[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Yeah i did :) And yes ive tryed that in the past. It happens once you save the dds with shadow layer up. I hate that to but couldnt resolve that yet.

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

.dds is a very agressive image format and known to cause artifacts, for very dark textures .tga might be a better but more 'costly' format.

3. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

@Tosch I can see this all over in rF2. Last week I have calibrated brightness, contrast and gamma (with a cool tool called aida) on my displays.
    With my now better calibrated displays and your hdr profiles (for build 660) the reflection works most time in a good way and also the colours looks now much better but this greenish patches are still there.
    I think we should open a bug report by ISI. What do you think about it? Should we ?

4. Tosch

Tosch Registered

5. UnitedRacingDesign

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Ferruccio cockpit looks great! keep up the good work.

7. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

As usual.......looks amazing Ales! :)

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

9. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Thanks! How do you get a normal ISI second HUD on the bottom left hand side. Would be v useful.

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There are some issues with these huds, I can only use the left bottom ones as everything else makes the info box be placed in locations I don't want. It's a limitation I have to put up with in order to get the most important aspect (the little dial hud) in my game :(.

11. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Could someone offer some advice for the AM at Sebring?

I'm running the stock setup, pretty decent line and brake points, get 2:09. The AI at 100% does 2:01. While I certainly need to practice more I don't think there are 8 seconds waiting to be found just by cleaner driving... is the stock setup maybe too tame (too much downforce?)

Related: Are you guys running TC with these cars - as the real ones have it, would it be considered realistic?

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

13. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

@Tosch @Ales
    This is a very interesting observation. I've spend tons of ours to eliminate this patches.
    I've read many posts about it (here in the forum) but this is the first time I read a possible reason for this behavior. I don't know why some people can't see them maybe it has something to do with the display type and quality.
    I use 24" Iiyama displays and I'm sure this displays are not low quality. All displays are wired with dvi. I've noticed this behavior (some time ago) also with the old ISI F35 (not tested again actualy). If you can find a solution for this it would be fantastic because since ISI has improved the hdr and lighting in rF2 I'm really satisfied with the visuals but this greenish patches are immersion breaker and I've no idea what I can do against it.

14. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Some stuff to read. :D

https://code.google.com/p/gimp-dds/wiki/DxtCompressionQuality
    https://code.google.com/p/nvidia-texture-tools/wiki/HighQualityDXTCompression

15. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Ales, yours and URD team work is simply...FANTASTIC! It worth every little penny!!!!!!
    I've also have been running it in a league and the GTs are just..WOOOOOW!
    Nothing like getting home at night after a hard-days-work and put some laps with the AM at Le Mans (thanks VLM!)!!!!!!!! THAT'S what simracing is all about!
    ...and now the Protos...WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

16. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

@Ales sorry for being OT :p

@tosch
    Thx for links :) If I understand it correct it depends from the used compression type (choice of artist) and also from the hardware manfacturer in my case nvidia or is it hardware independed ?
    Can I influence this prozess on the client side for example with some special nvidia driver settings (for example texture quality or something else)
    Should we discuss this in a own thread ?

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ales, are there plans to "strengthen" the body parts at all? by that I mean I have the most minimal contact and my front or rear bumper goes for a dance off the track, whilst it looks good, to me it's not true to life in the fact that a simple little tap causes seperation. Just a query :)

On a side note it would be cool to have the bumpers split up into maybe 3 sections, so if you did whack the left front then that part gets damaged, maybe even dented inwards before a heavier contact causes it to fall off. Not sure if that's even possible in RF2, just dreaming!

18. UnitedRacingDesign

Yeah damage will be adjusted but no more parts will be added. We are allready at some point with alot of them actually and more parts would allready hit fps to. Overall i guess once ISI finished damage model it will look good.

19. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Will you add reduced grip etc when areo parts fall off? Currently I notice no difference.

20. gneffio

gneffio Registered

Well, when I loose the front bumper I start to understeer a lot, the opposite when I loose rear diffuser. So I think it's already modeled. :)