rFactor2 Build 240 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Oh OK. If you say so. Thanks.

ISI, please nevermind. Nikos says everything's OK. :rolleyes:

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Like I said in other thread just gets better for me, full screen, windowed, vsync , no vsync, no inspector, with inspector any driver any which way.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I know what it is ! Of course !

I am too goddamn old to catch the stutter......

lol :)

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

performance is the same as the last build for me at mills, mid Ohio and hidden valley after a few runs last night. Happy with that :)

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You have something in Windows stealing focus. Either try running rF2 in Window mode if you aren't already, or shut that program off.

6. Miro

Miro Registered

Yes thx, I just moved so no dsl here, was using a wireless connection and the i-net software was causing it. Deleted it and all fine again.

7. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

My specs

Asus AMD 990FX Tuf Sabertooth
    AMD FX-8120 X8 3100MHZ 16MB 125W AM3+
    Kingston 16GB 1600MHz 9-9-9 DDR3 HyperX Red
    Samsung 24X DVDRW SATA OEM
    ULTRA LSP750 750W ATX POWER SUPPLY
    CM Elite 371 ATX Mid-Tower Case (RC-371-KKN1)
    MSI Radeon HD 7850 Twin Frozr 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0
    Seagate 1TB Serial ATA HD 7200/64MB/SATA-6G

I cant get the sim to give any good fps. I'm lucky to get 30fps no matter the track/car. I used to get up to 60fps last build. I have turned graphics down and still no luck. Not trying do the AMD/NVIDIA war but Im a little disappointed. Any Ideas?

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Some have reported that a fresh install helped, but I have not yet seen confirmation of why it helped.

9. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Thanks for reply Tim :) Will give it a go.

10. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

Hello! a few months ago I decided to buy a new PC. I wanted to try rFactor2 since rFactor1 has given me many good times.

The fact is that after making the investment, the game runs at 20 FPS with graphics well below the games a few years ago that worked also on my old PC. And by far exceeded the recommended requirements.

View attachment 8524

After a year and a half the game is very poorly optimized, possibly the worst optimized game this at this time.

Question for Tim:
    Will it be possible to approach the FPS of iRacing?

11. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Well it is better but sure not what I was getting before this build. Guess will hold off on rF2 till next build. Hope to get AMD optimization :) I built this new machine because I wanted better performance with this sim. I'd hate to have to go spend more :(

12. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Tried the demo on my machine:
    i5 2500k@2,7GHz
    550Ti 1GB
    WinXP32bit
    No problems at all!!
    slightly decreased detail-level but
    HDR is on
    reflection are at low
    and I get 40-50 FPS buttersmooth while driving, at 1920x1440!!!
    Replay is not so smooth,- but this seemed to be standard at the moment.
    The graphics quality at this settings is also pretty good!

Only sad thing: With this version of the demo I cant install additional content anymore :(
    UI is good too! I donĀ“t understand what problem some people have with this????
    If you know rF1 you know this one too! OK the garage settings are not really clearly arranged but the rest is very easy to me...
    Greets
    Pete

13. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

I don't know what the problem is with this build but it sure doesn't like my setup. Just out of curiosity if its my machince I went rF1 to see fps there. Everything maxed out I get 90fps. Will wait for next build I guess :(

14. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan Registered

same here, anyone already figured out an answer? don't really feel like doing a fresh install. my last install is 198, might that be the problem?
    So far the only thing that really worked nicely with rFactor has been the updating system, the last build i tried (198) was still so far off the mark, it was woesome, dreadful graphics, smoke in car, many of the weather features not working ok, you name it. wanted to give it another go at silverstone and then: nothing.

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'm not sure if you're saying that you updated from build 198 to 240 (didn't know that was possible?), or if you're still running build 198? However, Silverstone need build 240 to work. And if you have updated from 198 to 240 and it's not working, I guess you'll need to do a fresh install.

Fresh installs are not that hard to do. The uninstaller doesn't remove your player/packages folder if I recall correctly. So you just have to uninstall, install new build, open mod manager, select all your mods and install them and play. But for me, the uninstaller sometimes do not remove the core folder neither, so I have remove it myself.

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I now install new versions in different folders. You are sure everything is up to date. Since older builds remain in the PC you can always recover anything needed, especially controller.ini for the key assignation. However in some cases new builds have new things and reusing old files might be an issue (.plr). I never separate core and user settings. Only the package folder is shared between all them. I just install a few mods to avoid saturating my hard drive. Works great and makes it simple to compare two builds or play online in transient times where sometimes different builds can be found in the matchmaker. If you havent tried and dont have disk space trouble give it a try.

If someone wants to try to check differences between ingame updating, download updating, fresh installing, installing over previous build, uninstalling and reinstalling or any other Installation method I might have missed, he can do so having them replicated as well in different folders (one for each methodused) being sure that the rest of the PC is not a variable (card configuration, energy plan, ...) For sure there will always be the variable of the initial state of previous build. I guess that updating a corrupt version will always result problematic. I would reccomend so, to use a fresh installation from the previous build in order to have a default for everybody.

Hope it helps putting some reasonable evidence when people say things get fixed with this or that way of installing

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
  17. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Is there way to get build 228? I wanna install and see if it is this 240 build or not. I'm sure it is because I spent some time racing 228 and not at all with 240 build :(

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Post #137 of this thread... ^^ :)

19. Thor

Thor Registered

Please Fix reflection Bug. Thanks! Build 240
    [​IMG]

20. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Tx very much tjc. Will post my findings.