[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

Vielen Dank Ales, bin schon am Bericht...
    Thank you Ales, i still writing at our blog.

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Hmm... I have some problems with duplicates here... I uninstalled old 0.8 version first but in game menu I have duplicates of Bayro, Darche and AM. Two #97 and two #98 of AM, etc...

I noticed only a few cars had blurred rims, but you said all should have it now. This makes me think that the old cars are still installed. So I uninstalled the mod and checked mod manager for old 0.8 car, talent and sound files, but I could not find any. So, I installed 0.9 version again but same problem. Duplicates of all cars.

Btw, is Corvette released separately or together with the other EGT cars? The reason I ask is that I did uninstall the Corvette before installing the latest 0.9 EGT, but still I have the Corvette in game and now I'm not sure if it was installed with the EGT cars or if my mod manager fails to uninstall the cars of some reason :confused: Really confused here...

I have tried the "duplicates" to see if they are new version or old version... To me it looks like it actually is the new version because the sounds are tweaked and the Darche feels different.

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

If duplicate than there must be something still from old, uninstall and go to rFactor2\Installed\Vehicles, delete any folder named with our cars except Corvette and install new package of EGT. They can load up duplicate but some can load and some wont load all the new files if something old is still there.

Yes Corvette is separeted and will allways be like that.

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes I have found the problem now... it was the stupid mod manager that did not tell me the 0.8 version was used by a mod (like it usually does). It did only uninstall sound and talent files but left the vehicle file without telling me...
    Now I have uninstalled the mod and remaining vehicle files so problem solved :D hehe

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Ok, so now when it's working as it should I can give some feedback :p

I agree with baked bean, Darche feels really good. And the sound is better. (Nice with tire sounds :)) The transmission sound increases gradually on the higher gears, but I wonder if it isn't a bit too silent now? (compared to onboard videos). The AI sound level is still very low. I'm using player car audio settings at 80% and opponents at 50%. This works well with other mods, but with EGT cars I can't hear the opponents at all while racing and while watching replay they sounds more like electric cars :p

Overall, a nice update with the blurred rims, physics and sound tweak.

6. UnitedRacingDesign

If youre refering to Darche, dont worry, new sounds for that car are in work. For onboard sounds, well the hood/roof or incar sounds are diferent from sounds, with rf2 we have same sounds for this and Davide tryed to orient himself more on the actually driver cam onboard videos but yes we are thinking to volume opponent bit more up as default, you can still reduce that on youre own if somebody would prefer that.

7. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

My feedback:
    Cars are moving into right directions. It's more fun to drive them now. Darche is a lot faster now, it's moving around more, same goes for the Aston Martin (which I used to like, now I love it. It's just dancing like a balerina and very easy to manage. Great improvement). Bayro feels about the same? It's now the worst car out there. Tyre sounds are improved. I love how the cars feel right now (I'm not so sure if Baryo was touched becasue it doesn't feel anything like the other cars it feels planted and dead somehow... I believe it is the case for some time now) Venom is about the same, maybe small difference here and there but not big enough to pinpoint what's different.

However what you've done to Darche and Merlin is veeeeeery good. It feels like you really listened to the feedback that we gave you. Cars feel more alive now, while driving reasonably they are all stable and on the limit they start to dance, it is very controlable, fun. Just massive improvement here.

What still hurts is the brake feel. You still can smash the brakes and keep on pushing them to the max for long way and don't see any actual locking the wheels.

These brakes are huge, powerful and they should be able to lock if you don't use threshold braking. I was really trying to lock them up. Didn't really manage that (I mean with reasonable setup because it should lock up even with good setup once you overdo your braking). If you improve that and I don't mean give us more braking power, not at all, just make this brakes the way they could BITE the discs and lock the wheels if you stomp on the brakes when you shouldn't be able to. More bite and this will be amazing.

Keep on the good work. It is improving. Just consider it and you may find some really good feedback from more people. :)

8. RJames

RJames Registered

Ok guys i've updated the URD server to include the latest mod.

Regards

Rob

9. UnitedRacingDesign

Thx Rob

10. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

I don't get this, I can lock up the EGT cars as easy as all the other cars available for rF2. Have you checked your pedals? And brake pressure ?

