[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Drove C7r. It's fine there.

2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Indeed, PX. Thanks for the reply Ales

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

3. Eddy

Eddy Registered

tested Darche....no problems

4. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Would like to hear the opinion of anyone who spent a lot of time in the Ferruccio BEFORE the update to see what your thoughts are now AFTER the update.

For me the car now feels and sounds dead, I notice the rev limit has been lowered, the rear wing now tops out at 22, and the gear ratios are very very different. Not sure if it is because it now does not rev as high but the sound is very dull. I just cant "feel" the car anymore (until it is too late). I honestly would have to say that the Ferruccio "was" my favorite car in the mod before the update and now I can not stand it:(

5. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Have you seen that the car can rev at 7100?
    Cheers.

6. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Yes and I believe it use to go to 9200 before the update.

7. Capeta

Capeta Registered

That wasn't really effective as the best way to shift was earlier than 6500 rpm, torque and better fuel usage. :)
    But, I agree, the Ferruccio changed. I have to test the others. No longer my favourite car.

8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I don't regret the previous version.
    I just softened front springs to 228, raised rear springs to 190, adjusted brake balance, (FR wing 3, rear 16-17 ) and I had a fast and nimble car, very pleasant to drive.
    Cheers.

9. Backmarker

Backmarker Registered

+1
    baseline setups work great!!

10. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

It's a bit hard to describe, but the feeling of URD GTs are something strange to me. The cars drive like a road car, not like a race car. The suspensions are too soft and the engine + suspension set doesn't communicate a real race car sensation. It fells a bit less reponsive than I'm used to several race GT cars in rF1, rF2, etc.

Anyway, and regardless, I would suggest to improve Ferrucio sounds. They are dull and don't sound like the real thing, mainly in the downgearing situations. It should rev up very high and audible.

11. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Your Feeling seems to be very strange. Suspension to soft? Its very stiff, the Suspension travel is really fast and small

12. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

I am absolutely in love with the latest update! Obviously there will always be 1 or 2 things that can't please everybody, but that's just the way it is.

I am currently driving the AM in the projectsimracer.co.uk league, and I was wondering about 2 (minor) things. The AM's wheelnuts seem to vanish when the tires rotate at higher speed :) . And I was wondering, are there plans to update the current available templates with a "dirt layer" ? I love the effect it has on the C7.R and I think it would be good to have the dirt layer as well on the other cars.

Thanks! :cool:

13. Ghanja

Ghanja Registered

I am looking for a good AM setup for the Nordschleife - could someone provide one please?

14. Isosceles Kramer

Isosceles Kramer Registered

Question for those who tested newest version of the mod, is Darche still by far the fastest?

15. Justy

Justy Registered

I tested each of the cars round Oulton Park last weekend. Maybe spent an hour(ish) with each car, so not too sure with more time and effort whether any car will stand out, but with some tweaking of the setups, the fastest lap times for each car were all within 1 second of each other. Indeed I think the differences were closer to half a second, but Oulton is a relatively short track so maybe the differences are relative. Either way, they certainly seemed to be close enough in my opinion. The fastest laptime (for me) came from the BMW.

EDIT: One thing which has struck me though, is that all the cars seem to use the same default setup, which probably handicaps certain cars by default, until you start tinkering.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2015
  16. Isosceles Kramer

Thank you. I tried few cars and funnily enough BMW felt least pleasant to drive. I played with setups but not to great extent, it requieres longer testing than what I did.

One thing that is often overlooked regarding this is rotational inertia. It still seems cars in this mod have either too high engine rotational inertia or flywheel that's too heavy, which consequently affects, to a degree, how the cars break loose. It's not solely tire grip.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Many mods have this problem a lot worse than this one. The latest version is better than the prior versions. I would say it's now a minor issue.

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

+1. The mod is now more challenging, and great fun for a wide range of drivers. Coupled with PX1 and PX2 it will make a great combo.
    Cheers.

19. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

I had some great fun yesterday, when I ran a 2.4h race on Silverstone with both EGT and PX (22 AI), me in the Corvette c6r. Tire wear and fuel consumption both on 2x, AI limiter on 0, AI strength on 100%.
    After 2.5h, the EGT-field was nicely spread out through the whole lap, with an averge of 7 seconds between cars (varying from 1 to 20s)
    The Ferruccio's were the fastest EGT-cars, with most cars running 13 laps each stint (ca. 26min), but the Darche's/Venoms did 14 laps each stint (ca. 28min), resulting in a close finish between Ferruccio and Darche because of one less pitstop for Darche :)
    The AI's ran on the S9 tire, while I could easily manage one stint on the S7 tires. I'm not sure what the AI's tire choice is based on.
    Anyway, I finished 10th overall (5th in EGT) after coming from 23th after lap 2.

This type of multi-class racing is quite challenging with the speed differences. You cannot always let a PX-car pass you on the straights, if you don't want to block them. You don't want a PX-car in your rearview mirror in the middle of Maggots/Backetts!

After experiencing this by myself (also driving the PX-cars in combination with EGT), it amazes me even more that there are so few crashes between LMP and GTE-cars at Le Mans, because the LMP-drivers take huge risks when lapping the slower cars, in order to loose as less time as possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
  20. Isosceles Kramer

I agree, would still like to see it further improved though.