Information Level

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mibrandt, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

"We are a customer, ISI is the supplier" you should have limited your post to this sentence as the rest is, sorry, nonsense.

have you all forgotten that rF2 PAID beta was launched dec 2011?

patience has limits for everybody... and people are just fed-up with the attitude of ISI and the generally un-polished feeling of rF2... again after nearly 18 months of beta. Except for offline racing, rF2 is barely usable.

Since the beta launch ISI had to admit some day that they are not ready for GOLD. It seems that they felt embarrased to have a paid beta out for more than a year and they pull the rabbit out their hat: they simply changed the naming convention from beta to "constant developement". Nice move...

I'm not here to critizize ISI for the sake of it! I'm just worried that ISI is getting a bit lost with the developement of rF2. Basic stuff is not done and they throw out new unfinished stuff... that's where the frustration is coming from. The posts are getting more and more negative... even from people that had a very friendly attitude towards ISI...

> go and have a look at the AC forum! Gentle and friendly behavior! proper feedback on any post (issue, bug, no issue, we will take care, worked on etc). > treat your customers well and they will react nicely!

I've been waiting for rF2 for many years as there was no real alternative... however this year we will see some nice competition... If ISI doesn't get things sorted out quickly, it might be too late. If ISI does not really focus NOW on getting existing feature ready, rF2 will most probably be outdated when it's the core functions are all implemented properly...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013
  2. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

A little bit more transparence for future/next Builds will be a nice step .

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I agree. People that voice their opinion like a screaming rage when they haven't in effect lost anything, just not seemingly gained much in their vision of they want RF2 to be like.

Constructive bug fixing is how these things will progress. Don't you think that because 75% (a guess) of the forum users bought RF2 just to get the early access and are not willing to contribute to the testing of it (which was the purpose in the first place!). It seems that way to me.

RF2 goes through internal testing to get into a state to release a public build. Imagine if it was released with everything on it. Weather, tyre wear.... all bells and whistles and then when it reached the public's hands there were bugs galore? (internal testing can only test so much) Tracing those bugs would be a nightmare!!

Our job (I use the term loosely as we are not paid to do this) is to report when a bug appears, it is ISI's to take that on board and prioritise it in their development plan. This plan does not match our own, and why should it?

If developing a sim was easy, surely we would all be doing it, then we could get exactly what we want. Not all fixes are EASY... not everything is solved by "IF THEN ELSE".

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Nonsenss, I play in online all the time.

Rf2 won't be outdated just because graphics might be little behind the standards in few years time. Other aspects (more important things) will be competitive against any other sim racing product. Of course other sim developers work faster than ISI atm because they are way behind and will lose customers if they do not step up their game.

I've seen you always rant about the same thing. You want everything to happen just now. Would be great, but that ideal is not from this world. If you read this forum you might get the image that rf2 is broken product which it certainly isn't.

To spot some useful information to improve my gameplay, I have to browse trough these negative depressing messages (void rants) every time :p enough with that.

But there are some things that should be given to users a.s.a.p.: Triple screen support, real life clutch and triple screen replays/improved replays. Those are not in my priority list, but I have seen countless of people wanting these and I think we would have tons of happy customers if those would be implemented soon. Just a wish to ISI.

5. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

I didn't bother reading every post in this thread because I know it's the same as in other threads.

:::What is being worked on at the moment
    What would it change if you knew what ISI were working? Would it make you happier? And why would it have any effect on you whatsoever? What you have is what you have. Why do you care what ISI are working at this exact moment?

:::what are the plans for the next build
    Read above. Why do you need this information? Next build will come when it's its time and will have all the things imlepented that it will. What is the reason one has to know what are the plans for the next build? Because... It doesn't change anything. It won't make the build come faster, it won't make what you have now any better and it won't make what you have in the future any better. I'm just asking why because I don't get it.

:::If you release an unfinished rain effect it would be good to mention when you plan for it to be better / maybe even what you aim for as an end result
    For me this is sort of stupid question. It will be better when it is better. I can guess it will be better in 2015. Does that make you happy? These things are hard to predict and impossible to say for sure. ISI have heard our feedback and will make it better for sure. Even Tim said that spray n its current form is an early beta and we beta-tested it succesfully. Be happy that you helped to make the weather effects better. The aim will of course be as realistic weather as possible.

