rF2 Build 218, Internals Plugin v5, Dev Mode 218 released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 20, 2013.

1. Copef1

Copef1 Registered

I did a complete reinstall. Everything seems to work fine, except the ISI Formula Masters, and the Lola T280 from PIXSIM. The ISI Formula Masters says "Not Installable unknown base cmp for Malaysia MillsMetro , and Portugal versions 1.2". The Lola T289 mod says, "Missing virtual cmp Belgium, and Brianza v1.0, and MonteCarlo v1.2".

2. Max

Max Registered

I installed .218 core over my .198 build, deleting my .plr file and firing up .218. Acceptable? Also verification fails all over the place though the updater says I am current/ Acceptable? Good to go? Seems like it. Anyone else do it this way?

3. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

I did the uninstall everything routine (removed the packages folder first), then installed a new lite 218build, after installing the "mods" in the packages folder it all fired up ok.
    Though I'm also getting verification failed messages after running the verifier. Not sure what the story is with that??

4. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I did the same, but I didn't deleted my .plr file or anything. Simply installed the core package over my 198 install.

I had no issues doing so, except I noticed the transparent trainer wasn't showing up anymore. After reading up this thread, and seeing your post, I verified my install, and it said that it failed as well.

So I renamed my folder, and install a fresh 218 core. Straight after installing, without installing any mods or anything, I verified again, and it still failed.

I'm in the process of re-installing my cars/tracks, will see if the trainer is back or still missing, and post my finding.

5. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

@ mschreiner

I have same issue I cant even see the image of what series im select i see them flash kwickly but then there gone
    and theres a download option at the bottom of screen ?

All i did to get the mod to work that I want is remove every other RFM file out the rfm folder in dev mode appart from the one I want to load.... still cant see it but it loads and i can select the car ......... hope that helps you

Its like its only reading 1 RFM

6. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

- Added PLR file option “Start Engine” for whether you want it automatically started

Yeah!!!

7. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

my previous post in reply to this :0

8. pleclair

pleclair Registered

The transparent trainer is gone. Something's odd... it says it is recording lap, then if I beat it, it says a new fast lap.. bla bla bla, but I don't see no trainers on track. Visually, and it is even missing from the pilot's list. Where as before, it would appears with the AI and me.

This is such a useful feature! Please, try to fix it in the upcoming update!

9. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I don't seem to have transparent trainer either. It was my most used feature.

10. Rik

Rik Registered

same here

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

omg, I just deleted my package folder completely when I wanted to do a fresh install :eek:

Now I'm downloading like grazy :D Not a good start for this day :s

Thanks for the update!

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Can not auto-update. I`m pressing Query - it finds "build 218", I`m pressing Download - rFactor Launcher hangs, "not responding".

13. Thor

Thor Registered

Where do I find this option?

14. pemigris

pemigris Registered

Auto updater hangs on my computer too. It does something (process activity) but no result shown.

15. DocJones

DocJones Registered

A PLR file option? Probably in the player.plr...

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

can anyone confirm if spray is still turned off when special effects are off?
    this was a "cheat" when spray was added in the previous build and was IMO a major pressing issue to be fixed.

17. Jeepy

Jeepy Registered

It is in the player.plr, but you have to start the game once for the option to appear.

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

There is a option to get a missing component now if you don't have everything a vmod requires :eek: Didn't work though on this one server I tried it put the option is still there. Can anyone confirm that this is working if set up proberly?

19. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Multiview improvements. You made my day ISI! Thanks!!

20. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Global improvements I don't see. Question: through how many months or years it will be possible to see real improvement of graphics as a whole?