Texas World Speedway - 1.00 Release

Discussion in 'Locations' started by PlickBadger, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It has to be one other mod or track you have installed. Seems like anything that is a DTM track causes that, I don't know much else.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Make sure it's not the total number of tracks and mods, which are limited to 96 (or something close to that). Try temporarily uninstalling 3 or 4 tracks and then try this one. It works perfectly, but I had the same issue with another track until I fiddled and could make any track cause a CTD by being last in the install order. That being said, some crappy conversions do cause CTD's regardless, but I know this track is not in that category.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Will there ever be more work done on this track? Some darkening of the textures and reduction of the brightness would go a long way.

4. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Yes, there will be updates to this track. I'm currently very busy at work. I will be updating all of the local Texas tracks for rFactor2, but it will take some time.

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I love this track, Plickbadger. Just wanted to say thank you again. I'm using it for a night race with the Howstons at ISR coming up next month! I'm a fan of rovals and this one is the best that rF2 has.

6. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

It's one of the few third-party tracks I keep around because I like it so much. I'd really like the AI not to slow down in the last turn in 29CW and not crash because of the right-handed dip in the track. Maybe some bigger textures and stuff too?

You should put up a donation link, you'd go on my list of content I want to support when I get a bit more money. :p

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Someone should try the new AI learning from Build 339 on this track!!!

8. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

If I manage to install it correctly next to 300, I will. :p

9. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I messed with it as this is one my favorite tracks but at this point it's more trouble than it's worth due to the AI not being able to pit during practice at this track. I can get wis files for it but only if I do it one car at a time.

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Hold on a minute...the wis files are car specific!?!?!?!?!? Even class-specific would be bad enough... I am asking a serious question here and sorry for my ignorance. Haven't had time to delve into that yet.

11. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Why should it be car specific. Maybe I read the note wrong. I thought it was an aiw file for the whole track? Not specific cars (of course, I haven't tried it yet).

12. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Class specific isn't that bad since one can have several classes practicing and making wis files at the same time. That's unless the cars won't pit during practice. If they won't pit during practice then they won't complete a wis file with all the information unless you only have one car in the practice.

wis files are put into a directory for each car in each class as that driver runs. ISI did that with the AI Autocalibrate = "1" ini files as well.

View attachment 10555
    View attachment 10553
    View attachment 10554

If your wis file is 2 - 3 kb then it didn't get much info in it and probably didn't work correctly.

Different cars in the same class get slightly different numbers for each turn. Below is turn 1 of the 1.8 miel CCW configuration of TWS using a couple of different 370Z cars.

View attachment 10556

Edit, here's one for the Renault F-3 on the same configuration.

View attachment 10557

For better AI they'd be car or class specific. An F-1 car can use different lines than a Clio.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013
  13. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Classes? That I can understand. The specific car thing would be strange. Big difference between a car and a class of car.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Unfortunately they did that. It resulted in no one using it because it was such a ridiculously onerous process to get anything useful out of it. Sounds like ditto for rF2. The files should apply to all cars of the same configuration.

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

In 2 weeks my group is racing GT3 BES cars at CCW 29- I just ran some practice laps and oh boy.... this is going to be FUN.

Awesome track, thanks PB

16. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

It's a shame the cars don't pit properly...the Indycars are incredible round the superspeedway.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I wonder if PB will be looking back at this track after having done his Dallas Karting work. I can't recall the acronym he used for the track he was going to work on next but I could have sworn it was this one :p.

18. argo0

argo0 Registered

I hope so. This is one of the best rf2 tracks in my opinion.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, an update is coming. Be patient.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I am being patient, there was nothing of rush in the post.