[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Tu parles d'un commentaire insignifiant.

2. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I'll have to try the Corvette, then!

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Hi guys, just letting you know that im following youre conversations here and noting everything down :) Not that you think im gone. News will be posted next week, im having some family time these days as 2013 was really hard working year.

Best wishes to you and youre familiys from URD team!

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thx. Enjoy these days :)

5. Jetliner

Jetliner Registered

Okay, so of course nobody wants to be "That guy" but given that it's an item that will be taking my money if I choose to get it, I do want to cover the bases. ;)

Just real quick, anyone who knows, really --
    1. Is this worth buying NOW, or is it going to be complete soon enough that I should wait to be absolutely sure I am interested?
    2. Are the strange car names to avoid copy write, or just there for... fun?
    3. Finally -- Will the Proto and GT package come as one, or two purchases? (possibly a silly question.)

6. triebie

triebie Registered

Just a quick answer and a tip:
    considering you being new to this forum, you should take a few minutes and read through this thread.
    After that you`ll see that all of your questions already have been answered.

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Thats a cruel thing to say Triebie ....especially on page 106 :)

buy it ,you wont regret it. not like its a months wages.

8. UnitedRacingDesign

hehe, that is true. No problem for me to answer some questions again as i know we talked about alot of stuff here and some pages have no info.

Well to answer Jetliner:

1. that is completly youre decision, there are still some unfinished cars but we are working on them plus adding more of them. Vette 2013 free car from us that shows quality of our work to and you can make decision on that i guess.
    2. yes and no its not just for fun
    3. 2-packages-that is posted in first post

:)

9. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

Jetliner, quick answer to question #1 (could be longer, but you ask for it): "YES!"

... am I yelling :eek:?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2014
  10. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Right now, only the free Corvette seems finished, and it is very good quality. The Venom and Bayro are almost there visually and physics-wise, but still need some work, the other two look nice but are not close to being finished. The full field of AI works really well together already and is fully usable. If all cars end up like the Corvette, it will surely be worth the price.

11. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Agree - if like me you cant drive in empty/messy cockpits wait a bit and see when they will be finished. Hopefully not a long wait and THEN it will be worth every penny :)

12. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

AFAIK, the Z4 GTE is based off of the Z4 GT3. They do not make a Z4 with a V8, and ACO rules forbid engine swapping. The car is waivered in, and I believe the agreement is that the Z4 GTE will never see Le Mans in return for being able to run in the ALMS / TUSCC. It's illegal entirely, and that is why you won't see them showing up at Le Mans any time soon. GT3 rules however allow it. I highly doubt the Z4 GTE will be leaving the US any time soon, to put it simply.

The Viper was also waivered in, however it's engine is available in the street car of the same model, SRT wanted to race at Le Mans and had done so before so that was basically a non issue. Corvette was moving towards "smaller" engines anyways, rather than the 7L they were using in the GT1 days, so getting down to a 5.5L (from 6 once they switched to GT2) was probably planned anyways in GTE, though most likely with the C7R rather than in 2010.

Ever notice the Z4 GTE looks radically different from the other GTEs? It's because it's a GT3 car as it's basis. Take a look at the bodywork and it will be a dead giveaway that it's not based on the road car at all. In some areas, GT3 is more open than GTE, even within those categories. The Super GT-esque widebody kit the Z4 gets should be a fairly easy tell compared to the competition. So, not all of them conform to the rules, but if it's a manufacturer who wants to race why not let them?

The Z4 GTE basically takes the rule book and throws it out the window in favor of "well, it's sorta similar enough to the M3 we used to run but we want to run this now so can we kinda please do this please?"... and then the BoP takes care of it to the point where now no one cares. When that car came out though there was a ruckus.

So yes, the Bayro is of the same class as the other cars in this mod, and yes, that is correct. Just don't take it to Le Mans or the ACO will hunt you down. :)

13. Goat

Goat Registered

This is not true at all. The 7L was not allowed a waiver, Corvette was forced to use a motor that fit the rules in order to compete in GT2 class. (They switched class before the end of the 2009 season and were granted a waiver to finish the year with a de-stroked 7L, but they were required to use a motor that fit the rules their first full season in GT2) Somehow the Viper got a waiver for an eight liter which I think is the biggest joke in the class.

I do agree with the rest of your post in regards to the BMW.

Goat

14. UnitedRacingDesign

Soo guys, we are now all fully back and next version will be available next week with new cockpit, wich one we will see end of this week-am or darche but im tipping for darche first and a week later for am. After that italian car will be added and than the american muscle car we talked about.

Some are reporting issues on servers for crashing, any ideas what is that causing? Ive seen few threads about that but no confirmation actually by ISI what exactly is it. To those that got the issues can you explain when exactly is that happening and how please.

15. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Thx, very good news!

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I have noticed a lot more stability issues with the current build. My dedi server was stable before but since the update it has crashed a couple times and users have reported issues with their games crashing too. I am not serving this mod, but it has been an issue for the past couple of weeks.

17. sg333

sg333 Registered

Great news! Hope you all enjoyed your holiday break :)

18. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

Very very very well!
    I am happy about the future of EGT-mod and it's hard to wait for more content ;-)

19. Miro

Miro Registered

How far away are the prototypes approximately?
    Just asking out of league interest. Something like 3 months, 4 or 5?
    Do not need an exact answer just so I can put in the picture.

20. UnitedRacingDesign

Completly finished? That is hard to tell, most of PX1/PX2 wich are similar and race in both classes less BUT the most important ones(new PX1 2014) could take about 3/4 months for sure.
    And we are going to release PX cars with complete cockpits right away but car after car. Once 2 cars are ready we will give it a go with that package.