Silverstone v1.01 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 28, 2013.

1. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

True. It depends on place on the track (I don't know how old are google shots, it's new layout for sure, but don't know if asphalt is up to date on shots)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Twista

Twista Registered

I was there last week, nothing's changed since the guys went to survey it. :)

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Excellent!!!

Really looking forward to this one.

:cool:

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Downloading now

Haven't tried build 240 yet, so I've got both new build and new track. This friday couldn't start any better :cool:

5. Domi

Domi Registered

The performance of this track is absolutely awful, I can't understand how ISI released this track with those problems... sure, the track modeling is fantastic, but what's the point if you can barely achieve 30-40fps? And that's with no HDR, no environment reflections, shadows on medium, etc.... also Silverstone doesn't have many things on track, basically the tarmac and grass, it's not like other tracks where you have plenty of buildings, complex geometries and so...

I am incredibly disappointed.

6. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Sadly I have to agree.

7. C3PO

C3PO Registered

First of all - track looks excellent, particularly with the real view hdr profile. There is a fair bit of flickering I have noticed with thin structures and shadows. The biggest issue - as people have said - is performance. On my 680gtx sli system I am getting max of 40fps with one car (C6R) and lows into the high 20s/ low 30s. Getting double this at other tracks. Will test in "race conditions" now. There is also some stuttering.

8. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Does anyone else think this track might have been rushed out for the GP and isn't optimised?

9. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Low FPS is race conditions too...but the bigger issue is the increased stuttering. V difficult to race with.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
  10. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I manage good frame rate without FXAA and reflections, but at first, it was 16 FPS around buildings but 80 FPS on hangar straight. Probably the biggest discrepancy I've ever seen.

11. C3PO

C3PO Registered

I think it is a fundamental optimisation issue because I am seeing similar performance with one car v 30 cars (except the latter introduces lag / stuttering that makes it looks like I am racing using dial-up over the internet.)

12. Takumi

Takumi Registered

FXAA off, texture detail max-->high and mirrors off. I managed to get 45fps avg. At some places it gets up to 120fps but in lowest still only 20fps. Huge cap there for sure.

13. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Excellent find. All reflections off brings FPS back up to 50 fps on grid and up to 105 elsewhere on the track during the track. Major bugs/issues with reflections.

14. sg333

sg333 Registered

Absolute murder on my PC. 30-40FPS by myself :(

15. jrg_carrion94

jrg_carrion94 Registered

Where can i download that hdr profile? I can only choose between realistic clear or none.

16. Nick88

Nick88 Registered

This track is very FPS heavy and doesn't feel optimised. The colouring looks a bit off, the curbs look pink rather than red. Layout feels good but I don't know if it is the track or latest build but other circuits fps seem to have also dropped?

17. Domi

Domi Registered

Good for you, the only way i can get around 100fps (and very inconsistent) is with almost everything low/off, but then it looks worse than a Playstation 2 game. And I'm sorry but we are in 2013.

18. sg333

sg333 Registered

I'm not sure if an HDR profile can fix this, but yes, I set the time to 9.30am and the kerbs and walls are closer to pink, and the colour in general feels off.

19. Takumi

Takumi Registered

It is not only reflections. I don't use them at any circuit and still get poor fps at Silverstone compared to other tracks. Turning reflections off helps a lot but same thing at other circuits as well, not only silvers. Overall performance is just pretty poor at this new track.

20. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Yeah, I don't think optimization will fix the inconsistency, it's like they modeled every tool in every garage and it's rendering that stuff every time you drive by. :D

What I do is to Full or High everything, lose both types of reflections and all AA. It's a bit jaggy, but it still looks fine in 1050p. I'm just getting to grips with setting it up, it's quite complicated with rF2.