[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

I wanted to show something but i wont thx to Fraggon, pissed me off today...grrrr :eek:

2. tjc

tjc Registered

:(

:p

3. Marc Danisch

Marc Danisch Registered

This one ?

Picture

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

ooooohh :D

5. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Now we like Marc more

6. Andregee

Andregee Registered

With isi its much more noticeable, with EGT less.

7. JTninja

JTninja Registered

Might be a little harsh on his part, but honest and he does have a point You guys were awesome with car updates, wip news, etc for quite a while. The last update was May/June I think. Look at what you guys were able to accomplish from April 2013-June2014, lots of momentum, several cars built up, tested and released. We've heard a bit of info on prototypes and of the C7R, but few and far between. Meanwhile, we see tons of momentum going to the AC group (separate team, we understand), but not much for the rF2 front. Its been nearly 2 years since the announcement of the mod and the pictures of 2 prototypes, non of which have been released. Its a little understandable that some people are a bit impatient. :)

8. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

Because I bother? seems to have little patience?

9. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Ales please don't get me wrong but:
    an update for the EGT Mod is for months overdue for example to get correct working side mirrors.
    I can understand that you have not much time due your engagement for some other dev studios and it's complete OK.
    On the other hand the deal is simple this is a paymode and part of the deal if I remember correctly is to get regular updates or let me say fixes.
    I do not expect a new car or a new mod only fixes for existing cars and I think after months you should not wonder if more and more folks ask when we can expect the update.
    It would be nice if you can give us a serious statement about when we can expect the fixes for the existing mod.

thx alex

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

This! +1

and the promised updates of the painting templates...

11. UnitedRacingDesign

Painting templates?

rF2 was in constant update progress at the moment and last year once we did an update, the next update broke few things. Im working now on the latest build update that should work for some while i guess as alot is now more steady and i think i can finally add different light styles to our models to. Testing alot these days to fix the materials/shiny issues on windows/rims as example and im applying new body shader to.
    Flare lights will be added to now, new tyres, chassis flex...So will be big update now.

12. Tosch

Tosch Registered

In my opinion you should wait until some things become a bit more stable. There is a hdr update in the works (by ISI) and some cube map shaders (windshield for instance) are extremely sensitive to the hdr settings. In contrast to a track you can't add hdr profiles to a car mod, so you have to adjust your settings to look good in all conditions and that's impossible.

13. UnitedRacingDesign

im doing the windows/rims for automated version now. I guess atleast this will work for some time time.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Do you mean in terms of HDR? or RF2 in General? because if it's the latter we could be waiting another year ;)

Unfortunatley I hoped we could've had an interim patch long ago to fix the annoyances with the Mod (opponent sound volume, fenders falling off from a gust of wind etc) whilst waiting for a bigger patch for Chassis Flex/Tire updates and other more important fixes/additions.

15. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The problem with the automated profile is that there are the huge differences in light intensity between noon and dawn. While you have an extreme reflection at noon, there is almost zero reflection at dawn.
    The "bump cube specular map add specular reflect t1" shader has an option to modulate the cube map by the spec map alpha. I've discussed this with Mad_King and he has, from what I have seen, some good results.

16. UnitedRacingDesign

If you use the alpha on livery or spec map alpha are both same results at the end. The differente is that with spec alpha, other ussers, especially custom made skins are not able to adjust reflections. Im adding now new nsx/vette shaders to the body, they are better and sofar from my testing they work fine. And the window shaders are some normal cube spec map or so, some simple ones that were broken before for long time with reflections and they give the best result now for whole 24h time.
    While i love custom HDR shaders, most of our customers prefer to use automated HDR since it was out so i have to make the cars now ready to go so they dont need to search around and install custom HDR for each track.

17. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Please do not forget that the car bodies are loosing their parts to easily by soft contacts and don´t get them back after pitstops.
    It looks al little bit weird to drive trough a field of half finished looking cars.:D

18. UnitedRacingDesign

i see, will change that.

Here quick ingame screens of different time of day, applyed new(nsx) shaders and material settings, automated HDR.

19. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Well... I need to find some gel/cream, some tissues and a key to my door.

20. sg333

sg333 Registered

Wow! You've nailed the settings, looks perfect! :)