OcioKart Project

Discussion in 'Locations' started by SPASKIS, Apr 29, 2013.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

After so many pcitures, here is an ingame video of the actual state of the project.
    My plan is to release it right after ISI releases announced karting content which is being tested atm.
    I would like people to try it with an official mod rather than with e_kart. I hope you like it..

chisco85 likes this.
  2. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

thanks for that movie Spaskis, and great to hear we we'll have a track right away with the ISI karts. Thinking about it, ISI released a sneak peak of some side-project, believed to may be a kart track. Together with this that would be enough for lots of kart fun:) When checking your reference pics of the real place and comparing, the surroundings maybe seem little to bright and grey? I'm mostly talking about the soil, not the trees, which i saw you planted and make it much more emersive.

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

5. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Looking good Spaskis, you have my thumbs up:)

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

There is one change that would make the most difference in terms of realism and immersion--replace the gravel that now looks like a computer generated pattern with something that does not. This will be a great addition to whatever kart stuff ISI gives us!

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I am doing some trials for this and hopefully I will get a nice result. The textures I am using for it are real pictures of the real gravel from which I obtain norm and spec maps. I am having a bit more trouble with mult map which I do not get from the tool I am using.

I think in this picture you can appreciate some improvement. I cannot upload it since I am on the smartphone.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6e1zc1mqgo54nz/Captura de pantalla 2013-12-04 01.58.50.png

enviado mediante tapatalk

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yep, that looks better, but I think the major issue is that the entire gravel area is one giant monotonous texture. Normally there would be irregularity in real gravel, and usually from the side of the track inward. The gravel near the edge of the track doesn't look exactly the same as the gravel right beside the tire barriers in between sections of track, etc. So no matter how awesome the actual texture is, it still looks artificial. Same thing happens if the tarmac is applied 100% consistently across a track surface. It makes it look like a 1980's video game. I have no idea how complicated it is to improve this by adding gradients and irregularities? I only know when you see it in a finished track, it makes a huge difference. If you can reverse engineer things, look at the pavement in Mores from ISI. How do they get all the different surfaces to interlay and look so good?

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think i can figure out some sort of solution for that. Hopefully i will be able to release the first version before the end of the year

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

We're all looking forward to it! The improvements you've made to your other tracks are great and most welcome. It can only get better as you gain experience :)

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Find attached a video with some improvements

chisco85 likes this.
  12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Find attached a video with isi karts

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  15. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Thanks Spaskis!

16. Maug

Maug Registered

Thanks, looks pretty good.

17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

18. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Spaskis, it looks like a very good track - any chance to get a rfcmp file instead of rfmod?

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Next version will be a rfcmp component. I first tried yesterday with isi karts and I have to say that the track is not ready for this kart. Very important things IMO to change to adapt it are:

- solve the "hole" bug at the pit entry. Probably a gmt without HattTarget=t rue.
    -make the gravel more driveable. The likelihood of going offroad are very high compared to reality. In real track if you get in the gravel you need to get out of the track and push. No way to get out of there! However this is a game and I will put some more grip or something to get out easier.
    - make the tires a bit moveable. They are too stiff.

20. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Interesting :)