4x Better Graphics and way more FPS Guide

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Bart S, Jun 6, 2013.

1. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

And now pls. what is the inGame AA Level to set ? 1,2 or 8 ???

2. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

That all depends on if in NVinspector you set it to overide or enhance... if override then disable rf2 configurator AA. if inhance then set it to the number of whatever AA level you chose in NVinspector... Example... if set to 4x miltisampling then set rf2 config to 3...

3. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Ok , thx , i dont use Nvspector for SSAA , too much bits , never know what the right...But for OC the best

: )

4. Bart S

Bart S Member

Once you have configured Inspector just like in the first post and apply changes it is no different to using the nVidia Control Panel, you just set the settings and leave it, you don't need to start up inspector everytime you want its settings applied to a game. If you want the settings to apply to all games you should edit the global profile but I recommend you configure on game specific settings only and attach game EXE to that profile for it to work. Just follow the instruction in the first post exactly and you will be ok.

5. Bart S

Bart S Member

I would recommend to set ingame Anti Aliasing to none if using nVidia Inspector for your settings you will probably save some processing time turning it off anyway. Set in nvidia inspector to override.
    There may be too many bits to set in nVidia inspector but it become familiar and easy before long. You will be making your own adjustments in no time.

6. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Just wanted to thank you Bart because rFactor2 has never looked better! I was researching a funny issue I had with trees on certain tracks which looked like either a layer of glass was in front of them or they were plain white.

Upon stumbling upon this thread and tweaking the AA settings and others you mentioned not only does it look 10 times better than before but the tree issue is fixed. :)

I set AA to 32X CSAA in inspector and finally I was able to see a reduction in FPS. This GTX 780 just plows right through rFactor2 but after applying your tweaks I got a reality check and FPS dropped from in the thousands to around 60. Awesome write-up man and thanks for sharing. This is exactly what rFactor2 needs and is lacking. Now to find out how to do those custom HDR profiles...

7. Harmermania

Harmermania Registered

Thanks BartS. This works a treat with my new GTX 780. I couldn't be happier with it and the game looks great! Way better than with the Cross-fired 7970's I just got rid of. I can't believe how much better nvidia's card is with this game.

8. ambig88

ambig88 Registered

This works great on my GTX 760 I just got to replace my 6850. The 6850 just couldn't keep up at 2560x1440, and it couldn't run my 1920x1080 monitor alongside my main monitor.

9. simRAYcing

simRAYcing Registered

Hey mate i have a problem with nvidia inspector. NI dont save my profile :( my steps -> open NI -> then choose profile rFactor 2 -> add aplication -> select .exe -> apply - restart - > klicking on the house to load my rF2 profile but nothing is there :( help please

10. Magus

Magus Registered

You shouldn't need to add the application if you haven't deleted it. When you start typing 'rfactor' into the Profiles box it will show you:

View attachment 9909

Do you get this?

If so then select the rfactor2.exe, then any changes you make you just need to press apply.

Also you Nvidia Inspector folder should look like this:

View attachment 9910

Note: the .nip files are just profiles I have exported so you won't have them in your folder.

11. simRAYcing

simRAYcing Registered

Hi,

"1). Click on Profiles and find rFactor2 select rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe)
    2). Click "add application to current profile" at the top
    3). Find and Select rFactor2.exe and then click open
    4). Click "Apply Changes" button at the top"

that's the way i do it. When i do it ur way it's the same. I make a change and apply and restart it, the change is gone and everything is on default -.- Startet with and without Admin. newest version or older version nothing is working :(

12. Magus

Magus Registered

Hmmm. I'm a little confused by what you are doing as you need not to 'add application' if the profile already exists. In fact if you try to add an application to an existing profile it will tell you that .exe already has a profile. I am wondering whether you have added the rf2 launcher exe instead of the exe found in Program Files/rfactor2/Core ?

Regardless, pull up the rf2 profile on NVI and press the 'restore current profile to Nvidia defaults' (basically the green nvidia logo button on NvI.

Now 'Apply Changes'

Now make any change you wish on the variables for rf2 within Nvi

Click 'Apply'

exit

Load NvI again & pull up the rf2 profile. Are the changes there?

13. simRAYcing

simRAYcing Registered

Thanks mate, worked :)!

14. Jempy

Jempy Registered

Very useful thread and advices, Bart ! ;) and many thanks for that.
    I applied your whole tutorial for my GTX 650 Ti .... , just lowered some details in game according to your advices as I still have a limited config with mother board (Asus P5QD Turbo ) and CPU dual core, W7 32 bits and of course only 4Gb Ram.

But it changed perfectly and efficiently the look and fluidity of RF2 ... in which I now can find a real pleasure.

It deserves a 10/10 ! :cool:

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

What kind of settings can I apply with these specs: HP Envy Phoenix h9-1440 •Intel® Core™ i7 3770K •3,5 GHz, 16 Gt:n DDR3 (1600MHz), •NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2 Gb, WIN 8 64bit

I would like to achive over 60 fps on every track. I'm using single screen setup.

Almost full?

sorry if it's wrong thread but I just chose first one dealing with performance :p

16. whiplash

whiplash Registered

I'd guess you might be able to run everything maxed out with your system. Maybe lower shadows and reflections.

17. Bart S

Bart S Member

Just give it a go Tig, the only thing I'd say you gotta look out for is your 2GB Buffer, but that only ever becomes an issue with 3D and / or Triple screen.

In your case I would suggest straight of the bat 32x CSAA or 16xQ CSAA with 2x or 4x SGSS. If your limited to 60Hz monitor I would also suggest verticle sync tear control = adaptive leave vsync = off, Triple buffering = On, Multi-display/Mixed GPU acceleration = single display performance. The rest just follow the guide.

BTW: I would get your sharpness quality up first and get rid of the jaggies to your liking, if your fps is still outside a consistent 60fps I would start lowering quality and detail levels ingame and in nV inspector.

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I guess you are reffering to Nvidia control panel? too bad it's in finnish for me :D what are CSAA and SGSS?...and yes, my monitor is 60Hz

at least I can se triple buffer is off atm...what does it do?

tried to load Silverstone/BES mod combination with almost all maxed and got this:

View attachment 9958

loading were almost finished and then it stucked.

tried also Mores/Bes with the same settings and all went fine...nice 109-140 fps.

19. Bart S

Bart S Member

TIG did you read my first post, I'm refering to setting in nVidia Inspector not nVidia Control Panel, if you want the best quality jaggyless image you need to be able to set SGSS ( Sparse Grid Supersampling ) I'm afraid this cant be done in nVidia CP. You need to read the first post of this topic in full sorry if its long winded.

As soon as you set SGSS your fps will half im afraid but you will have a new game.

Whats happened with your bes mod is nothing to do with theses settings, I'd recommend clearing out your shaders to try resolve but I'd say its more a problem with the BES mod or a corrupt file on your machine.

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

If it's problem with BES or corrupt file then I guess Mores shouldn't have loaded either?

I think I don't yet have Nvidia inspector...

Lots of info in the OP... is it up to date?