[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Hi Ales,

Any chance of making these vertical rev lights shine brightly -- and also make the LCD display much brighter? This is what you get at night in the Darche:

View attachment 13619

2. gneffio

gneffio Registered

No message for 4 days, this must be a sign of things to come... Ales! Open this PrototypeX thread! :) or at least release the C7.R :p hehehehe

3. MHansen

MHansen Registered

Hello Ales and thank you for a remarkable mod. I have a couple of questions and suggestions. First of all, I also find the sound of the AM a bit muffled or damped as I accelerate. You could listen to the Indicar from ISI and hear how the engine sound retains its volume as you accelerate (or rather the volume increases a bit). In my opinion it would sound better to uncompress the sound and then allow the volume to increase.

Second, a question. When driving on the Silverstone track I can easily keep up with the other cars (in this mod) setting the strength to about 80%. But when driving on the Le Mans track (by VLM) 1.00 I can't even keep up setting the strength to 70%. Is this a thing with the track or? (I am using a joypad to play, so I can't drive very fast).

4. gpfan

gpfan Registered

+1

5. blackcat77

blackcat77 Registered

The combination of the URD mod and rF2 build 798 is absolutely amazing. With the game's new tire model, the URD cars really come alive making for thrilling, wheel-to-wheel racing. Thanks again for your great mod!

6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

New tire model?

7. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

There have been some tweaks to how tyres work, perform. Some feel it, some not jugding on people posting on this matter. I'm on a side that it made a big difference to me.

Out of all EGT cars, Darche is the car that I spend most time with. Loaded up a combo that I know very well and after few corners I could spot that sth is changed. Then laptimes and consistancy proved it (telemetry also). New tire model starts for me when pressure starts to influence tire shape. Building up correctly, influencing heat distribution, contact patch etc. ;) However this change that we have now is a step in a right direction in feel department and predicability (and speed that comes from these).

8. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

It's mostly a track thing, but car mod can have influence too. Tracks can have different grip settings, cars can have different grip also. Different AI driving lines too.
    If you are somewhat picky and wish some sort of realism you will have to pay attention to what strengths you want at different tracks.

9. JRoque

JRoque Registered

Hi all,

I bought a couple of vehicle packages from URD and they are all great. The Venom EGT (on Nordschleife!) is by far my favorite. You can feel the heft of the car in the heavy steering and the torque that drags you along when braking. The car is predictable and with realistic track behavior that feels grounded at all times. Traction, stability and anti-lock controls work very well, too.

Maybe I've missed it in the hundreds of pages of this post but, do we have dynamometer data for this car? I'm not sure if something like this is even simulated but it'd be great if we knew the peak torque/shift points for the vehicle. In fact, I think it would be very cool if these cars came with a detailed performance spec sheet and the story behind them. The why, what and how of the components selected, heritage or source model used (within allowable copyrights), etc. I would love it if the engines and transmissions where modular and could be swapped out for different combinations - higher RPM vs more low torque vs more/less horsepower, etc. Perhaps this last one requires rF2 itself to be expanded to allow for that... but that would be awesome.

JR

10. yusupov

yusupov Registered

wait are there actual traction & abs controls for the car??

i mean first i thought gte (at least gt2?) didnt allow that, & second when i heard someone say they were using it i figured they meant via the assists. just wanna clarify.

11. JRoque

JRoque Registered

Assists. They work very well on the Venom vs, say, a Clio.

JR

12. gneffio

gneffio Registered

GTE allows TC but not ABS, here in rF2 you can use all, unfortunately :) but most of the server online does not allow any assists :)

Tapatalked

13. Miro

Miro Registered

TC is allowed IRL yes, but most of the drivers don't use it in race sessions, or just a very low level of TC. In Q session they don't use it at all AFAIK.

14. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

I dont know about GTE, but the Rebellion team in LMP1 uses TC in qualy, but no idea, if the GTE cars do it as well. I think the TC systems in GT3 are more refined as they are not limited by the rules, so it could be that they turn it off in GTE qualy.

15. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I'm enjoying the EGT mod except for one thing.
    The side mirrors are basically useless on my triple screens.
    The left and right mirrors cannot be adjusted independently and they can't be adjusted in enough.
    I read through the last 15 pages and did not see one mention of this.
    I hope URD are aware of this and are planning on fixing it.
    Apart from that it's a great mod.

16. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Agree!

17. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Yes ...we hope to have soon real usable mirrors.

18. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Any news on updates for all cars? Anything on c7r? Pics of prototypes?

19. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Nothing special at the moment. Im working on the C7r for some time but will show the model when its ready to be showed ;)

20. TurboGigi

TurboGigi Registered

@Ales
    Hello, I bought the July 25 EGT Mod
    Last night I did some tests at Sebring with Darche and the reactions of the car are as though there was stability control switched on.
    I tried to swerve the car on the start-finish straight but to no avail. The car automatically corrected the crush and not allowing it to turn into head tail.

After a hint to skid the car reacts putting the muzzle straight. It seems that rotates by itself from the opposite side, or there is on the electronic stability control.

View the video, the last 2 attempts to head the queue fail. I stay with the steering wheel turned to one side but Darche automatically turns the other way.

Front wing: 1
    Rear Wing: 10
    All aid is OFF.

Another strange thing I noticed is the braking and the low communication (feedback) of the front wheels.

Sorry for my English.

Thank you for your response.