Corvette 1.41 Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C3PO, Apr 18, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It isn't broken.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

2. 88mphTim

Thanks.

3. 88mphTim

Nobody has ever said no to any suggestion of this........

rF2 is company focus. But saving you 10 seconds to check our download page is lower priority than real software issues.

We only keep an ID number for mods. Sooo... It's not possible for us to index, I think.

4. 88mphTim

More info. Software? Your driving?

5. Neuro

Neuro Registered

Then why only the one from Dropbox worked?

6. 88mphTim

No idea. Why did it work fine for both me and the person I thanked right after I replied to you?

I'm assuming there's a system cache and you're getting what already downloaded rather than something from the server, or different server load impacting you.

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

Browser cache could be the cause. I would advise people with repeated failures to empty the cache of your browser, as well as to delete previously downloaded versions.

The USA link is working fine for me.

8. fastorro

fastorro Registered

Instalations fails.

Ok i will download from dropbox

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

This corvette feels completely different for me. However, I must say something is not right but i'm not shure what it is. It is difficult for me to explain that.
    It is a force on the steering wheel as soon as I get over it the vehicle becomes unstable and I'm forced then to continually make steering corrections while absolutely implausible situations. I don't need to be fast for this.

Feels like a lever effect aligned from front to back. The entire balance is somehow completely wrong and feel generally very modest. Very odd behaviour :confused:

10. TJones

TJones Registered

Tim, seems like your not in the best mood today.;)
    There are a lot of activity from you, regarding spinelly´s idea of a info panel for the launcher, looks a liitle bit strange to me. I don´t think it´s forbidden to talk about it.
    Nobody said it should be implmented in the next builds, of course there are higher task´s at the moment. But it might be interesting function for the future.

@fastorro - Did the Dropbox link work for you?

11. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

It was my idea on this thread or somewhere else but whatever. ;)

It is not a must have to be honest. It is just very convenient for the users. Great for the lazy ones, nice for everybody else. Chore for developers. I can see this function comming when the main issues of the game are sorted and devs will have some time for working on community wishes. :) I can see that happening in couple of months time. Maybe this fall?

12. TJones

TJones Registered

Sorry Ronnie, i didn´t knew it was your idea at first. :D
    We both have the same opinion about it. A suggestion is only a suggestion, ISI is free to decide, if or when a feature find his way into the Sim.
    Can´t really understand the whole exitement.

13. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Hah. This whole idea thing is always the game of community idea which evolves in many minds but few step out and say it. So I'm sure there were many more with such ideas. If not here then somewhere else. Sometimes it is just developing an idea that we've seen before or even passing an idea we've seen somewhere else and repeating it word by word. So I can't say that it is my idea and everyone beside me with this idea is a fraud. :)

What I want most now is to refine the existing content in rf2. Such things as suggested I would like to see after the main issues and features are solved and implemented.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I don't want to argue or create any animosity between anyone here (Tim, other users and myself) but with let's say 10 tracks and 20 cars (example), and if I didn't play RFactor 2 for 2 weeks, or even a month, then I don't think it would be a quick 10 second thing to be comparing all the different versions of all my different mods/cars/tracks etc with all of their latest version numbers on line.

It can't be a thing of cost. You literally just type a few words and have the launcher program "grab" these words and display it, it's just normal Internet and basic (most likely) programming stuff. It's in a way, just a sort of HTML thing that shows up. Or, you can even make it simpler, you can just make it a webpage that the launcher's news section always defaults to (has it sort of set as it's home page when you click on news) and it therefore would be no different to the webpages you see and interact with in the launcher's buy/purchase section. No different. Just normal webpage stuff. :)

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

I guess Tim needs a couple of glasses to handle all this :) Tim Perhaps you understand now what I meant with, to make things more practical and easier to handle. Not everyone is ambitious and qualified how you want to get yourself the trouble saving.
    In this context, I wish a relaxing weekend.

Cheers !

16. 88mphTim

You guys can just read any of the other threads ivd already replied in. And yes, lots of replies from me because there's lots of duplicate posts of the same thing. :)

17. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Hi all.
    Gotta love this stuff! Must do or we wouldn't both screwing around with it!

Ok, you want a reason for that?
    Well lets see, Lets start with the Vette looks like crap sins the 194 or what ever update #, I downloaded this update hoping it was fix. Sorry no joy there. Now tho for a reason unknown to all, the Vette mod name has changed to C6R_car from ISI_Corvette_C6R_GT2. This means now any/and all alt skins you have no longer work as they are in the folder directory named ISI_Corvette_C6R_GT2. But now when you create a directory it now reads C6R_car. Move your alt skins over to this new folder and they'll work again. Delete the old ISI_Corvette_C6R_GT2 folder. It's now useless.

Question is now in the installed directory I, we have two installs for the Vette. The new 1 is 44mb, old one is 41mb. Dose this mean I can delete or uninstall ISI_Corvette_C6R_GT2 and just have the C6R_GT2? Or is the 44mb just as stated, a update and we need to have both?

Now I'm not that into online racing. The reasons are my own but most of you already know the answer to that. I have how ever keeped the game up to date with ISI content. Decided to have a look at the server list tonight just to see how things are going. The list is quite long as you would know if you go online. Well I count around 6 servers I could join with a fully up to date game. These were a few Clio and 1 or 2 trainer servers. Well no wonder the servers are empty. Not 1 Vette server I could join and the 1 Megane server I could join I wouldn't both because I can't see out the windscreen on those cars still after around 4 to 5 month of them first going to crap. If there was a car that needs a update it's that 1.

18. MJP

MJP Registered

Can't say I've noticed any difference between how the new version of the Vette looks even in the latest B198, what should I be looking at?

If servers run old content then you'll need that old content to join them. If you don't run online then there's no need for the older versions.

As for the folder name change, I've no idea, ask ISI, they did the same thing with the Clio and Marussia updates.

19. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

This is what they all look like sins the update.
    GRAB_004.JPG

20. tjc

tjc Registered

That`s a known bug with b198...

Turning on HDR fixes this when on track but it`ll still look like that in the spinner even with HDR on.