Pukekohe2013

Discussion in 'Locations' started by R1CHO, Apr 25, 2013.

1. coops

coops Banned

is this a convert or a scratch build ? either way its been done very nice and enjoy driving on it.

2. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

It was a scratch build
    Richo is getting very good at this

SS

3. coops

coops Banned

IMHO by the way the loading screen looks like crap.

4. renard

renard Registered

Don't mince words mate! lol. At first I though my graphics card had freaked out but after the first time I was ready for it. And I must say it's worth sitting through, this is a great little track, the first lap I did was a bit of a surprise as I've never driven the chicane version before. Great fun in the Megane. :)

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

firstly it's a great track, modeled very good and layout great. any plans for an update? mainly the aiw could do with some work on most sections of the track, also I don't believe there's a curb at the edge of the final turn into the main straight, pretty sure it's just added tarmac....Will check YouTube later.

6. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

rofl late night playing hahaha

thanks for the compliments guys there will be update/s still getting my head around things as I learn but time has been taken up by another few "fun" projects ... nothing special but enjoyable :0

theres a scratch built Calder in its early days at xfactorracing.com .... but nothing special just a track :p

7. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

ohh and thx for the heads up on the curb

8. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yeah need some chicks like Ash's British GP LOL

9. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yeah and I don't know if possible to fix but AI seem to brake too late into chicane. They make it of course but seems supernatural.

10. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

was built In bobs for rf1 and edited in simed for rf2

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

no problem, and confirmed on the curb, see 32 seconds in. Also notice the flat curb for the first part of the new chicane right at the start of the video (cant remember if you have raised curbs there or not)

12. coops

coops Banned

its just a bit on the eyes LOL

13. coops

coops Banned

look frwd to ur next track

14. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

thanks for that the new chicane curbing i thought had the raised curb its hard to tell in that vid but it definitely didn't look like the lower section of the curb was quite as wide as the left hander

they still get the same amount of lift hitting the curb so I think it is there also turns 2 3 4 raised curb t2 (left flat t 3 (right) and not sure on the inside coming onto the back straight turn 4 looks wide and could be raised

also the walls will be coming much closer :) and the AI fixes in saying that the terrain is a bit ruff on the outside of the track so I plan on redoing that too..

the camber is also very noticeable in T6 when was that published as I built the track the following week ;P

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013
  15. Twista

Twista Registered

Are you planning to bump the poly count on the track surface? It seems very low.

16. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

If thats only done in max then not in the short term as I have only spent literally an hour in the program with no understanding.... but thats how I started with everything and really only learn from laymen s terms .. its a big gulp but do want to learn

all I do know is with all my surfaces recently I can only have positive values on the mult, spec and first marbles layer or else they just aren't fine enough .. I think what I'm doing is just blurring them out? and On some angles the glare on the road is way to White...

But At Some Point I'm gonna have to start learning Max I look at WHAT21A track and just drool lol

how I create my surface .. in bobs i have the Road light track texture Unzipped so I can edit the textures i grab a surface from Our good friend ISI.. edit It and save it as one of the textures in the unzipped xpack them add the bump and spec also I then in bobs fiddle with the texture on the track until up close the tiny pixels are square .. export it out to rf1 then import it into 3d simed and edit to suit .. in the early days i could put negative values in the secondary textures like ISI tracks are but now as I said above some have to be positive or else they look crap

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013
  17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'll have to drive your track again, once I deem the AI unraceable (at any track) I generally put the track away until an update comes out. As much fun as this layout is I just get bored driving round on my own :p

yeah you worked quickly so no harm with that and thank you for your time and release, as before overall it's a great track you've created with just a few touch up areas to do but as you're learning then that's all part of the process.
    I'll be glad to help beta test if you want to try things out before a public release though, just PM me, I know Aussie tracks better than UK ones having watched every V8 race since 2005ish :p

18. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

hey guys Doing a few changes mainly to the road surface reflections grass and gravel textures and a couple more changes to do With the AI man that safety car on a warm up lap ... where is it lol I'll get a version up so i can then rebuild the track and terrain. uggghhh from scratch
    heres a pic
    View attachment 8846

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

nice, have to try wet weather sometime, just afraid how my hardware handels it.

20. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Thank you for this track and I love it. Problem is aliasing is unbearable with all the trackside banners. Possible to remove those in lower circuit detail setting?