[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Why? The guy runs it hotlap mode, why force it into a different setup? The only thing he'd have to change for a race is the radiator and even then rF2 is very lax on the engine. So his comments may be valid, however he still can shave off another 2 seconds to set a very good time. This is still a valid point when comparing times, in qualifying you don't run long stints, you sprint on low fuel.

OT: I've never been able to blow up an engine from downshifting like a madman. Only overrevving while on N or doing crazy up/down/reverse shifts while parked for minutes.

2. RNeves

RNeves Registered

That's what i was talking about.... Longitudinal grip....
    Talked about the mirrors before too.... Nobody listened, or at least nobody answered...

About the radiator, don't know about you... But for me, another bug with it... I race on Sebring with 37º and with the radiator in the minimum and the oil and water pressures don't go past 75º.... Unthinkable IMHO
    And once again.... Said it before and nobody answered....

Isnnt it too much load on the rear?? i tried 4/17 and felt like the car was losing speed on the final part of the staights.... But i'll try as you say

3. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

u guys have ABS and TC on?

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe, but you achieve a lot of speed through the corners. And you can break later and throttle earlier ;-)

5. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

No even without ABS locking a wheel is a challange :D

6. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

On a green track you can lock up your inner tyre which heats it up real quick and take a chunk of wear... Lowest (most efficient) brake map and preload.

And I've only noticed the Ferrari as having a way too efficient radiator so it never really gets up to temp.

7. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

Yes, but in normal race condition with a good brake bias I cant even do it on purpose and yes I have a proper setup and yes I can do the top times posted here.

8. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Yes the way the temperatures works isn't good for the engines.

9. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Ales please fix the mirrors because IMO this is really important for all using cockpit view without virtual mirror.

please !!

10. jabberwalkie09

jabberwalkie09 Registered

For those posting about the engine temperatures, earlier in this thread I posted and asked Alles about the engine temperatures (how some cars get really hot and the Ferrucio stays cold as ice). I believe his response was that those values were still be worked on.

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

12. bwana

bwana Registered

Kind of says exactly how I feel about the 2. Interestingly though ,no mention of real road and the effects of being offline in RF2 and AC having grip across the entire track width. A big advancement in sims of any make imho

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I think it's an interesting and very fair comparison it seems. I haven't tried that mod in AC but his comments about force feedback and feeling makes me think that it's just a general problem in AC.

To me most cars feel like navigating a dead fish around the track. Something is definitely lacking, which is a shame seeing how all the tracks are laser scanned. Such a waste imo.

If Kunos should decide someday to improve their force feedback then I'd probably try out this mod in AC too.

14. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I'm not a big expert on "good" or "bad" FFB, but what struck me on this video is the visuals. Supposedly AC looks a lot hotter in screenshots than RF2 does, but actual driving here, where I'm sure he's using similar settings and framerates, there nothing too big I'm missing in RF2.

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling that way. I have never really understood what it is rF2 is supposedly missing visually compared to AC. Quite contrary I feel AC' visuals are quite bland and lifeless, especially the tracks. Can't believe how little they've been able to do with so much ultra precise data. Feels like such a waste and it's quite frustrating.

16. bwana

bwana Registered

I agree, although my pc is mid spec at best and not getting the best of either game .On track and driving I prefer RF2 on the better tracks (non conversions)

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I think from "in car" rf2 and AC are really close. Only in the selection of trees could you possibly tell them apart. AC gets its ____ sucked because of the screenshots of the cars/tracks in the photo mode.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

In Silverstone with a top notch "2014 standards" car as well. AC's best track is Monza, other tracks aren't up to the same level although that level is standard throughout the whole thing unlike rF2 where you have to pick very specific content to be comparable. I actually prefer rF2's skies and blue, though AC doesn't have the uneven exposure we get from cockpit to outer cameras.

19. Twista

Twista Registered

Depth of field effects and good shaders can go a long way.

20. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I guess to be fair in the other direction, a lot of default cockpits in AC kill a lot of default cockpits in RF2. Mostly due to the fact that we still have cars around unchanged from earliest beta times (Clio for example).

But using the good third-party stuff it doesn't matter, and the new ISI content is up there anyway.