rFactor2 Build 240 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 27, 2013.

1. JGraf

JGraf Registered

one of the old showrooms was replaced with a static "car screenshot" could explain why it doesn't rotate?
    see: single player, customize, showroom.

2. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Hey thank you very much for the tip. Missed that one on the new build. Worked a treat.

3. Tony

Tony Registered

Has everyone still got the weird & fluorescent colours to the cars in the showroom?

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Or it's like a war zone hospital where you treat those you can save first, or a normal one where a doctor has a speciality and they each do their jobs, or an ER where the guy with the heart gets seen and your finger gas to wait. Or maybe it's nothing like a hospital. In fact, the last one is right, it's not a hospital. :)

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

5. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Hehe - I am aware of that. Actually it is a compliment to be referred to as the heart surgents in the business if you think about it :p But I think you get my point :)

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Yes but is the smoke and shadow problem ever going to be solved?

Smoke affects driving experience quite a lot but nothing seems to be done since reported. I guess the doctor that programmed this is the same doctor that later had time to introduce water spray before fixing the smoke issue.

Shadow settings are frustrating since I wil need to put them in high to see the shadow of the car ahead which would ruin my fps. Including features such as smoke and shadows that need to be later turned off does not seem to me very logical in the war like hospital you mentioned. It is like healing the arm of the guy that will later die because he was also shot in the head.

Please fix it! :eek:
    Sent from a mobile device using

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

8. qusimano

qusimano Registered

I honestly lost any hope for the undercar shadows and smoke :cool:

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Use overcast weather makes the effect that car seems to float less noticeable.

Shadows and smoke be finalized nearer to final builds i would assume.
    People want to remember rFactor had shadows and sun pointing wrong way at default circuits.

I never understood what pretty sky has to do with anything either.

If all you want to do is screenshot a game get GT5 .

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

matter of opinion, realistic skies make for better realism and rf2 does just that for that.

would also like to see shadows and smoke fixed a lot sooner than the final few builds too...they're years away!

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

When frustration runs high it's best to take a break from rf2 for a month or so, that's what I do when the plugin delay really starts to irratate me,

Rfactor 2 is progressing & going in the right direction so that's the most important thing I guess

12. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Its not about pretty sky its about realism. Graphics do matter, they matter a great deal.

13. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

It's 2013. We can have top quality visuals, audio and physics in a racing sim.

I've never understood this attitude amongst some PC racers that physics are the only thing that matters. Yes, of course they are top priority, but graphics can be an instant immersion-killer if not delivered to a standard worthy of modern PCs.

14. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

15. coops

coops Banned

^^ you forgot sound as well. 5.1

16. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I never understood why people forget ISI is such a relatively small company without the budget to put a large number of/all the programmers on the rendering engine all at once. This stuff takes time and money and at a certain point small changes can take a fair bit of work without them being all that noticable at this stage. Budget wise, in those cases, that time is spent more useful.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

there's only so long that argument can be thrashed out, mainly when assetto corsa comes out....similar sized workforce you see ;)

18. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Fact is that we can drive this sim for over a year now, while Assetto Corsa only has a techdemo with 1 car and 1 track ;)

It's not an argument though, simple fact. They have their own set of priorities, no matter what the community says.

19. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Agreed, it's a tired argument.

20. tjc

tjc Registered

I don`t see it as an argument that`s being "thrashed" out... afaik it`s a fact.

These guys are a small team that are going to do things their way in their time frame.

Be easier for people if they just accepted that imo...