Changing tire compound for Marussia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vyrush, Apr 20, 2013.

1. vyrush

vyrush Registered

Hi guys.. Just wondering, whether or changing the Tire compound from the tuning section of the game actually works..
    I selected medium / soft or some other combinations.. but when go to race garage menu.. the compounds available are always hard / medium..

lets assue that hard now = medium and medium = soft.. but the marking of the tires are still the same.. with white band..
    is it normal? or am i missing something..
    currently on build 198 with mr01 updated to 1.42!!

2. MJP

MJP Registered

The tyre availability depends on the track you choose to run at. This is a car physics setting not a track one.

3. Davvid

Davvid Registered

And having encrypted Marussia's files one is unable to alter it.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If there is a use for vmods I think this is it. You should be able to include a mod and some optional files (such as trackconfig, which sets the per-track upgrades) and make that a package. Similar thing for setting pitstop settings etc.

Of course in order to do this some of the files that don't contain sensitive data (like which tyre compounds are available, pitstop rules, etc., that are all observable and publicly known) should be separate and unencrypted in the original mod. If the vmod included several mods you would have the option to provide alternate configurations for all/some of those mods or leave them default.

Then the server itself has a set of cars (single mod, or vmod which may reference 1 or a number of mods) and a list of independent tracks which it provides to the matchmaker and clients can check against. (and preferably the client would give the option to join a track it has, even if it doesn't have some of the other tracks the server is going to use)

Anyway, now I'm going off-topic.

But this sort of customization is something that needs to be retained, IMO.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Marussia only has some compounds active... I did post it, but can't seem to find it now. Your findings are probably due to that.

6. DA

DA Registered

Tim, when you fix it? :( Im also selected in upgrade menu Hard/Soft tyres and tried loading on other tracks. What i see? Right - standard tyres: Soft-Medium-Inter-Wet.

Also i can't open with MAS Tool MR01_car.mas for change something.