rFactor2 Build 240 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Well, not long time ago I had a IPS monitor. I had the same problem there, with the later builds, but not with earlier builds. Also, I don't see this in any other games/videos with my current monitor.

2. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I only see the highlighted areas as blackish to very dark grey, even when i zoom in to the highlighted areas so they fill my entire screen.

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

From my phone i can only see black in the highlighted areas. I'll try later with the pc but right now I would say somebody is exagerating. Besides the dashboard is so dark I cannot see any detail on it

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

4. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Registered

Again! Do you play in zoom? Lol!

5. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

I experience the same issue. The 'oil' spots are not that elaborate as in some other pics, but still everywhere to be found. My specs: GTX 550ti, 3.20 WHQL drivers, Iiyama PL E2773HS. Notably I changed to this monitor from a Iiyama E2208EHS, with which the issue was also there.

View attachment 8740

6. Tiger

Tiger Registered

yet another update that miss the target....
    some things corrected or added, but some which were working fine before, aren't stable anymore.
    one example, the rubber that deposits to the track after a few laps, is far too much filling the purpose, on a F1 race, at 30% race, the track is almost "sticky" and abnormal times can be achieved by any driver...
    it's not very "normal"...
    can it be corrected, I don't know, whish that it could be done ;)

7. Minibull

Minibull Member

Real Road has always been running at a sped up pace, for testing purposes. ISI has said things will be changed later. Same goes for the drying line in the wet.

8. C3PO

C3PO Registered

I clearly see the purple mottling effect too in cars. The cockpit graphics are the weakest part of the sim at the moment (particularly the Corvette) - the textures need some love. Best interior I have seen is the McLaren in iRacing - so it can be done without a massive performance hit. I'm sure cockpit gfx will improve. Just look at how great the tracks are now coming out.

9. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Really?

10. Minibull

Minibull Member

Gee, I think they look stunning. Oh yes I know, it's subjective to a certain degree, but just go back and look at the titles you played 2-3 years ago...for me, things have come such a long way, especially the awesome shadows when you crank them right up. The way everything casts its own shadows and they move about, looks great. I never find myself looking at blurry blobs of texture or models that are clearly as basic as can be either. Oh well, funtimes.

11. C3PO

C3PO Registered

I race with a v low FoV on my three screens so that I am closer to the virtual dashboard to get a correct perspective from outside. Any hints or tips to improve gratefully received.

12. Takumi

Takumi Registered

Really? Cockpits are best part of the game when we are speaking about graphics IMO. Have you set vehicle details at full and textures? I think that they are already going little too far with details of the car because some new vehicles are pretty heavy to run at certain tracks. Mirror fps fix would be huge help.

13. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Don't have to zoom in to see or is it a monitor issue. It looks like a texture/material artifact. Look on the wheel rim below and wheel grips... The GTR, vette and F3.5 all have it badly, others less so.

[​IMG]

14. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Those cars mentioned above, the cockpits and the visual style really remind me of the Race07, EVO art style. I think the problem is and maybe Tim will confirm that these models we have currently are all old models from years ago that have just been bought upto date. Looking at them they look like Evo type models and texture work. I suspect these were models created a long time ago when rF2 was announced. Obvioulsy rF2 has better lighting etc, but material and texture style is quite alike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The marussia is the best of the current crop, it looks alot better, looks far more current in every way, still could be much better though like the tracks have evolved.. I really hope we do see the same loving on car models now that we are seeing on tracks lately. If you look at cockpit of the open wheeler Tuttle was working on that looks far more current in art style. Cobra is the big one for me now with the announced cars. I really hope that looks the dogs danglies, really excited for this car.

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

RMT released these pics for rf2 at Nov 2009

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do we have this quality in our cockpits at July 2013?
    If yes, I terribly need a new video card (well, I do anyway)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2013
  16. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Nope nothing near that quality right now. But i hope with the current trend of track quality that will translate to the cars now. I really want the Cobra to look really really good in the cockpit. Those WSGT shots are looking dated themselves now in comparison to the current sims but model quality is still super good, they look like SHIFT2 quality minus the SHIFT 2 shading. So no nikos you don't need a better card just yet for better cockpits.

17. sg333

sg333 Registered

The cars have had updates, but really they need to just stop releasing new cars with current content clearly unfinished. I'd much prefer if what we already had was finished to a higher quality than getting more unfinished, unrefined cars.

18. Minibull

Minibull Member

Ooo yeah I know, great looking stuff for sure. But were you playing that in 2009?

For me in my library, I was in Simbins line of games mostly (GTR Evo and RACE, etc), Tried a bit of rF1, had LFS, and was playing NFS Shift and Race Driver GRID. RBR was also there but that is still in current use now XD

Shift and GRID looked great, played like ****. No cockpits in GRID too. Cockpits looked cool in Shift, but some very suspicious car handling...I think it was the Carrera GT that used to behave very oddly...either that or very low cars...plus everything went blurry when driving XD

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

GPL Sportscars,RBR, RF1, LFS and much FSX.
    They all went to the dustbin (except FSX ofcourse) after RF2.

Isnt that irrelevant?

Discussion started here

and I agree.
    I still expect much more regarding cockpits, I wont be satisfied till I see RMT quality, I suppose Im spoiled for ever after their pics :D

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

AC cockpits look pretty damn amazing, that recent video of one was very cool! I think the RF2 ones are just fine as well.