Quick dev update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 7, 2013.

1. Magux

Magux Registered

Great to see progress in the development, but I'd rather see updates on the game engine, instead of content. For me this looks like quantity over quality. This is just personal!

2. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

IF Tim would post some about core update people whine about add-on, if Tim post some about add-on content people whine about core.

Thanks for the updates.

3. DeM

DeM Registered

I can see that the Modder will make extra Tracks, when i watched many years ago BTCC had many cars. Tim should not wear his Sleeve with his Heart, most people here want all the best for rfactor 2

4. Miro

Miro Registered

Marc can't leave man, after all this sim is called rMarc2! ;)

5. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

It was mentioned many times, different people are working on content and different people are working on game engine, it's not related. If ISI doesn't work on new content, we would be in the same place with game engine.

6. Magux

Magux Registered

Agree, but I'd like to see a solid platform for content first.

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Tim, a lot of persons enjoy those kind of communications even if it's a "Quick Dev Update" like you said. I prefer to read some persons whining and shooting because they are not happy about what you said than all the community saying you lack of communicate.

In other words: I appreciate this and feel I'm not the only one ;) so please continue communicating with us! :)

8. Kiro

Kiro Registered

It's back to Beta again?
    I thought I read where they don't consider it beta anymore.
    But I do.

9. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Tim, thanks for taking the time to give us that update - and the Silverstone teaser :cool: Appreciate it.

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Not a teaser. It's just the only part of the course without graphics glitches. Kidding!

11. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

Excuse me for saying this, but I think it doesn't really matter whether you feel positive (or get positive responses) about it or not. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that your job here was to inform people on progress? I think a lot of people just want a short statement about the developments during a week. Doesn't have to be positive, just informative. You also don't need to respond to comments about the statements (although I certainly appreciate it). Just like a RSS feed. One way communication on developments. I don't mean to offend you in any way, but that is how I feel about it.
    Just ignore the bad posts. They will always be there. No matter how good the news. This is the internet. Haters gonna hate. Please don't focus on them and don't let them keep you from informing people who actually appreciate these updates (positive or negative).

12. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Agreed. I'd really appreciate more regular information on the development of this game. There is nothing worse than feeling left in the dark and not knowing what is happening behind the scenes.

13. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I would hate to be in a place where people tell you how you should be doing your own job. This would suck don't you think?

Thanks for the update.

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1 totally

15. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

It's not about anyone telling Tim how to do his job though, is it? It's about two-way communication between the customer and the service provider. We've all paid for this product so it's only natural that people have opinions on its development.

There's no need for anyone at ISI to take any criticism personally. Constructive criticism is a good thing.

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

As I've said before, there's really not been many new features TO US during development. The ones which were, they had to be done before other work to save time later. The guys do know what they are doing. I had this discussion when we reactivated rain spray, it's not a new feature, it's part of the rain effects you already had! It's going to be tweaked until we feel we can let it go for a while, and that's all. No new feature came in, taking time there... Rain effects needed to be done, too. And as usual, it's not like the whole team stops what they're doing to work on that one thing. :)

Yup, me too. And I don't like walking around in it, either. Which makes communication one of those things I need to do for the group of people who react normally, while accepting those who don't.

17. 88mphTim

1. I don't know, but I know it is an active item
    2. There's been a couple of recent tweaks. IMHO needs an overhaul later on, so is a bit lower priority. Some camera tweaks in next build actually fixed some sound issues.
    3. 1.4 versions of cars actually implemented some damage dependencies, but only when used with build 164 or later. So this is active.
    4. Bit lower priority, and I haven't heard of much recently.

18. 88mphTim

1. :)
    2. :)
    3. No comment. :) But should be very interesting to drive.

19. 88mphTim

Nothing except it's still in-progress. Probably has been affected by the BTCC car being focus at it's stage of development for a bit. Some guys can do everything, some can't, so cars go back and forth sometimes.

20. 88mphTim

They do, and we will be trying to get more cars from any series we simulate. However, not always possible, and having an example from a series is very important. Also, when you consider that league racers usually want the same equal equipment, having a single example is perfect. They just stick their own skin on it, and go racing.