[WIP] Live Timing, Session Results, Track Rendering & League Management [Discontinued]

Discussion in 'Other' started by B1K3R, Apr 16, 2013.

1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Download is by request at the moment. I'll send you the link in a PM. Let me know if you need me to install it for you.

2. Awesome - thanks :)
    I will review - have some experience with sql and servers - but maybe not enough - i will review it :)

3. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I would love to get this working with my servers!

4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Sure Rich, I'll send you the links and let me know if you need me to install it for you

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

5. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I'm at the settings screen where it connects to the database and it will not authenticate.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
  6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi Rich, best would be if I can have a look throught teamviewer or something tomorrow so that i can check out the setup as otherwise it will be hard for me to say whats wrong.

7. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I got past that, think I configured it incorrectly. I'm now a bit confused as to how I view it online or even locally. Everything seems to be running.... lol

8. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

9. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Hmm...wuts the best advice instead of running on a different PC. By just closing the web is enuff?

10. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi Rich, seems like attached image does not work. Let me know how I can help...

11. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Depends on many things mate. The web itself is not heavy when idle, but then if you have 30 using looking a the streaming, another 20 searching through the results, then it might affect your server. The database requests can get quite heavy if lots of querying is done. Its hard to tell as it also of course depends on the hardware.

Best would be do to a test :p But I would say yeah, the biggest threat would be the database due to many people on the web site doing things I said above.

12. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

That's odd. It worked last night (the picture).

I have....something...showing if I go to localhost/livetiming but it looks broken.

Pretty sure I've configured something wrong.

13. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Feel free to send me RDP or teamviewer if you want me to have a look :)

14. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Sent you details via pm mate. I'm off to work soon but I van check the forums a bit if the boss doesn't see me haha

15. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Haha ok....my boss is not in yet (he flew in from UK this morning), so I can get a quick sneak peak now :p

16. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Used this for the first time in a league environment this evening.

After the race I noticed no results were coming through. I went on to my dedi, there were errors everywhere and I saw an "out of memory exception" but without thinking, I cleared them. I restarted the listener and, of course the results were there.

There were 17 clio's at Thruxton. If there are log files, I will pass them on?

17. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

That's not good news at all Rich, sorry to hear that. From what you said, it seems that there was a memory leak with the listener for some reason, it ate up all the ram and crashed...

Never happened before (unless someone else didn't tell me)....my only concern now is how to reproduce this. Yeah, please feel free to pass on any info you might have.

Thanks.

18. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

For what it's worth, the race sever was not effected.

Does the dedi client just use CPU and bandwidth?

Also, I was just observing people in the kart server, the track map seemed a little stuttery. Which setting can I change to make it smoother?

19. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

How did your server run out of memory and the game wasn't affected is strange.

The listener uses some cpu st times as its processing and calculating many things. Not. Much ram...below 30mb. Bandwidth depends on how many people are using the stream.

This weekend I made updates to the listener to send compresed objects to web so that less band with is used. We can test it in your sever and check if its smoother. I would add some debug messages from my side and monitor your hardware.

Yesterday I was on one of your servers, the clio...and for some reason my game was not smooth. Let me know if you'd like me to investigate this on your server

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

20. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

You're OK, confused the hell out of me too.......

I'm just setting up the Clio server with the next round in our league. I'll message on hangouts when the server is free for you to poke around mate :)