:::When will RF2 go "non-beta" I dont even know if it is Beta still?
    It's an evolving product. What you have now is rF2 and what you have 3 years from now is rF2. Take it or leave it :)

I'm not Tim or have any relation to ISI so there will be some points just plain wrong. Although I wrote this as an answer for OP, it is not directed at him or at anyone but generally for everyone. And as Tim suggests many times, don't read a tone into it, because there is none. :)

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Not if you hire more electricians

7. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Yes true, but thats not what you said initially

8. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

This is the sentance Guy i'm refering to.

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Now there`s nonsense for you...

rf2 is completely usable for both online and offline and to say it`s not is twaddle!

10. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Yeah!!!! All you guys are right. ISI needs to be more transparent now and tell us everything. We want to know what's going on, so does the developers at pCars, iRacing, Raceroom, etc. etc. Yeah, all the successful companies tell everything that's going on behind closed doors :rolleyes:

11. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Here's the answer to unemployment, "they should hire more people" ! It's so easy, I wonder why they didn't think of it earlier :D

Well, you paid for a BETA (it's not as if we didn't know the state of the sim). If it's not going the way you like or at the speed you want, too bad. You should have waited till the game is advertised and stop complaining.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013
  12. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

not so hard to be a plumber, hot's on the left, cold's on the right and sh*t won't run uphill.
    the electrician's got a few more complications, there's a black wire and a white wire to make things go, but what the hell is this red wire and I'm pretty sure I saw a blue wire over there somewhere. . .

If you think hiring a professional is expensive try hiring an amateur.

go for it ISI, I'm behind you guys 100%.

13. Max

Max Registered

lol things get all unsettled when Tim isn't around, don't they? :) While I agree the information blows at times. I just go do something else, play something else, or as Tim wrote to me, go do some laps! And I also believe this "beta" "alpha" "ongoing development?" is a little long in the tooth to get where it needs to be. I also believe the information is lacking say compared to PCARS. And at times people feel slighted here, with the brash responses at times. So meh. rF2, I don't know what to say. You are the girl I like to bang, but I don't like to show to my friends... :)

14. Diablo

Diablo Registered

ROTFL ... and that´s it for the banging part. No more for you. :p

15. doug484

doug484 Registered

This is awesome and also a somewhat accurate description!

16. Hugo Gonçalves

Hugo Gonçalves Registered

in 1 january 2013 time start count right? so no more beta.
    I think in dec 2013 isi will have somo great stuff 100% working...

17. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

And another great big +1 goes to TTupsi.

18. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

It is about managing expectations. If I know that for example right now they are working on improving wet weather effects and tyre contact patch simulation and the Silverstone track, and next they will work on clutch simulation and replays then I know what to realistically expect in the next few builds.

I am already happy with RF2, I enjoy driving it every day, but more information will make me less anxious about the future.

19. speed1

speed1 Banned

While many people consume their breath, nobody cares about. Save energy it seems nobody responsible wants to hear that all. You guys would rather lean back and let the men do what they consider to be right. Why should you waste energy for something where else should worry about it but seemingly nobody responsible cares about. I do not get rid of the feeling people beg. Why ?

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

A couple of points:

1, this has all been brought up before so don't expect ISI to suddenly start yapping. Their communication is poor, simply put.

2, the idea of wanting to know more information is to help us to help ISI instead of all these threads going round in circles every month. If we knew some of the plan (not all of it is needed) then surely our input and ideas would help ISI?

3, people still thinking we're in Beta (Marc!), we're NOT..this is a released game now, we are right to expect better builds without half baked features. If that happened in any other game you'd get the same uproar as we have here.

4, see point 1

5, lest we not forget this is a great sim with the potential to be fabulous and our input is vital to help with that and that's where ISI need to be more open...as had been mentioned for over a year now.

As I've seen posted elsewhere what ISI get right they get great, what they get wrong they get poor...communication being one of those areas.