[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

You also don't win races with a slow poorly setup car. The cars are set up to perform quickly, once again this can be seen in pretty much every GTE onboard cam on the internet, or speak to a driver. They do not drive for 24 hours straight, all current 24 hour endurance racing series cap drivers at 4 hour stints at a time maximum, some series cap it lower.

Just for a couple examples, and keep in mind this is in a car with traction control. Drivers are not hanging out in the cockpit, they are wrestling the car for all the performance they can get, like all forms of racing. And as much as many people here have convinced themselves that downforce magically makes a 2500lb 500hp car sterile under power, it doesn't, which can clearly be seen and demonstrated

You can see the TC engage and the driver have to modulate throttle here, even at the top end of 3rd gear when you're starting to generate significant downforce https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5HYjIkZb8I&wide&t=2m43s

same here, no magic physics that allow you to floor a 500hp 2500lb chassis out of a 2nd gear corner without the rear losing traction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1XjDCWAiMQ&wide&t=2m7s

here, once again in 3rd gear, you can see the need to gently feed the throttle on corner exit and countersteer slightly, even with gentle throttle input the TC is still engaging as the rear is trying to step out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3c640KiB4c&wide&t=4m11s

compare all of this to the previous version of this mod where I could hold down the throttle in second, third and fourth, while swerving left and right on corner entry and exit, and nothing would happen, it would stay superglued to the road no problem. Like I stated before, the current version of this mod mostly addressed this and models the cars behavior much better, you have to actually pay attention to your right foot now

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Is anyone disagreeing that the latest update is more realistic? Hope not.

3. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

That was the vibe I was getting from some of the more recent posts (cars should be trouble free and not stressful to drive) but then again my reading comprehension has been quite bad today ;)

4. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I can't read 269 pages, is there some setups anywhere for reference? My C7R drives like a truck understeering using defaults.

5. BlamedB

BlamedB Registered

If you're using straight default, I'd recommend much softer front springs and a stiffer rear ARB. Maybe a few clicks stiffer in the rear springs too.

I forgot who posted this but I bookmarked it and use it as a guide :D
    http://ftp://www.jatekok.hu/hf1l/files/SetupMatrix.pdf

6. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Thanks for this matrix BlamedB.

7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Please.

I wrote this "Be assured that endurance cars are setup to be as trouble free to drive as possible, no one wants to fight a wild horse in changing conditions for 24 h."

Does it mean that the actual 1.97 are lacking grip or the contrary? Not at all, I take no part in this discussion as I totally lack facts.

It means that endurance cars in real life are setup to be as trouble free as possible, it doesn't mean that you can floor the gas pedal in low gears, or swerve from right to left at full speed, or drift them with a hand hanging from the window, or that you can brake without any care.

They are designed to be as confortable as possible for the driver. Does that mean that they have a cool plush ride? No, not at all.

In real life track adherence is not so uniform around a corner (you have oil lost from cars, dirt brought on track by cars clipping corners, tracks have bumps, braking zones have horrible brake bumps).

Compare this to the impression of riding over smooth glass at Silverstone, you have no need to fight with your driving wheel on this near perfect surface.

If you want an opinion not based on any fact, I can do things with the AC 427 that I think I couldn't do in real life, so forgiving is the car in RF2 (and I ask no change to the AC 427, it is fun as it is).

Cheers.

P.S.

URD is a comercial venture, if they build cars undrivable for the vast majority of us they won't sell, and no ligue would use them later.
    Have no doubt that 99,99 % of RF2 users are unable to drive a real F1 car, and 99,9 % to drive decently a GTE car in real life (me included).
    How many leagues can fill a gr¡d with FISI Formula Master?
    How many people can, or have interest in setting up semi decently a car in RF2?
    How many posts explaining that setups are not relevant to lap times and that you should drive with default setup? (that would really mean that RF2 is a joke).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I`m fine with v1.97

9. Lgel

Lgel Registered

+1.

I'll need a lot of track time to have my complete picture of their pecking order.

Cheers.

10. msportdan

msportdan Banned

do you get this if you bought EGT?

11. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

v1.97? yes, check spam or send me email.

12. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Thanks Alless, update is great. No more understeer.

13. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I have 1.97 C7R and it simply refuses to turn (extremly understeering) on defaults, I'm tweaking the car setup to improve it.

14. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Try 4 FW, 16 RW setting, Spring 228 front, 184 rear.

This car is pure bliss to drive, it is exactly how I imagine such a car would drive.
    I insist "how I imagine", everyone can have his own dreams.
    Cheers.

P.S.

Tried C7R with default setup at Portugal and I wouln't say it underteers heavily. I get gentle oversteer on power, but I would never say the car refuses to turn. There is something wrong there.

I put no doubt on your driving capabilities, such wide discrepancies between judgement of car behaviour makes interpreting feedback very difficult for modders. I have no clue of what causes it.

I drive with a G27 pretty standard.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
  15. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

I drove the C7R also and with the standard setup it is turning fine, even a bit to oversteering for me. But with adjusting the brake balance, softer rearsprings, it drove like a dream. What kind of tires do you use. With the softer s6 and s7 it will go around corners just fine

16. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Softer springs? Wow. That's a lot of travel for the rear already. Standard setup is very much fine. No oversteer whatsoever. Today I did 1:59:8 with 90 L and S7 tyres at Silverstone with light rubber preset. Was a blast. Tyres are nicely balanced so you can really do a interesting strategy and if you are driving carefully and look after the tyres you can drive for ages with fantastic speed. Best version yet to come out. I love it.

17. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Hi,
    Have the templates of the available 2 cars been released?

18. Dmitry Chugrov

Dmitry Chugrov Registered

19. UnitedRacingDesign

20. UnitedRacingDesign

Wich? PX? If yes than soon.