Grip

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slo, May 22, 2013.

1. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

LOLOLOL, calling Nismo a noob.

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes i know and i'm with you on this mate.

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Don't give this guy the attention he craves, best thing is the ignore function as said previously. I think the majority know how the guy works round here from last time. Just move on and discuss with people that can actually have a mature conversation. Argueing over stuff like this is pathetic.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

so you fuel the fire by replying with that....could've used a PM....and yes I see the irony ;)

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

+1

6. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yep, i agree i should of done

7. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

He doesn't get the public attention he craves that way. ;)

8. Miro

Miro Registered

If this issue is still present then why giving examples for tire pressure in the setup options (i think skippy)
    And how is it possible that the skippy feels that good than. On the other hand it would explain the lack of feel whilst braking.
    After the update to the 1.4x version the FFB improved massively in slow speed corners and whilst accelerating out of slow speed turns as also on the limit IMO.

If this "issue" is still present then it makes absolutely no sense to comment on the car behavior.
    It must be a placebo then but the last time as I made a setup for the Vette I thought the tire pressure had deffo an impact on the car.

9. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Well pack it in then simple. I bet if we where all in the same room it wouldn't of been like this, we'd show more respect for each others OPINIONS being face to face, and then we'd say "**** this lets race" . For a bunch of lads who sheer the same love for sim racing you would think we could get along. Its a shame a few egos ruin it.

10. FONismo

FONismo Registered

This is what has been said from the start, any setup changes do not effect the cars. Go and fire up AC and adjust tyre pressures, go above 30 all tyres, instantly the FFB tightens up, car becomes ultra direct and twitchy and far more alive, like it's on stilts, if you can master the lairy rear like that, you will be really fast. Lower the pressures the car becomes far more composed and intuitive.

Both ways though, you can always feel the car in the slow stuff, same goes with GSC.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
  11. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Fair enough i apologise if i have offended you. I stick by my opinions though and will carry on discussing this with others that can discuss in a decent mature manner.

Maybe one day when rF2 has matured with better content i will race you guys and beat you :cool:

12. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Like wise Fonismo, i didnt want to upset no one its not my intention and im sorry too if i did.

I sincerely look forward to this day, although you would probably beat me today :)

13. Miro

Miro Registered

True that, but however I still can't agree that there is no FFB whatsoever in slow conditions. No FFB is like when you lock up and the car just goes on and it's deffo different whilst racing.

The last two/three turns on Croft were a good indicator for that behaviour and after the update to the 1.4x version that deffo improved. You can easily power out the Vette out of the last corner with nice feedback but again when there is enough rubbear on track.
    But then again turn two in Mid Ohio is very little feedback doesn't matter the rubber on track. I am not so sure what to think about that, altering the tire pressure/contact patch will improve the behaviour in some conditions but then again make it worse in others.

It seems now to be perfect just for one condition without options to alter the car behaviour drastically to the own or needed preferences.

14. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

What?!!!! Now you're talking nonsense. Clearly you're trolling at this point since that statement is complete and 100% b.s.

15. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Sorry if I lost something in the way... but what? something I like of rFactor 2 is how predicable is to setup a car, I learned to setup a car now with rFactor 2! :eek:

I need only few laps and I can begin to do a base setup, I don't know how this works in AC, but in rFactor 2 you can feel in FFB the changes in front suspension and downforce, especially downforce. Try different downforce configurations in FR3.5 and test yourself. As I said I don't know how much you feel comparing to AC, but at least I feel really well setup changes.

16. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

setup changes also bring about immense changes to car behaviour and feeling imo. For the feeling especially the caster/camber do wonders

17. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yes sorry when i began that post there was not Bake Beans post after Mrslfrsl and it was meant in reply to him, i should of quoted him. Any amount of tyre pressure setting changes make no difference in rF2 and FFB hence my post saying about tyre pressures in AC and how much of a difference it makes not only in how the car behaves but also in the FFB, something that does not happen in rF2.

