Updated Historics 1.4 versions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

- Eve F2 tire scrub sounds continue to sound even after exiting a turn and driving in a straight line. For a brief moment. I`m not 100% sure its a bug, but may be testers can at least recheck this.
    - RPM arrow/dial in UI widget not aligned with actual RMP of all historic open wheelers.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

After another test I too can adjust the mirrors on both the Eve`s and Spark`s but not independently of each other.

Mind you, I`m not too sure I could adjust them independently before the updates as I don`t remember trying...

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

What do you mean by "not independently"? Holding ctrl and alt at the same time?

4. argo0

argo0 Registered

There's a bunch of controls for the mirrors, one of the most important to me is the ability to adjust the left mirror with ctrl and seat position and the right mirror with alt and seat position. I mean, if in a real car you adjust the driver side mirror inward, you don't want the passenger side mirror to move outward. You want independent control of each mirror. This facility exists in rf2. Another useful one is adjusting the mirrors FOV. Also, the ability to move a centre mirrors actual position is useful.
    I just want all the mirror controls to work in all the cars. Sounds petty, this independent control thing but it really isn't. As I've said, its available in rf2. I just want it to work!

5. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh yes... I do remember trying to move the mirrors independently now, before the updates, and it did work.

:)

6. tjc

tjc Registered

Also noticed another little graphical issue with the Eve F1.

The writing/stickers on the dash for Pressures and Temps seem to still have the old stickers underneath as they can still be seen under the updated stickers.

[​IMG]

Plus, my fov can be seen in the above screen but the AI is much closer in... didn`t the AI used to have the fov used by the player?

[​IMG]

The dash stickers can maybe seen a bit better in the above screen too. :)

7. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Just a small nik-pick, already reported over a year ago, the white posts at Spa along side of road still only appear with track graphics at full setting. Means I can cheat by lowing track detail.

8. MJP

MJP Registered

Such a easy fix too.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
  9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

+1111111111

My brother have track graphics to medium and he have no posts. They are really making the track more difficult so of course they should appear regardless of the graphics settings.

Just take the 'masta' chicane as an example. It's kind of a blind corner, and when entering it in really high speed I have to get it 100% perfect to not touch the posts. But I can not leave to much margin to them neither, because then I'll loose too much time or crash. But my brother, however, can take the same corner just as fast as me, or faster, without taking the risk of touching the posts. He's probably not 'cheating' and cutting o purpose, but he can touch the grass with one wheel while I can't.

10. Lecram

Lecram Registered

Another bug which is there for ages is that when you turn opponents volume all the way down, there is always one type of car still audible, doesnt seem to be effected by opponent volume ratio...

11. huguess

huguess Registered

you can realy have a big smile because a lot of us are agree with that post. personnatly i often drive offline with le 1960's cars and tracks of rfactor2, cause it is answering a wish done when i and we was driving on GPL.
    a big thanks so !

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1, situation atm is we obstain giving credit to ISI as we will be called fanboys.

Then, a post will come criticizing... grass of all things :rolleyes:

13. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Wow good feel to cars. Reminds me of the Boxster I test drove. The red cars have the best wax jobs. I've always liked red. Tracks look much much better. Spa looks too blue in places but I still think its a very good improvement. The vegetation is much less coarse. I seem to be about the same speed as before. Thankfully AI slower at Monaco. I was starting to get a complex losing the tail end of a 70% Monaco field.

Quibbles: The BT20 looks too big relative to the driver. Maybe more importantly I can't stop middle of the tire temperatures from being higher than the edge temperatures. On the other hand the cars drive great so who cares.
    Thanks ISI for your efforts
    Sam

14. argo0

argo0 Registered

I've noticed that about the Brabham as well. Using similar seat position to Eve and Spark, it seems much wider.

15. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

As I can remember, I encountered first this issue when F1L2013 mod has been released. So it was just before Australian GP...

16. Miro

Miro Registered

The F2 2012 cars have the same bug.

BTW great update! Thx.

17. Miro

Miro Registered

How do you know, did you test them?

I am really looking forward to this update. I hope it is well done cuz the Megan's are one of my favorite sim cars.
    Easy to drive but very hard to constantly push the limits.

18. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ve also noticed (and might even have mentioned it before somewhere) that the BT20 looks too big for the driver...

There wasn`t much spare room in those cars so I think this maybe needs seen to for future updates.

:)

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
  19. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Yes, he is tester by ISI.

20. Segun

Segun Registered

Big problem here with the updated historic content.

I'm using 3 screens with 1 gtx590, with all the other content and previous version of historics the 2 gpu's work on the 98/99% range ( 80/90 fps all the time) with the new historic content I have random slowdowns to 45% on all 2 gpu's with a terrible oscilation on the framerrate 30 to 90, totally unplayable.