Anyway, I agree with you Ronnie, for every step this mod is getting better and better. However it will be even more awesome when we get some prototypes. :rolleyes:

11. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Sure, I'm not alone in this. There are many others that feel the same about them.

What I ask is just a bit more bite. I'm not asking to redo the brakes. When you hit brake pedal with 100 % brake pressure set on and keep on smashing the brake pedal for longer than first initial moments and still don't lock up, it's a bit off. :) Just try it. Go to Poznań for example and there's this slow right turn after this bump on the left in S2, when you are there just hit the brakes and don't let go. Tell me if you lock them. I couldn't and believe me I tried. :D

12. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

i also agree on this, it was actually my second feedback i gave to Ales, right after: the car feels just... right.. awesome

13. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

I'm not sure if you guys tried the original releases of this mod or not, but if you recall the first couple versions had braking issues where a slight tap on the brakes would send the car spinning. 2 or maybe 3 updates back, Ales fixed that problem (presumably by moving the brake bias forward, along with engine brake mapping changes maybe) so the cars no longer spun when braking at all.

I think that if whichever changes were made to fix that original issue were dialed back just a *tiny* bit, then it would be in the sweet spot. I don't think it is too far off now though, it is still worlds better now than it was when it was first released.

14. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

To be honest Ales, last update put me off just a tad, but this version more than makes up for it.
    My favorite has always been the Darche, it just seems to fit me, the Bayro I drove a little, but it just doesn't seem to fit the way I drive. What I like about this mod is that all cars are extremely different in how you must drive them. It is marvelous!

I don't know how you might improve upon physics of Darche from here, it is really feeling sweet.

Now I must put on my noobie hat. I know what the bar is and why it is, in the Vette, but I'll be darned if I can stand more than a couple of laps in it.

No matter where I adjust my seat to... at some point in a turn, I cannot see where the heck I want to go.
    Do I adjust my attitude, find a secret seat adjustment, or beg for an "option". I like how the Vette feels and drives but it is just weird.

Bottom line though, I'm sure glad I put some money in on your group!!

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Brake pressure on some cars are set low as default. 90% for Darche, for example. But even with 100% it is still very hard to lock up the brakes. I have to agree with Ronnie here. I have also said it before. I can smash the brake pedal and use full pressure for 98% of the braking zone. The only time I can lock up just a little bit is the very last part of the braking, where I need to release pressure a bit. Like Ronnie said, I think these brakes should be able to really "bite" if not using ABS.

16. Black75

Black75 Registered

AM is more funny than last version: well done!
    Keep up the good work! ;)

17. Goat

Goat Registered

I don,t know why your cars respond different than mine but I can lock the brakes at full speed on the mid ohio back straight with no problem (Darche & Vette)... may be it is track specific? I know there are settings in the track files to control tarmac grip.

Anyway,... I am loving this mod. the Darche Sounds are among the best I have ever heard.!!!

Goat

18. Andregee

Andregee Registered

It is normally that the brakes don´t lock at high Speed, because of the downforce, which decreases by slowing down, so that the Brakes are able to lock at the end of the way.

19. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Thanks for this update Ales. It's remarkable to see the pace with which this MOD evolves. Definitely a big improvement on the physics. I do feel however, especially on the Darche for now as I havent played with the settings of the others a lot, that there is a tad too much overall grip. The behaviour of the tires is very good though, its just that I think the cars are little too fast. With the Darche for example, my first impressions is that there might be too much downforce; when maxing it, the car feels stuck to the road like a formula car and the cornering speeds seem to high.

Does anyone share this feeling?

20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Try to read what I said. Stomp on them whatever your speed is. Doesn't matter if it's 290 km/h or 70 km/h. Just stomp on them and don't let go until you stop. You will just gradually start losing speed. Just constant retardation nothing else. I guarantee you that a car with huge, powerful brakes that these cars have would lock wheels if you were too eager (read: hit them with fat foot) on the brakes or on them for too long. Even F1 cars with their massive slicks and immense downforce lock wheels even when driver uses 50% of braking power. See my point? ;>