[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

Second that. Please! ;)

2. dargvader

dargvader Registered

Third that ha ha ha :rolleyes:

3. sg333

sg333 Registered

Last actual update was 23 November.

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Ales, do you have some issues to complete this mod?. you were releasing one car every 2 weeks, but now it has been 2 and half months without any update!

5. TJones

TJones Registered

Only my estimation, but i think this "one car every two weeks" timeframe is only achievable with very high workload, maybe 60+ hours per week. Could imagine it's hard to keep such a pace over a longer time. Maybe he decided to reduce working pace a bit this year.

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

Still, almost 3 months with no updates, for payware, has a lot of us raising eyebrows. This is an issue which I guess was going to crop up at some point.

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Indeed...

8. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

This is mod was always going to be such a massive undertaking. It's no surprise to me that it's taking a while to realise such an ambitious project.

I'm pretty sure Ales said the next update will feature all the GT cars complete with finished cockpits, so hopefully it will be worth the wait. Having said that, I understand the frustration at the lack of updates, particularly as this is quite an expensive pay mod. To be fair to Ales, he is always on the forums answering questions but it would be nice to have a few more screenshots or video clips to see how the mod is progressing.

Perhaps in future it's best to wait for the finished mods before laying down cash, but I guess we are all impatient to try these mods and support their development by buying into them early.

9. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

There were issues, ive explained it to-cockpit references. And i know you guys are waiting for it and you wont be disapointed on that, again we worked in the time we waited for references on future cars that will come to. If now is something late to we had to push it sofar, later other cars will be sooner done.

10. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Yep. Payware brings potential problems with it that freeware will never have. And I say that as first-hour supporter of payware mods. I purchased this TWICE (because I thought 10 was too cheap a price) when the AM Cockpit seemed mere weeks away.

I still trust Ales will all make us very happy, but it's not been the pleasant experience it promised to be.

New Silverstone is out... once the GT set is complete I'll need a week vacation.

11. ethone

ethone Registered

With frequent updates people complain about incomplete or work-in-progress parts (like cockpits).
    When Ales announces there will be no more incomplete versions, only "full" ones in response, people start worrying because of the lack of updates.

Decide what you actually want guys.

12. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

This!

13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I think it's less about "deciding what we want" but about changing release plans mid-way. For which he has stated his reasons and they are to be respected, also the additional cars are a nice bonus. Still, it sucks to wait for a complete three-car set when we might have had one cockpit or another earlier in a step-wise release.

14. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Just leave the man alone and let him work. We all paid him and things changed. Get over it. Be flexible. Ales will do right by us all. When things are complete he will tell us. Its not like rF2 is everything. Live your life and relax about it. I swear you people are going to make it so the great modding community we sim racers have is going to disapear completely. Sorry for being blunt but it has to be said.

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

No.

All that goes out the window when money is involved.

16. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Not really. We're always being told to be patient with rF2, it will get there in the end etc, etc.....we all paid money for it.

17. Miro

Miro Registered

I just asked for a bone :(.

18. sg333

sg333 Registered

Not referring to RF2, moreso paid content for it. "yeah yeah we'll get there eventually" isnt really good enough when people are paying for it. It's OK for a free modder, but expectations SHOULD be higher when you are paying for it.

That said, I understand what is happening and why, but three months is a long time with no 'bone' as Mrslfrsl says ;)

19. UnitedRacingDesign

We never asked for more or less but we still decided to give more while we run into trouble with reference and added extra 400 hours of hard work per car wich will be 2 of them actually at no additional cost and a car that is free to all to.
    There were like 4 cars planned at the preorder price and we have grown the package to 6 cars in total now without free vette. We even added and will still add some updates to cars in diferent bumper, wing styles that were not planned or Venom diferent cockpit styles.
    I really dont want to argue on anything on this, it was my decision on some cars beein delayed at this costs and giving you something more for that to as a compensations.
    Our last updates were end of november, counting from that time its just over 2 months(while half of december is something we all want to take some time with our familys) now since last update as explained few times why this happened and ive asked for understanding.
    I can ensure you that this wasnt planend and for sure is not ideal for us eather but im not going to release half baked stuff out anymore as its clear that this was mistake ive done before but as mentioned to all of this the mod has grown to some big size, packaging system for sure doesnt help and leagues have there problems now so as private servers to redownload, reinstall and so on wich doesnt really fit well anymore for a single cockpit update.

20. UnitedRacingDesign

Yes you are right and i think we are doing exactly that. You do have to understand to that we are doing big stuff with alot of cars and only I am full time on this while i model, texture, ingame stuff i even have to follow the forum, emails, shop and coordinate our team wich is not big but still everything takes time.

There was a bone 2 weeks ago? 3d model progress of exterior italian car ;) I didnt put the car yet ingame as im working on some more rims texturing now, lods and texturing on the car than it goes into game :) For cockpits you know from past that we barely do some ingame screens before release, especially from 3d models onl as in 3d programs they dont look like ingame.

And btw, i need some driver names for our cars.