Quick dev update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 7, 2013.

1. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Regarding rf2 yes.
    But I have no meaningful complaints regarding most of RACE07's cars for example, in fact I took the F3000 around Bahrain, and WOW, what a killer machine that is compared to awful F3.5.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

F3000 is very fun in race 07, I'm a proud owner of Race 07 and just about every expansion it had. Infact the F3000 is one of my favorite cars in that game. However, the F3000 cannot compare to the RF2 cars, no way in hell. It's awesome fun, good controllability, fun but still realistic physics, but it is not even close to any open wheeler in RF2. You can just feel that the open wheelers in RF2 (or any car in RF2) are just on a completely different level with the complexities and the deepness of it's physics modelling. Way more is going on with these cars, way more different actions and reactions are happening with the car based on what is happening with the car (driver inputs, suspension, tyres, lean, pitch, etc etc), physics are on another level. Even though the Race 07 F3000 is super fun while still feeling simmish, has good controllability, and just in general has some very good attributes, it still feels basic and dumbed down compared to RF2 in it's overal handling dynamics.

In my opinion that is.

3. Minibull

Minibull Member

It's painful how obvious your trolling is bud...;)

Oh wait, this could be meaningful discussion....hmmmmm

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

Nice to read and experience people are loving each other. :p

Why is that ? Why isn't this happen by default ? Why people should need to search for the right feeling to be ensure, to experience rF2 as it should be, while it simulates any car ? What if it is impossible for someone ? Isn't that somewhat wrong to leave this to the user ?

It is not about filtering, it is about balancing forces right out of the engine without to need filtering overall effects or forces. It is just the wrong way imho. :)

Yes taking into account the circumstances, this could be usefull. ;)

5. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Actually, from my POV{G27} it far surpasses EVERY modern ower in rf2, but both the 60F2/60F3 are excellent.
    Whether exaggerated or not, the F3000 exhibits some of the greatest range of car behaviour of any sim car I've ever driven.

6. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Why would I troll against the modern ower cars in rf2....?

7. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

I'm not saying the FFB is bad, at least not in my opinion. I've driven rF2 on a Fanatec GT3 and a logitech DFGT, and even on the DFGT it feels absolutely superb, just weak. I'm wondering if that's because of the wheel (probably,) or the sim. Check out this video. This guy is contending with bumps all over this track, no length of this track is smooth. I want to see that. I ran some laps around Portugal last night (first time,) and it was really neat, but not like in the video. I'm hoping a CSW will change that, at least a little.

8. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Race07 is far away from a real sim. You just want something you simply "like". To even hear race07 compared to something like rf2 is really silly...

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

I understand you want like to feel the aggressiveness and impulsivity. Me too. You say weak not bad and i say also not it is bad, only damaged or bad balanced, at least in connection with one of the best selling wheels (G27). It will not be possible to 100% to simulate the reality with these toys, at least in regards to the forces but it should be approximately. However, I have the impression the tyre physics are not ready to go and has some gaps, as for example i don't feel a slip angle and the lateral acc. The transitions of friction are overall unclear and the result is a spongy feeling imho, at least so far I can rate it ( just feeling based ). :)

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Those wanting the real life power and torque and wheel wrestling in sims. You need a powerful wheel, like industrial strength. Of course you can jus max out the control panel and in-game power of your DFGT, GT3RS, G25/G27 wheel, but that will just make EVERYTHING much too heavy, completely different to real life. Plus all your forces will be massively clipped so you will be feeling much less. Plus the torque, power, acceleration, top speed, and direction change rates of these wheels are much too low/slow to be able to have the wheel performing like real life.

Having said all that, I have seen a decent amount of "wheel jostling/wrestling" in some GT3RS/CSR and G25/G27 videos.

