[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

With Ferrruccio our team (me and Mini Schnauzer) went 14 for rear wing and 2 for the fronte wing!

2. Miro

Miro Registered

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I do all the the slow turns in 3th gear while you do them in second gear!

4. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Im watching and still not understanding how you are so planted. Something else going on here. Must be weird setups to do this. its as if you don't have to balance the car at all.

5. baked bean

baked bean Registered

May be the lack of suspension travel, inertia?

6. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

I can upload my lap, which was several tenth slower due to not pushing as hard and having small mistakes (my teammate was as quick as Miroslav with the same set), so you can see the diffrence between the Ferrari and the Corvette. I haven't driven the Ferrari so far, so I can't judge anything, but I know, that our setup is no weird. In that leauge the tyre pressures are limited to a minimum of 135kpa, so no super low tyre pressures going on.

7. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

I believe it. It just seems odd? Are you guys stiffening the suspension to max settings? Max arb? Raising or lowering tire pressures? Any camber or caster changes? Diff? Just cant find 3-4 sec with my set. I guess I just have to assume I am much slower than I thought. LOL

8. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

My setup is actually a bit softer than default and less agressive in terms of camber. The diff should be quite diffrent to the default.
    It is really important to get a good balance and good traction into the car.

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

With the setup you can't gain 4sec' I guess! it is 2 sec' from the setup and 2 sec' from driving skills!
    However I already did some laps and this time with soft tires and 5L and I did the slow turns in second gear I did 1'58.4! maybe I can do 1'58 but noway I can do 1'57! there are some aliens out there!:p

10. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Guess I have to play around a bit more. I should find a sec or two with setup. I just want to do a 2 even. LOL. That would make me happy

11. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Verbatim my initial reaction. For example at 0:38 after the bent straight... if I don't brake at the 400, and then crawl over the inside curb I'm off like a monkey (very heavy understeer). In this vid it's like, brake, turn wheel, accelerate.

For sure there's good driving involved by I wish I knew those setups.

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Sebring is a tricky track to fully extract the best laptime. One thing I used to catch myself doing it trying too hard to break deep. You can lose a ton of time trying to break too deep into T10 and T13. Also, there are a bunch of different lines through T17 and some are much faster than others. Also, softening up the setup will let you use the curbs more which helps a bunch in T7, 13, 15 and 16. Oh... then there is T1... You can carry a lot of speed there if you turn in at the perfect spot. What I do is check my speed right as I reach the end of the curb at the exit. The more I practice the higher that number goes. Also, be sure to not over drive T4 because it will blow your line entering T5 which affects your speed entering the hairpin. Come to think about it... Sebring is just all around tricky. :) One of my favorite tracks.

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

However I prefer to drive realistic rather than going too much faster unrealistically!
    I respect the driver in the video above, but if you drive like that in real life you will brake your car after 3 turns!

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

What part of his driving are you referring to? If you refering to his use of the curbs then that is totally realistic. They nail the curbs in real life too. Just look at how much dirt is normally on the track from people nailing that curb on the left when exiting the hairpin. They actually nail that curb in real life more than I have been able to nail it in the sim. Some of the curbs at Sebring have benefit and some don't. If you watch real laps you will notice they stay away from the same ones you avoid in the sim and use the same ones you use in the sim.

15. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

I agree his gear changes in the vid are unrealistic. Biggest thing to me is a real driver keeps his momentum for example t2. Goes 3-2-3 so quickly. Seems to benefit from slowing inertia rather than keeping it.

16. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

What kind of times are you running Noel? Im done after this post though. We have hijacked Ales s thread enough. LOL
    Sorry Ales

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

His use of the curbs is too aggressive and the gear shifting is too fast! You will brake your gear after half lap shifting like that!These cars are endurance cars and they are built to last and you can't treat the gear and suspension like that!

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I assume by T2 you are actually referring to T3? If you carry too much speed exiting T3 it blows your line through T4 and T5 which drops your speed entering the hairpin. That whole complex is very important.

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Hmm, and yet he can... :p

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes in rf2 he does!:p