Updated Historics 1.4 versions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Apr 23, 2013.

1. whitmore

whitmore Registered

All links to update files return page not found. ??

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Just tried clicking on 4 of the updated 60`s links to check and they all came up with a download for me...

3. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Thanks must have been an overnight glitch

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Your welcome. :)

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Finally got around to trying these out proper, took the (easy) F3s to Hidden Valley with a chance of rain, some things I noticed:

- Tires much better looking although the "shine" stays on them too long, when I saw very similar cars to these at Spa last year the shine went after a lap. (I got up close and personal with them in the pits!)
    - Mirrors working hallelujah!
    - Only noticed (or maybe I forgot about this) but Flat Spots are now "feelable" through the FFB....did I imagine this?
    - Also a "vibrating/flat spot" sound can be heard.....again did I imagine that?

Overall nice work ISI, need something to get me racing again and these could be it!

6. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

I had to test it myself to be sure... it seems I've never flatspotted tires badly enough by accident to feel it.

I'm still not sure about hearing it-- I'll have to turn my tire sounds up. But you can definitely feel them; not at all your imagination.

I went out at Hidden Valley, too, just because you'd mentioned it... and I found it to be a very smooth course. So, I was running a tight setup, and not feeling much FFB while going straight--- no bumps in the road, really, to push it around.

Well, first I tried a little to flatspot the fronts... maybe 50 feet of sliding. Didn't feel anything. So, I cranked it up a bit more and slid more like 100 feet, at the end of the main straight. Woah! No denying it; it's there, and it can be serious (at least, on a CSW with 120% force). Once the tires were out-of-sync with each other, it felt like the road was covered in gravel.

With certain settings, it would certainly be possible to have a real Aryton Senna experience--- remember the race where he drove the last few laps on a badly flatspotted front tire, which destroyed the suspension just short of the finish line? He couldn't lift his arms after that race. If you had your settings up to realistic levels, I'm quite sure flatspots alone could wear you out... or finish your race for you.

7. tjc

tjc Registered

I also went and tested this for myself and flat spots are were definitely felt once I`d nailed the brakes a couple times from top speed to cause them. I seemed to feel them more when cornering as opposed to when tearing down the straight but they were definitely there.

They can be quite clearly seen and felt imo and I`m also of the opinion I could hear them too but not 100% on that yet...

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

cheers guys I'll have another play later, might lower my ffb filter setting and turn my sounds up to make them both more prominent.

Only raced at hidden valley as I know it so well and had little time to race, sure is smooth bit it was great fun in the F3 :)

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

10. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

That's not the race I was talking about... I looked, but I cannot find which one it was. It's in the movie, "Senna"... it was during the "no-tire-change" period of F1 rules, when you had to use the same tires throughout the race. Senna slid and severely flatspotted his right-front tire not too long before the end of the race... 10 laps or so. He continued, but you can imagine the shake in the wheel--- just to go straight the steering wheel, with all his strength opposing it, was swinging through 30-45 degrees with every single tire revolution. I think he made it something like seven laps that way--- but then, just short of the finish line (and as I recall, on the last lap), the suspension on the same corner as the flatspotted tire finally gave way, due to all the shaking, and he crashed gently on the last turn. When everyone ran up, in the film footage you can see and hear him tell the first of his guys to show up to just give him a minute--- he can't lift his arms.

I had to look at the other video of the race you linked to, showing the last ten laps of the race-- but I don't see anything like I'm remembering. Just not sure when the race I'm thinking of was. I believe it was in the Marlboro McLaren, though, and I think the no-tire-change rule was only in effect for two seasons or so...

Any of you dedicated F1 fans have these details at your fingertips?

11. tjc

tjc Registered

I had a look for the the Senna incident too but couldn`t find it but it reminds me of Kimi in the McLaren...

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
  12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Ah right. The video I posted is the only one I can remember from the Senna movie. He couldn't lift his arms and had to struggle to lift the winning cup, it gave me goosebumps watching it.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

still not convinced either, even with headphones I thought I could hear a difference but was'nt sure if my mind was playing tricks on me :p
    FFB is definatley there though so that ones ticked off!

14. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

It really is something how similar that video with Kimi is to the Senna incident we've been talking about.

15. vitor costa

vitor costa Registered

I have a problem with dedicated server with this historics. Downloaded the historic mods, the historic tracks and the vmod available. I can launch the dedi but it doesn`t appears in lobby. I can see this message: mod id is invalid. If I launch other mods they`re visible in lobby.

Everything is installed and it is a fresh install.

Don`t know where`s the problem. Any help appreciated. Thks.

16. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Try to create the vmod again, if the id is invalid it will not appear in the lobby.

17. vitor costa

vitor costa Registered

But I didn`t create any vmod. Just downloaded from rFactor.net

18. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Seems like the vMod that Tim posted is not registered. I'm getting the same 'Mod iD is invalid' too. I suggest you make your own.

19. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh I`ve had that message too...

20. Mauro

Mauro Registered