Quick dev update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 7, 2013.

1. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Wow - I thought that Silverstone screenshot was real. Cannot wait for the real thing (in rF2).

2. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Lol.. you were not much generous in the Silverstone teaser picture. Textures look awesome whatsoever.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Can you expand on the goalposts? I'm not aware of that movement. It wouldn't have a timeline either way, although I could understand some of this kind of talk from June onwards.

4. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

It's got me eager for more screenies, so it has done its job as a teaser pic.

5. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

It (the second part from me) wasn't directed to you (ISI), because i knew that before. But nonetheless Thanks. :)
    It was more directed to the guys who said "stop making content and concentrate on the core...".

6. 88mphTim

I am quite generous. ;)

7. Mauricio Leiva

Mauricio Leiva Registered

this answer leaves me disappointed...
    ISI goals must be make a solid sim... by your words... i can understand that isi have more artists and less people working in the core of the sim....
    i know about the idea of develop the core for years... but, we need a solid base... i paid for it one year ago... i don't have right of know what is the real progress???

8. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

eeehmmm... and what car and track?
    eheh.. i'm so naive =)

9. Niko

Niko Registered

+1
    and triple screen. For me it's just the improvement i am waiting for. But it's really playable now!
    (unfortunatly update of Megane it's not the next one)

10. 88mphTim

No, those are not my words. You're reading something which is NOT in MY words.

11. ThoKa

ThoKa Guest

Thanks for the update Tim. Much appreciated :) Can't wait to burn some rubber @ Silverstone

12. Mauricio Leiva

i don't want to be disrespectful, not my intention and sorry if I have been so.
    but, like many people here, i don't see progress in important things... that's all...

13. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Thanks for the info.Rfactor2 is even now fantastic and it´s getting better and better.

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It is time ti improve the replay quality and implement the triple screen replays!
    The thing that makes me sad about replays that there is a noticeable downgrade of the graphics quality and it should be the opposite!

15. 88mphTim

You weren't, it's fine and unfortunately what I expect. It seems the natural thing when the communication we are asked by the community to make happens, is to talk about what the text doesn't say or mention, rather than what it does. :) That's a really frustrating thing to deal with, but like I said, I expect it.

16. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Nice screen of Silverstone there, looking good and thanks for the update Tim. 1 cheeky question though, is the car to be announced a tin top? :D

17. 88mphTim

Well considering this seems to be the first question related to the actual OP content, I'll give you an answer... No, that car does not have a roof.

18. Mauricio Leiva

a time ago... i read in facebook page about some classic f1 cars... (from 70's)
    tim, what you can says about it?

19. baked bean

baked bean Registered

thanks for the answer :)

20. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I know the team has been reluctant to commit to a release date (for good reason) but from the outside, rF2 seems to be suffering from feature creep. Right or wrong, I think most people expected an initial v1.0 release by this point and I think that's what causes a lot of the frustration in the community.

You really are, and I hate the instant dog-pile that always forms when you graciously share new information with us. :(