Import GMT2 v2 for 3ds MAX

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Mario Morais, Apr 27, 2013.

1. alejandro

alejandro Registered

Mario Ehy good job
    thanks

2. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

3. BDibble342

BDibble342 Registered

Mario
    I'm interested in your Trackmaker scripts, are they available for 3DSMax13 or 14?

4. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

The MAX Versions tested are: 2010,2011 and 2012. I don't know if have problems in 2013 and 2014.

Send to my email (mmoraisdois@gmail.com) for test version.

5. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

6. dreamer27

dreamer27 Registered

I want to share my bad experience with this script...

I made a donation for the trackmacer and other script and I've installed it on my pc. After some days I had to change my motherboard (it was an H67 chipset one, with the sata controller failure) and the machine ID obviously changed. So I contacted Mario for the new activation...surprise! I have to make another donation to have the script again working!!
    Honestly I haven't had such a bad experience after donate money to someone that develop script/tools for a game.

This was his reply:
    try to understand.
    Donations are not sales. Is for continue to develop to reach final product.
    Others donators understand and do another donation.

This is not a fair behaviour with a person that trusted you and support you. This is my opinion.
    I'm sorry, but I had to post this on the forum so all know what happen when you trust someone that doesn't deserve it.

Cheers.

7. Alesi

Alesi Registered

so pity to hear that, but it was obvious... this man call it donation but in real he just selling his scripts on OFFICIAL ISI site (at least making an advertise of his scrips).
    ps every one has rights to get money for their job. but not at that way (calling it just donation) and not on official isi site

8. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

The encryption and disabling of this script is a bit of a piss take anyway!
    "I decided to share my script" should say "I decided to edit someone elses stuff and get money for it too!" To get someone to pay twice goes beyond taking the piss!
    Do the original authors get some sort of royalty? Is it OK if I edit this script, lock it and "gift" it to people who "donate" money to me?
    Bad show Mario!

9. Alesi

Alesi Registered

+100500 totally agree

10. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

@Major_Parts Is not like that. if my script is same as the old why want to use mine?

@dreamer27 You can write what you want but "when you trust someone that doesn't deserve it. " is unfair. I remenber you after you install my scripts i gave immediate help when you have problems.

11. gpfan

gpfan Registered

+1

12. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

Who said I wanted to use your script? I asked if I could edit it and give it out to people who donated money to me.
    I wonder how much free stuff you have downloaded for rfactor 1 & 2 and have yet to download? mods that take months, even years to produce! The original script and the additions made by Peter Holt made mods that bit easier to produce and they probably looked at it as "giving something back".
    If you had made a script from scratch, that imported rf2 GMT's, then I'd want to use it as I have lost some work with corrupt max files, but I still wouldn't want to pay for it, especially twice!!
    You tell dreamer27 "Donations are not sales. Is for continue to develop to reach final product"...that sounds like sales to me!...The poor guy changes his hardware and that nullifies his "donation"? Very clever Mario! If it were a "sale", you would be required to provide a new activation, just like ISI do when people have to reactivate the products they have "sold" them.
    ISI....lesson for you here....stop "selling" rf2 and go down the "donation" route cos you can blag more money off people when they have to reactivate it!

Anyway, like Lord Pants said, I'm not going to try changing your mind about selling it, but if somebody was kind enough to give you money, you should at least look after them!

13. dreamer27

dreamer27 Registered

Thanks for the present man =)

14. Bink

Bink Registered

For some, maybe it's good enough that he supports his sister's kid, and his grandma.

Not good enough for us, though!

None of us here on the rFactor Ethical Purity Committee endorse or use products from anyone who has any questionable ethical practices!

So you won't be seeing Mario's Logo next to any of the bank, fast-food, caffeine-slime-drink, chemical, military, and oil company logos that are on every single one of our car and track mods.

It would be unethical.

Some are saying that his first name might not really be "Mario"....

..I don't like the way he always makes an effort to solve our questions, 24/7, even when we have never been customers. He must be making a fortune! Why do so many more people read his posts than ours? The numbers are embarrassing....

...and sometimes, the software he writes or modifies doesn't operate as expected...

..which is curiously... just like all of our other software..... and every OS... This means he might be part of some conspiracy. Same with Newey and Vettle. Especially Newey. Possible alien.

We shouldn't let reality get in the way of a good bashing though.

It's not our fault that his government wrecked their economy... that would never happen here.

Basically, he hasn't done hardly anything, so with our crack code team here at the rFEPC, we can knock out a free version of the same thing by.... sometime ... next year... maybe... you know.. if we really wanted to.

15. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

bink!! definitely have a sense of humor!:D "The wisest things are said with humor" -- Mário (stig) Morais :)

16. Bink

Bink Registered

Like that? That was rev 2.0. .. rev1 was a pictorial, and not suitable for all audiences. Even the title.

17. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

I have a question for you MM, if I improve your script is there going to be a problem if I release it?

18. Bink

Bink Registered

Perhaps I can help... What languages do you normally write in?

19. dradecki

dradecki Registered

When I imported some objects today they were a fraction of the size. Is there a setting I need to do to import the proper dimensions?

20. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Set 3ds MAX units 1 unit --> 1 meter