Really though, you need the power and range of forces (subtle to massively powerful) in order to do this properly. The sim, and the way it does ffb obviously has a massive effect on this, plus I'm sure the goddamn f'n asshole company "Immersion" having a monopoly on all ffb games/software/hardware doesn't help this. All games/wheels/software are forced to having to use only Immersion's suite of ffb effects because of their monopoly of the FFB industry.

FU Immersion! Not sure why more people don't talk about this, and make a bigger deal about it, or figure out their own "private" FFB systems.

I once heard about someone using a buil for arcades "Happ" wheel. They said it had completely custom, non-Immersion FFB. I wonder how all this ties into windows and the game when they are only built for Immersion..... I wonder if we can get more info on this Immersion crap.

11. Panigale

Panigale Banned

I have a T500 F1 (will eventually get the CSW, waiting for v2) and depending on car settings and track in use, the wheel moves very aggressively over bumps. I'll try to do a video at some point, most vids I see the FFB is turned too low. Each to their own, I'm just aiming to get as close as what my street car feels like at a track day. For the money it is very good wheel and rF2 uses the T500 for everything it is worth.

For 1.4x GT-R, soften front and rear springs a click
    FFB Multi 1.22 (1.24 might be better but liking 1.22 right now)
    T500 profile - 100/100/95/92 overall 100 :D

12. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

Yeah, if you feel like making a movie, I'd enjoy watching it, thanks man. Before my GT3RSV2 broke, I was using 2.0 for most cars in rF2, and it felt pretty good, much better than the DFGT. I didn't want to go any higher than that because sometimes my GT3 would overheat and I'd loose FFB until it cooled. I eventually broke the shaft of the GT3. I got hit (by a teammate...) and lost the back end. I corrected, hit full lock, and heard a loud snap! :( Hopefully the CSW will be strong enough...
    CSW will arrive Wednesday. I'm as happy as a dog with 2 peters!

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2013
  13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

yup pretty sad actually.
    aren't the spring damper etc settings supposed to be at 0% so that the sim takes care of that stuff? I know with Logitech that's pretty much been the standard thing in simracing for the last 8 or so years.....

14. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

T500RS
    Overall Force between 60 and 75
    Constant 100
    Periodic 100
    Spring 0
    Damper 0
    By the Game Checked

This is what I mainly found from all forums I checked for all Sims I know (that's allow Spring and Damper to be managed by game devs), and this is what I enjoy the most as settings ;)

15. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Spring and Damper at 0% is the better choice in most cases, I need to turn that back down. I go back and forth with it depending on the car. Turn in is more consistent with some spring and damper set. That said some of the open wheelers felt odd at 0/0. Probably better stated, start at 0 and adjust to taste from there.

16. Jello

Jello Registered

No, actually I think you should go load iracing or GSC & stay there.

+1

+1 again.

For those with a G25/27, I tried this setup which was for RRRE.
    http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/logitech-wheel-setup.63918/

But this setup actually gave too much feel, wheel shake, etc..so I toned it down & it feels quite balanced now. Try this for a basis & work from there maybe. It took me a few goes to it to feel somewhat realistic, without being too heavy.

17. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Tim, I've been away from the forums so sorry to dredge up something from 8 pages back...

A few posts below coops' someone added:

5. sli

Does sli improvement require action on the part of Nvidia or is it just something ISI chips away at on its own? I keep thinking that if it is the former then there will be a quantum boost once that happens. Could that not be done sooner (now :) ) to give us a kick in performance and then also later when development is more "finalized"?

18. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

So heavier FFB constitutes a real sim to you...?
    The modern ower cars are all crap with my G27, not so with RACE07 F3000.

19. Minibull

Minibull Member

Heavier? Is that all you are able to get out of the FFB in rF2? It is a night and day difference, I'm sure anybody can feel the difference provided they have actually set their wheel up. I run a G25 btw...
    Went back to GTR Evo, it feels mostly flat in feeling. Canned effects for the curbs, engines, etc. Good fun still.

20. tjc

tjc Registered

ower?

:confused: