Grip

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slo, May 22, 2013.

1. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

How silly of me to want to be able to control cars at some point.
    Also, as for factual "data", that's mostly irrelevant as these games must be transferred to a person using a controller, so the more realistic game might be a turd.

2. Miro

Miro Registered

Well I for one just don't agree with all this low grip issues which people have especially with the Vette except when braking with cold tires on a mostly green track. It's quite amazing, as soon some one disagrees or just provides info as help he is called whatever here.

The passive aggressive nature of some comments here just leaves no room nor interest for discussion other than with people who also see flaws but mostly different flaws or just ditch around where ever they can.
    Even data doesn't stop people calling the car broken. It's all subjective stuff where everybody thinks he knows everything best.

The fact that some think the F1 GSC car is better than the rF2 Marussia just shows that they have not a single proper online race behind them in this car but this is where rF2 absolutely kicks in. Just to many simulated things are being ignored in favour of personal preferences.
    RF2 is different than any other sim, take it or leave it but just stop ignoring facts. Hotlapping and racing conditions are two pairs of shoes.

Racing was never about personal preferences as far as I know, adopt or loose that's how it is but don't ignore facts.

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

That there is bang on mate and what i feel and why i made the pCARS comparison. It is the pendulum feel, it's really really weird and very last gen in terms of physics, it doesn't feel right like the other rF2 cars. rF2 is certainly doing something right, pretty sure they are taking the forces directly from the steering column/rack with rF2 and most cars feel really good in the wheel.

But still yes some cars, the two mentioned suffer from this feeling they are rotating from a pole and the lack of rear and low speed grip/feel is as said weird as hell.

4. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
  5. FONismo

FONismo Registered

It just needs some friction still to remain IMO rather than just dropping as suddenly as it does. And if they can't maintain that friction due to limitations then make it more progressive and not so sudden and limp. The comments regarding sound cues also could help alot i think, better scrubbing and skidding and not just one sound fits all. You need to be be able to hear the difference between the two.

atm i can only rely on visual cues and memory, no feel.

6. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Yep, the vette is the worst offender for pendulum effect, so given that we notice it, how is it others don't or are overlooking it....?

7. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

What will online racing prove in regards to the Marussia?
    Btw, famous rf2 lover Spinelli also highly rates GSC......me, I prefer GSC over netkar, but can't be sure which is more realistic, but the Formula Classic is brutal!!!

8. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I'm not sure, i think the majority choose to ignore flaws. Could be hardware although others with better hardware including Niels H see the same issue. I really don't know. All i know is what i feel myself in these cars and it feels plain weird

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

There just isn't enough grip in any sims. I fly around a turn at 100mph and it just spins. I don't even feel any forces on my body which is to expect as I am not even going that fast. In real life I can go 50mph around the same turn.

Duh! Clearly I am speaking mumbo jumbo. This topic is boring. Just as it is every time it comes up. 1.5G in a sim will never feel like 1.5G in a real car. Never will. Just because it doesn't "feel" like 1.5G doesn't mean it isn't.

10. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Boring to you Noel, but as a GT fan and my favoured form of sim racing, quite important to me on how a car feels. And the complete lack of detail in the cars mentioned in the FFB is a concern.

You don't have that problem then fine, no need to stay here and argue if it's boring. Clearly others do have the same feeling though, so what is the problem? Btw i have tested cars for ISI and they DO listen to feedback, so yes this is not pointless and yes they do read stuff. Whether they agree or not is another matter, we will see.

11. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Might have to start playing around with these settings in the plr. Has anyone already done so?

Vehicle Scrubbing VolMult="0.0000610352"
    Vehicle Skidding VolMult="0.0001220703"
    Vehicle Skidding FreqGrip="-0.25000"
    Vehicle Skidding FreqSpeed="0.00195"
    Vehicle Roadnoise VolSpeed="32.00000"
    Vehicle Roadnoise VolMult="0.0000050000"
    Vehicle Roadnoise FreqMin="0.80000"
    Vehicle Roadnoise FreqMult="0.00391"

12. JGraf

JGraf Registered

in your root rfactor2 folder.

Knownissues.txt
    Tire Model
    ==========
    -Contact patch load distribution model is not final, which means tire pressure does not have the full effect that it should.

13. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Poor form IMO, otherwise cars will be released with varying degrees of quality and might never be fixed.

14. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I think Tim challenged my assertion that GTR was incomplete.

15. FONismo

FONismo Registered

No i have not personally but will do so now. Whoever suggested this though could be on to something and it certainly improve things if done properly

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

End thread.

The "pendulum" effect you noobs are talking about in the corvette is the "tank slapping" effect this car seems to have had since it's release. It got better the last time the car was updated but I'm sure you "experts" already knew that. :p

17. JGraf

JGraf Registered

an example, nissan gt-r
    with minimum 17lb psi, and all tires center temps read over inflated, clearly something isn't right.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

My point is people are for ever coming into the sim industry from real cars complaining that the grip levels are way too low when really it is that they are used to "feeling" the grip. Then you end up with thread with one person insulting another back and forth for months. People saying stuff like, "I race in real life and I can assure you cars have more grip" when they are actually going the exact same speeds in the same turns.

I haven't noticed a lack of detail in the rF2 FFB unless my frame rate is really bad or unstable. It is as if there is a lag somewhere and out of nowhere it snaps. When I loaded 218 I did a fresh reload and like an idiot I didn't put my old PLR file aside. After that my frame rate became very unstable. I still haven't managed to get that fully connected feel back that I had before reloading. It really is time for me to make the switch back to Nvidia. This HD5770 needs to be retired. :)

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Sim Racers are just failed Real Life Racers, they have to find something to moan about...and it's never their own driving!

20. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Ok and i agree btw there is no need for childish rants and behaviour, really there isn't . And yes you do hear it so much regarding grip and real life. It's a shame i think that threads always seem to end in name calling but that's life, i think the majority in here keep it civil and mature. Couple of bad apples, that's all.

FPS does certainly effect rF2. But i run a GTX690 and average around 150fps, this is not an issue my end. It really is only the slow stuff for me where i notice that lack of detail in these cars.