of race is 5pm. Not sure if that matters.

9. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Hedlund how do I control whether crossfire is on so I can test? Thanks.

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

According to MSI Afterburner, GPU1 = 97% and GPU2 = 27%. Is that expected?

Edit - GPU2 is 85% during Valley Benchmark. Looks like I need to understand crossfire more.

11. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Let me stop you there.
    Full settings my arse. Shadows, Sun Occlusion, reflections, HDR in your rF2 pic. Where are they?

You are just another divvy polluting this place by posting shi*t piccies of rF2 in comparison to other sims/games and ignoring the good stuff..... like this.
    [​IMG]

Also Assetto Corsa wont have many features that rF2 does when it is released. It will take time before they are added.. Do you not think that having AI will not reduce AC's framerate. :D
    Maybe you missed my last post in response to the utter crap that you wrote.
    Do you really think that when AC has the dynamic features, weather, night racing, pit stops (and the AI you conveniently forget about) all of which rF2 now have even if not fully complete, that you will get 100+ frames a second or whatever daft figure you are spouting.

This is an rFactor 2 forum, if you don't like it, fine, why are you here, but spare us your blatant lies and juvenile rantings about a product that hasn't been released yet and when it does, won't have many of the features rF2 already has for a couple of years at least. And if you think that AC wont have any issues when it is finally released, then you are definitely a few sarnies short of a full picnic basket. :cool:

*BORED WITH THE ARSEHOLES WHO KEEP COMING TO BASH rF2 ON HERE*

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013
  12. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

Forgive me if I do not answer some of your questions, with the translator I can hardly understand.

When I compare rFactor 2 vs ACdemotech, I do in equalities of conditions. No driver AI. Sunny weather.

You say it has more features rFactor2 consuming more FPS, but Assetto has graphics and textures should also consume more FPS.

I like rFactor2 but in Monaco and Silverstone I have to lower the graphics to be much the same or worse than rFactor1 and that is frustrating. Some graphics so poor they can not consume many FPS, something's wrong at this time.

13. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

rFactor 2's graphics DO need optimising and WILL be optimised but ISI know this. There are lots of other things to be done. ISI also know this. Why do you assume that rF2 as it is now is the final version?

rFactor 2 is a W.I.P ... just like Assetto Corsa will be when released.

14. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

15. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Just finally got to test Silverstone. I would say that environment reflections simple shouldn't have such a huge impact on framerate, they don't have nearly the same amount of impact at any other track.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

AC is being released well over a year and half after RF2 initially came out, it should have a better graphics engine for that alone, not to mention that RF2s is an ongoing engine from rf1 (and constantly being updated as ISI say) and AC s graphics engine is totally from scratch.

People comparing the titles is always gonna happen and you'll never escape that (graphics, physics, ffb etc etc), although you cannot compare the techdemo to current RF2 for many differing reasons and doing so is just a waste of time in my opinion.

If you're having FPS problems with Build 240 then I'm sorry for that, hope you get it sorted, for me (specs in profile) it's on par with the last build...so I'm happy!

17. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

One quick thing I just remembered Kk... And i just confirmed it on ati drivers site. The 5900 series cards are not supported in the latest drivers. Look at the product compatibility and the last 5000 series drivers were updated at catalyst 11.2. Or somewhere around there. I wonder if the drop in fps has something to do with the new track tech and the card architecture/drivers? I am getting half the fps compared to other tracks as well so im mainly testing setups and WIPS on it..

Cant tell you how ironic it is to be told Im out of my league by someone who doesn't know their card is dual gpu or the driver support ended many versions ago... but hey... that's life sometimes :)
    If you can't find a solution I may be able to help as you honestly do seem like a good guy from a number of your posts... see how it goes... I do have a 6750 ( I think it is, collecting dust on a shelf, well the static bag it is in is collecting dust ;))

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2013
  18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Sv: Silverstone v1.01 Released

Crossfire is when connecting two graphic cards with a bridge. You don't have crossfire, you have two graphic processor units with your single card. I have one gpu per card. 2 cards = 2 gpu with bridge. You have 1 card = 2 gpu.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

19. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

That's true but it does use the same methods to make the 2 gpus work together, with a bridge on the card

20. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

thought i'd chuck in some of my performance stats for Silverstone

i can get pretty much 60fps steady with 20 ai. i have circuit detail high, oppo medium, player full textures full, shadows max, blur quality, SFX full, env ref low, road off, wind on, HDR on and 8x multisampling and 2x sparse grid SS set through nvinspector

i use a burnt out old i3 intel on a really rubbish mini mobo from an HP media pc, and i just threw a GTX660 2GB at it and 7gb RAM (original 3gb plus 4gb new)

im running at 1360 resolution though, thats about the only caveat i have on the performance. but it looks outstanding, plays great, occasional micro stuttering but thats fixed with some fiddling in PLR file usually.

would the screen res have such a big impact that my very average machine can run at pretty high settings but everyone else is having low FPS at less settings?
    View attachment 8579 View attachment 8580 View attachment 8581