sunday bloody sunday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elbo, May 19, 2013.

1. elbo

elbo Registered

Oh vmods why do you ruin every chance I have to play pickup games...where does one download nurburgring v. 0.5, for that matter where does one download a myriad of other old version tracks (that i have no intention of ever playing but that must none the less reside on my drive) so I can join the williams F2 server running croft...the track and mod I want to play...vmods you sucketh so...rfactor 2 thanks for making root canal surgery appear so relatively painless in comparison to trying to play a quick pick up game with your oh so wonderful vmod system.

I tried this time I really did, search through forums at ISI, Racedepartment, nogrip, driving italia...the two hours I had to play got whittled down to one trying to meet the requirements of the vmod on the server I wanted to join.

I'm a good christian, I don't usually swear alot, but ISI you and your dumb ass system have broken me down.

Off to play single player again...

2. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Cant blame ISI for what people host on there servers. Do some research, doesnt take long to find stuff. Sometimes the content on servers are private, ISI also to blame for that?

3. Tony

Tony Registered

From the heart & beautifully written, & made me laugh anyway :D

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Okay...what strange servers are you trying to join!? I never have this problem... and IF I do, I'll not bother joining it because I don't want old version tracks anyway. There's many servers with only a few up-to-date tracks needed out there. It's only the IsR servers (very good and popular though) that you'll need to download some strange fantasy tracks for, that can be found only at their website... But otherwise there's no problem.

As Magzire says, you can't blame anyone else than the server host for including old or/and too many tracks in the trackrotation.

5. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

lol I agree

its only easy to join my groups servers as we know whats on it ...and have it

I see all the servers up and can join maybe 5 percent and i got heaps of tracks/cars

6. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I agree. I never include unneeded tracks in my server vmods but is a pain so I don't blame other admins who don't. System is retarded. Period.

7. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

I hate the vmod concept and tying cars to tracks. All I want is to download tracks and mods to run anywhere at anytime. At the moment I have double-ups on tracks because they are tied to various mods. I don't want double-ups taking up drive space.

Apart from the whine, rF2 is coming along very nicely now.

8. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Not being a smartarse here but is it not possible to run all cars and tracks on a server, do they have to have specific mods with alloted tracks?
    My league will eventually switch over to RF2 but we would like to know all the intricacies involved with doing it.

9. Nibo

Nibo Registered

No, its not possible to run all cars and tracks on a server. Every car and track that is included in server configuration (.vmod) must be present on server and client.

10. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

I raced one an ISR server yesterday and it required me to download an older version of some track. It kind of sucks that these servers keep on using old content. It's even worse if they use obscure tracks which can only be found in the deep, dark trenches of the internet.

11. MJP

MJP Registered

Have you checked their forums, they have a section for their servers and the vmods. They also list the tracks required with links to download. I think the admins do a pretty good job and I usually find myself racing there quite a bit.

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Spend some time here http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7103-Download-All-locations-(torrent)
    if you dont want to search one by one and you will have everything.
    If you update this torrent say once a month you will always be ok.

13. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yeah rf1 was much better, on 5% of the servers we would not get mismatches :p

Its the same story really, but reversed. not much has changed. people still not able to race certain servers, but now before they enter as apposed to finding out on the server and having to leave anyways.

i'm not advocating the system btw, or slaying it down. I have my concerns as well, mainly as server admin for a league, its going to require some good creative thinking to get everything optimized in terms of how we set things up and how easy people can join.

And I suspect in the future more server admins will give this all a good brain-session. otherwise their servers remain empty perhaps. community-push and all. we might be better off if we could get something in the wiki for this, a quick tut. on how to setup a server, what the pitfalls are, what not to do, etc.

It would help if all ISI content, mods and tracks, would simply be available online, no vmods nothing, just host and join if server is set to ISI stuff. or even a default isi-vmod that comes with the sim. that would certainly help the pickup racing allot.

14. Nuno P

Nuno P Registered

i feel your pain elbo, i had the same problem a few days ago after reinstalling the game.
    @Magzire, but we can blame isi for the dumb idea of vmods