Quick dev update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 7, 2013.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Funny I originally thought you meant how AI "pumps" the throttle and brake. I hate that. Is that the way it is supposed to be? Please say no and that ISI is going to fix that.

Regarding your question, I don't know but definitely hope so!

2. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

LOL and I agree with this entire post, accept the avatar part :p. Only because I had to turn avatars off. Thanks Nand Gate :p

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

A specific car to be rate according to its behavior whether it is logical, makes sense or not is impossible in a sim. You can't judge specific values by feeling only, without the correct telemetry data to match.
    The only thing possible is to compare the feeling with principles of vehicle dynamics in generall when you say it makes sense but you can't know if the behaviour of a specific car makes sense because you don't know if it is right. The definition in detail is only possible with data-matching. Even a judgment from a driver who knows a specific car well, is subjective when the result is just based on feeling.

Imho, If the feeling on the steering wheel speaks again the principles of steering behaviour then there is no need to go further and this is with the most vehicles so far. And that is the most important point when it comes to simulation and mimic a car before realism can be assessed. Not to mention, sense :)

4. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

They are all fair points... to me it's just a matter of the approach for the way each person is playing.

For me, Isi and the mod teams do their best to "sim" the cars and "sim" the tracks, and from there I can simulate the conditions of X car on Y track.

For you, (correct me if I'm wrong here), you are looking to "sim" real events and therefore that dictates the criteria of X car on Y track.

Lol... the first thing I did was run a multi class event on the old Spa... I love the old long courses like Spa and Nordschleife. There is something special about racing at those Iconic locations and the modern courses have been dulled by safety concerns... I'm doing a season of F12012 and it is a good "sim" of the season but there is something... I'm not sure how to describe it... more Visceral about racing with no barriers, fences and houses at the side of road, with laptimes pushing 4-8 minutes... certainly a personal opinion... but there is something special about the old Courses that is rare to find today.

It's very cool to be able to "sim" it with any Car... The guys who actually did it ... Large T's or N*ts if you will... lol

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

a little over 10 days left of the month, probably looking more forward to this announcement than the currently downloading Build 218 :p

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

On a probably totally unrelated note, Indy 500 this weekend :D

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

...and Tim went there...LAST YEAR :eek:

8. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I'm going!

9. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Wow, this weekend will be awesome :D
    - F1 @ Monaco
    - Indy 500
    - Kknorpp001 not posting new topics with very little use/info/etc :p (yeah I know, I don't have to read it..... ;) )