rFactor2 Build 240 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

Reinstall. I've done it about a million times.

2. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Ordinarily I'm not very critical of ISI and that is not the intent here.
    I am just trying to get a sense of things as they are right now.
    It's understood that the ISI workforce is very small and trying desperately to put out an innovative product.
    That said, I can't bury my head in the sand.
    If you re-visit the timeframe since ISI first announced RF2, some 'hard' questions still have to be asked...(many of which I'm sure have been asked times over)...
    Why coming on the heels of RF and this many builds in, are some basic visual pieces so elusive?
    Why is there still 'cotton-ball' kick-up during off-track excursions?
    Why are shadows not yet stable.
    While I understand the guys are concentrating on physics first...(and I applaud them for that)...visual first impressions coupled with already good handling will sparks interest for new guys who've never heard of ISI or the RFactor series.
    Maybe it's time for them to step it up a notch and get somebody moving on that aspect, while the other guys continue the core stuff.
    Personally, I'd like to see a Tuttle/Feels3 'super collaboration.
    I'd be similar to what Hudson Kerr did for RF.
    He was able to inject 'life' into those skies which did a lot for the sim in general.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
  3. g7usl

g7usl Registered

Thanks for your help but, there is no full link as there has been with other updates?

4. Tony

Tony Registered

ISI have re-thought the installs, so if you're really stuck, try the core download: "rFactor2 Sampler, Build 240"

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/

Then install whatever you want from the links that follow on below this one, as they're all components now (thank goodness)

Yep I know it's going to take you some time, but that should get you up & running again

nb. to cut corners, you could save your existing Packages folder & cut & paste that back into your new install in My Docs?

Good luck :)

5. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Dont know where to post but here it goes.

I´ve been relutant about RF2 for some time. I´ve been critic of some things in RF2 development.
    But today testing PCars in some friend home i finally have to admit. Its bad, too bad even to be called simulador. Nothing reaches close to RF2 in simulation at present moment.
    As a simracing community owner i allready announced RF2 has RF1 follower for upcoming years.
    Cheers.

6. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

It is really bad for sure. And while AC seems to be really good, it does lack some nice features what we have in rF2. And then rF2 is broken. Not just unfinished, but broken. Maybe in 2016 we have better view what really happened to this generation of car sims.

7. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Watch out - the trolls are about. I'm sure they're fans of other products in the racing market, lol.

8. François Bessard

François Bessard Registered

it will be possible to increase the shadows distance for better quality replays ????
    LOD + shadows distance

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Could it be possible that cars always projected shadows independently from the shadows setting?I guess it is the scenario which consumes most gpu resources when shadows are maxed.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

10. François Bessard

François Bessard Registered

Is that I notice is that the distance of the shadow moves along the LOD load the texture depending on the distance and displacement of the object targeted by the camera. What I want to know is ... Is it possible thereafter to increase the distance or would have to be restricted to this level??

11. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Not being funny but looking at your PC specs, I see you are running Windows 7 64 bit with only 4 gig of ram.
    Recommended ram for your PC is 6 gig, especially as far as gaming is concerned.
    You might become a cropper with AC as well when it starts to get near full release status

Just sayin'

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013
  12. Johannes Rojola

That is not issue as I rarely really drive these games anymore. I just mod them. Sometimes I do drive, but alone, and then my specs are not a issue.

13. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

OK. fair enough :)

14. Justin Time

Justin Time Registered

I have log in problems.
    I updatetd the sim from 198 via the 240 lite update, but everytime i start the sim i have to log in again with my email and password. "Everytime" was cheked..can anyone help?

and btw how can i validate my rfactor 2 ?

15. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No just ones that work.

Last 2 builds has cost a lot of casual open room types from what I see.

The beta period is long over, not supposed to be paying to bug test it if you buy it today.

I don't know what new users must think online compared to what I did about Build 45-60. ( they were better )

Should have no hassle running by now.

I suggested a seperate ISI only content sever 18 months ago and got jumped on for it. lol

Now I see people give a + to someone saying exact same thing.

oh dear lopl

Having said that Historic is the best chassis / tyres / physics combo I have driven in over 20 years, full stop.

17. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I don't see why anyone would disagree with an official ISI server running the default content. Many new players would appreciate it. I try to introduce rFactor2 to people on other forums and the current multiplayer situation turns some people away. One guy was complaining that he thought paying the yearly fee meant he can play on an ISI server.

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I must agree that online situation is quite frustrating. Either you are racing within a league or you casually race in ISR servers. Thats pretty much about it. The number of people driving online everytime I join the matchmaker is very small.

A thread was open recently denouncing this situation and comparing it with other sim status but was closed immediately to avoid bad publicity since for sure it would have had lots of replies and would have been in the top of the list of threads.

I think it was an error trying to hide something that is a FACT. ISI needs to think about this problem and put some solution on the table. The ostridge technique doesnt seem very clever in this case. ISI is running out of time to solve this issue before a clear alternative is in the market. When that happens it might be too late.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

19. Johannes Rojola

So what exactly is the issue?

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Empty servers and no online activity.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 4 Beta