To add aswell any amount of tweaking i have tried with the two cars has not given me the feel i need in the wheel.

18. BDenton

BDenton Registered

Right up until yesterday, I would have absolutely agreed with this. It always seemed like the middle of the tyre was overheating so my setup always ran the pressures at minimum, and I honestly assumed it was a bug. Maybe it is. However, after bumping them up a bit (~190) and running some smooth, consistent laps on a rubbered-in track, they can actually work as expected. At the end of 15 laps of Mills Outer B, I had pretty even temps and only the right rear was showing as yellow for wear on the HUD. Granted I'm pretty slow by anyone's standard, and I'm probably running an odd setup, with very low camber, fairly high caster, all the toe, and damper settings that look like the winning lotto numbers, but if the speed is built up slowly and consistently, and the car is treated with a light touch, the tyres will work. I'd say that it's incredibly, massively, ridiculously easy to over-drive the GT-R, especially getting the power down out of a corner, which is probably where all the art lies. Is that authentic? I don't know. I can absolutely believe it, though. And hell, if it was easy then it wouldn't be any fun.

19. stonec

stonec Registered

The tire contact path model in rF2 is not finished yet; from what I understood there will be an update to this. In the current model tire pressures hardly have any impact indeed, except maybe for tire temperatures.

20. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok... Long post warning :p

Thought I`d pop my head back in here for a read and I`ve got to say, it`s interesting (although a bit intense too :p) stuff.

My first post in this thread was about the general feeling of "driving on ice" in rf2 which I still don`t agree with at all.

In general, driving in rf2 is fine and I have never experienced this "ice" feeling that some seem to have but I did some testing last night with the vette, GTR and MR01 and I`ve now come to the conclusion that Nismo and pay2021 are correct imo...

These cars do seem to lack something in the slower stuff for sure... the GTR seems to lose a lot (if not nearly all) feeling when in the slow corners and it is quite difficult to feel what the car is doing or going to do. Very little ffb coming through the wheel to tell me where the car is at in the slow corners which resulted in poor laps/poor lap times and then frustration...

Out of all the cars in rf2 I`ve always struggled with the GTR the most and I`ve always put it down to me just sucking with that particular car but maybe it`s got more to do with the lack of feel one gets when driving it... that`s certainly not going to help anyway. Never really noticed this lack of feel before until it was mentioned by Nismo and some others but it is definitely present which makes me think I could drive this car better and have more fun with it if it gave better feedback through the wheel in general, but definitely in the slow corners.

The vette was better imo, a good bit better but again, when concentrating on this lack of feel in the slow stuff it is definitely there too and it`s another car that I`ve not had much success with in rf2. Now I`m quite happy to accept that maybe I do just suck with the aforementioned cars, if so fine, but they do need work in the ffb/feel department imo.

The MR01 was also tested and although I can drive this car and get reasonably good lap times with it, I have always felt the ffb was too light and could maybe be improved a bit, but in general I get a better feel with this car than the others mentioned, it`s just too light in that feel imo. After 4-5 laps to let me and the car/tyres warm up I can push the MR01 pretty hard and have no lock ups or wheel spins and have some really good fun driving it but I think that fun could be enhanced quite a lot (for me) if the ffb was tweaked a little to give more feel.

I can feel pretty much everything I`m looking for and expecting to feel with the Megane for example (which is an amazing driving experience imo now that it`s been updated) the car and the ffb do pretty much what I`d expect with this car and it can be pushed hard and driven well even in the slow stuff... it just feels "connected" imo.

Anyway, just my two cents on the subject and I`ll finish by saying this...

I have great faith in ISI to give us all the things we`re looking for in rf2 for years to come.

It`s still a wip and all these bugs and problems will be sorted up with time and a bit of patience shown by us all.

It`ll come to us guys and we`ll have an absolutely amazing driving sim when it does. :)