InternalsPlugin: UpdateTelemetry - rF1 vs rF2

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by B1K3R, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, that would explain what's changed in rF2 then :)

I noticed it had changed from true/false to 1/0... but never scrolled to the right to read the comment... lol

*Presumably the 'telemetry data' for remote vehicles wouldn't be full quality, given the bandwidth constraints. Some of it (position etc) would probably be determined by the netcode, while you'd have to think a lot of the actual telemetry would be non-existent or very patchy at best. Any updates from anyone actually trying it?

2. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yeah, I'm picking up the telemetry data for all cars but I'm not really using it for the time being. It looks good though, however I have not checked it all

3. DuRiN

DuRiN Registered

Yes, rf2 has telemetry for all players,but not rf1. Tested a few months ago

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
  4. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Where do you find a TelemInfoV2 structure? The only one I can find is TelemInfoV01 in InternalsPlugin.hpp, from the InternalsPlugin5.zip dowload in the rF2 dev corner. Is there a newer internals plugin somewhere?

@all: Do you need to return something other than 1 from GetPluginVersion when you want to retrieve telemetry from all vehicles?
    EDIT: No, you don't, I was just a bit trigger happy when testing and forgot the 20 second plug-in delay.... :/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
  5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yeah, that's what I did and its working for me.

Cheers

6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

We were talking about rF1. In rF2 there is only TelemInfoV1 :)

7. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Ah, got it, thanks! :)

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I know this is a super old thread but I was just playing with return(2) for all cars but it seems to return data for AI cars only. So it's basically useless.

Can anyone confirm if they are experiencing the same thing or have I lost my mind?

9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Did you update both header files?

long WantsTelemetryUpdates() { return 2; } // we want "all players" info

and

virtual long WantsTelemetryUpdates() { return( 2 ); } // whether we want telemetry updates (0=no 1=player-only 2=all vehicles)

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yeah I set both but still only get data for the AI cars. I've been told the server doesn't really have full telemetry for MP cars anyways (due to bandwidth restrictions). Because the AI cars are actually running server side it has access to their telemetry (well, some of if anyways). So for us to get telemetry data, ISI would have to start sending it from the client to the server which would increase bandwidth requirements. So for now the only way to access telemetry is locally. I was wanting to make a telemetry page which could be password protected and allow team mates to monitor the car while the driver stays focused on the track. The only way to do this I guess will be to install a plugin on the client side for each driver. I was hoping for a more simplistic approach and was thinking this would finally possible with rF2. Oh well, back to the drawling boards.

11. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I see its no easy task :) you can make a plugin for each client and show the data through a windows app on each client or each client streams the data to a web page but the latter more complex and more bandwidth

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk