Silverstone v1.01 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 28, 2013.

1. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

No one will disagree, but it is double the file size too. I don't really mind, but they will have to adjust the system requirements, because maxing this will take a monster, which I don't have at the moment.

2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

A Titan is probably the only card that will run this track at full details with AI.

3. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Environment reflections is the biggest issue - total killer.

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Fantastic work ISI as usual.

lol, i don't know....will you?

5. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

there is a HDR profile to run Silverstone as the ISI image?

6. C3PO

C3PO Registered

With reflections off, i am getting similar FPS in Sebring to Silverstone, but none of the performance hiccups which i am actually still getting in Silverstone (tho better than with reflections on). The gameplay in race is super smooth at Sebring around the whole track.

Something's gone weirdly wrong with Silverstone in the performance department. I cannot believe it is the extra detail, which looks great but is at a level of the latest tracks in iRacing which have very few performance issues now and are of a similar visual standard.

7. jrg_carrion94

jrg_carrion94 Registered

That's what i wanna know, please Tim answer that D:

8. zack

zack Registered

i have 2x 680gtx sitting on a i7-3930K@4,5ghz with 32gb ram
    ridiculous at all with rf2!

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Well, track looks very good, but something has to be done with the performance... I'll not even try to go online and play with +10 players. I tried it out with highest settings except shadows set to medium, FXAA off, 3x AA. 35 fps leaving the pits, alone on track with my Brabham... seriously? 90 fps at Hangar straight but some parts of the track it drops to 40. And it never really feels smooth. Strange stuttering and even screen tearing. V-sync disabled but I'm not experiencing that in other games.

And now I'm only running ONE monitor. These are the frames I used to get with THREE monitors and multi-view enabled, build 218, medium graphic settings.

It seems like I'll have to take a break from rf2, because my last league race was a disaster. I could not concentrate because of the huge fps drops, stuttering, screen tearing etc. But it looks like I can fire up Battlefield 3 with high/ultra settings and never experience these issues, and never drop below 60-70 fps :(

Well, great job on the visuals, but I'm waiting for the performance.

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

That doesn't look like a different HDR profiles... To me it looks like totally different road textures. I've not seen the 'black' asphalt, and I've tried HDR on and off. Maybe ISI thought road was too dark and changed it before release? :confused:

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm still yet to test

Alot of the posts here that refer to bad performance -would it be possible to also include your insim settings something like this:

Resolution
    AA x (if super sample etc)
    Track detail
    Shadows
    Texture detail
    Fxaa
    HDR
    W.Reflections
    Crowd move
    Mirrors
    Multi view

I usually run:

900x4400 (tripple screen)
    AA x0 (completely off)
    Track detail med
    Shadows med
    Texture detail med
    Fxaa off
    HDR on
    W.reflections on
    Crowd move off
    Mirrors off (I use button when I need)
    Multi view off (still using 3 screens)

------just copy paste to save time

Also make sure your pc specs are in your profile

I find rf2 is a bit sensitive -the options do need to be set right for the pc, I run with no AA as I find it to expensive for what it it

Notice I also run with the minimum resolution I can ...after getting use to this res I actually prefer it, it helps a lot

Good fps is critical in a racing sim

(I do run in 3d vision which smooths things a tad though)

No offence but just posting
    "Bad performance blah blah "
    Isn't to helpful

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
  12. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

the track may be nice ..... but it is undrivable. Exiting the garage I got 3 -6 fps !!! with new Corvette and 15 AIs.
    Other ISI Tracks with same grafic choices, I run with 40 to 60.

Win7 Ultim. 64 bit, 4 GB RAM, Intel DualCore E8400 3Ghz, AIT HD 6850 - Build 240.

EDIT: yes, Env. Reflection is the killer, even with LOW. Switched it OFF - all is running normal and smoth. BUT the cars are ugly now :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
  13. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'll not play with env reflections off, it's the most important of graphic settings... But I'm gonna try it out and see the difference.
    It might be extraordinarily bad optimized for Silverstone? I hope they fix it soon.

14. jrg_carrion94

jrg_carrion94 Registered

It's not only the road texture, on ISI's pictures all looks better: the shadows, the environment, offroad textures... It looks like it was another game.

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Tried with environment reflections off, and gained much fps, but still it's unplayable. With 10 AI's in the start I first have 50fps but suddenly it drops to 30 the same second as the start goes... It varies between 30-60 fps all the time. Too big differences. And even if it stays above 50 fps all the time that's far from enough with my system. How am I supposed to even run eyefinity when I can barely run one monitor? Of course I lower settings but medium/low won't be enough!

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Check 240 thread notes.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

17. Twista

Twista Registered

Silverstone runs poorly because it's easily the most detailed track that ISI have released so far. You guys wanted Feels quality work, you got it.

[​IMG]

18. tjc

tjc Registered

First impressions of Silverstone...

Very nicely done, the track looks really good although I too have a very light coloured track surface and I`d have liked it to be like the screens we`ve all seen with the nice, dark road surface. Hopefully that will make a return. Just for testing purposes I maxed everything out and let my AI driver go round for a couple of laps and I have to say, my Silverstone doesn`t look anywhere near as good as the screens from Tim/ISI. It looks good as I`ve said, just not as good as those screens...

I also have big fps drop/performance hit with the track but setting Environment Reflections to off does increase the fps and performance quite drastically... a big boost with that off but I like my Environment Reflections to be on so I guess a compromise will have to be found for now.

19. 88mphTim

I have same CPU and ram, slightly worse gpu I think. Works here yes.

20. 88mphTim

This isn't a Silverstone fault, right??