[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Have you seen how it works in GT cars? I mean really? Also it's not all about the top speed. You shouldn't or outright can't use 12 fuel map for entire race. But let's say you can try it to make it even bigger difference map 2 and map 12. Check your laptimes during 5 lap stints (no need for anything longer to prove the point. However pressures won't stabilize until at least lap 6 but leave it). That shows that almost none of you really tested the mod. Most of you just jumped every car, played with fuel mixtures, did couple of hotlaps with some changes to set possibly based on how you had them in previous versions and then you come back and complain. Not really productive. You can post them (stints) later when you are finished.

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

You are talking much but saying nothing. It's a simple thing. If the acceleration and top speed doesn't really differ, than the car is not really faster caused by more engine power so why comparing lap times under this conditions. It's wasted time because all that you compare is your Inconsistency
    and the increasing Grip level

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

3. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

No point talking to you then. Thanks for saving my time. :) I appreciate it.

4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Okay, just got home, here are some of my data from my test runs at Sau Paolo in the C7R. I didn't really spend much time messing with setup, but wanted to investigate exactly this subject, the new fuel mixture options.

EGTv2_C7R_SauPauloTest.jpg

5. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Fuel mixture one is the safety car setting. It's useless to compare. The difference between the other 2 might be driver related

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

6. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Right, you just have fun on the internet now, troll :)

//Edit: Mmm, I like that "Ignore list" :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2016
  7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Well...the mixture range for the CR7 starts with 0.99 within 0.01 steps. With fuel mixture 1 you should get the former default, 1.0. With mixture setting 12 it should be 1.1, it`s not a big difference. By the way, why starts the mixture range for the CR7 with 0.99 and for the Darche with 0.91?

//Edit: maybe got it, the mixture table is slightly different?

8. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

But clearly you don't, have you even tried running with fuelmix:1 ? It's SOOO lame to drive. And honestly I doubt than any of us two have the insight into the new engine features as Miroslav and Borda.

//Edit: I have no clue about the physics-files, I just tested the car to prepare for VEC S9 and decide which car to go for :p

9. Miro

Miro Registered

The fuel mixtures are not ment to work like boosts.
    It is a strategic or even tactical tool at times more or less. At some tracks you will notice a bigger difference than on others. It might rain or not, sometimes you will be stuck in traffic or you need to pass quickly. There are of course more situations where one can make propper use of it.

However I would not even touch the mixtures until you are on the limit with the car on the choosen track, only then IMO you can make the best use of it.
    If you are on a sunday drive with inconsistent lap times, then yes I would agree, they might be useless for that. Otherwise I think they are quite usefull. :)

BTW thx for the comments and feedback guys. :)

Kobradelta1000 likes this.
  10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

It`s just a math...;) When you start from 0.99 and add 0.01, what is the result?

11. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Right, but maybe you should specify what you mean by "former default" ? Because it has nothing to do with the former version of the cars engine or performance.

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I`m talking about the C7R, the FuelAirMixtureTable is still the same as it was with v1.97, that means, if you use 1.0 as multiplier, nothing is changed, right? Most of the values are not changed, but doesn`t matter, i was just curious how you can reach that differents.

//Edit: not sure, how i can explain what i mean...when you add fuelmix:1, then you have FuelAirMixtureEffects x 1. That means, nothing has changed. Above fuelmix:1 you`ll get 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 and so on...with fuelmix:12 you`ll get 1.10.

13. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

From what I can see, the general torque and power multipliers in v2 are different, and the EngineMixtureSpecials didn't exist before.

14. Miro

Miro Registered

As in RL at a certain point you reach the maximum efficiency. So a fuel richer mixture doesn't allways give you more power.

15. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Right. I guess most power is about lambda 0.85 in rl. But most engines run with more air. Lambda 1-1,5. But I don't know the range of race cars.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I wasn`t talking about EngineMixtureSpecials, but about the FuelAirMixtureTable and FuelAirMixtureEffects.

17. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Yes, but to my understanding they depend on the same mixture-setting, which is why we now get very different performance per trip.

Since you said this: "Most of the values are not changed, but doesn`t matter, i was just curious how you can reach that differents.", I just pointed these changes out :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2016
  18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

What i was trying to tell you: fuelmix:1 is the same, as it was without EngineMixtureSpecials.

19. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Fuelmix isolated, yes. But I now asume you understand how I could reach those differents :) Let's move on, we got the cars now we just need to get the best out of them. And I don't really think we disagree here.

20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

First of all, i like to tell you, that Andregee isn`t a troll. I know him very well and he is a respectable person. Maybe there is a small language barriere, as it`s the same for me, who knows...

BTT:

Andregee tested the AM and you the C7R, right? Let`s have a look into the engine files:

I dont know, if this is the reason for the various test results? By the way, the FuelAirMixtureTable of both are identical.