[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I thought as much ;) but it will already be great without the Prancing Elk... :p

2. zonder

zonder Registered

What is the weight of EGT cars is it 1325kg?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

1250+driver should be around 1325kg that yes.

4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

75 for a fully suited driver? Not a sport for me then ;)

BTW, a technical question for the real cars: My last GT Simming was when Sequential Sticks were all the rage. Now it seems this year's cars all have Paddles. Does this mean they have automatic clutch, or are the paddles just a mechanical replacement for the stick?

5. UnitedRacingDesign

"An ALMS GT car has a partially automatic clutch. Upshifts are mostly automatic, though can be driver controlled. Downshifts are driver controlled. There is a clutch pedal, this is used as normal though it is not needed for computer controlled upshifts. Heel-toe techniques are still needed for downshifting. " From what i know.

6. benhaha

benhaha Registered

Is the sound of the Corvette accurate? Because if it is OH MY GOD that is the best sounding car ever.

Even better than my old favourite the Mercedes SLS GT3 that I saw at brands hatch this year. That thing was amazing.

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

From what I have experienced there is no need to use heel-toe technique with your EGT cars. I always drive with all aids off, so I need to blip throttle when downshifting with ISI's historic cars and I also use it for the Corvette, otherwise it unsettles the car. However, when driving your EGT cars I have took for granted that these cars could be driven without the use of clutch, because I just slam the brakes and do speedy downshifts. So far I have never been able to unsettle the car that way. Are the cars too forgiving?

8. asehauDLM

asehauDLM Registered

Well from what I know there's no need to use the heel-toe technique in these EGT cars. In the Porsche 997 GT3 Cup you still have to use it but if you check inboard videos from BMW Z4 GT3 or Mercedes SLS GT3 you see they don't use the clutch under braking. I think it shouldn't be different to the GTE cars...

9. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

ADAC GT Masters, which are Gt3 cars, are using sequential gear shifting. Hope that is correct english word ;) they shift up and down with padels at the steering wheel. The clutch is only used, when starting the car. That's what an Audi r8 LMS ultra driver told me.

10. UnitedRacingDesign

Yeah they use clutch only on stoping and rolling. I had a video a while ago from 24h lemans 2013 porsche but cant find it. On one forum about C6.r ive read that its computer controled like mentioned above but for up and down shifting actually.

11. C3PO

C3PO Registered

No heel-and-toe for upshifts or downshifts.

12. zonder

zonder Registered

Hi just stopped by to say Thank You for that cars, Very nice to drive, noticed that Darche changed a bit since last update, easier to drive for me, i also noticed massive camber i know it is very track dependant just i'm suprised it can vary like that, after setting camber according to temperature indication i'm getting just slight amount of camber on Poznan track like f/r -0.5/-0.3 i try to level temp on both sides of tire am i doing it right? In general i found default setups very friendly.
    Thanks again and looking forward to see more of your work

13. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

This is on every racing car, it is designed for you to take inside curbs in corners to add even more weights to outside wheels, increasing grip, but only in case maximum tyre patch is touching the road - massive camber, if your driving style is avoiding curbs or simply the specific track has too agressive curbs, than you need to reduce the camber a lot

14. Andregee

Andregee Registered

There is no automatic clutch. It doesn´t exists in professional motor racing. The gearbox shifted with paddles is a sequential one, which allows you to shift, without using the manual clutch via auto lift and auto blib. Only in some cars with a sequential shifter you have to use heel & toe, but not in all, mostly with older systems. An automatic clutch is only used bei serial cars like SMART with an automated gearbox which ist based on an usual manual gearbox.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
  15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

This I can guarentee; there is a clutch, but it's only used to start from a complete standstill, like exiting your pit box...

It's not used during gear changes... The engine management sorts that, once the paddle or sequential stick is pull either the fuel or the ignition or both is cut... If only ignition is cut you'll get the bang and possible backfire because there is unburned fuel in the exhaust system, from previous cycle cause there were no ignition to burn that fuel due to gear change... It's a waste of fuel so it's rarely seen in top professional racing... :)

This I can't guarentee; in some GT cars I've heard that nurse the materials drivers are lifting during upshifts anyhow and sometimes even clutching when downshifting... Depends on how well-adjusted and optimized the whole system is I guess...

16. dargvader

dargvader Registered

Hi Ales is there an update this week ? Great mod want the italian car so much ha ha , thanks

17. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Bjorn, ignition cuts only work during upshifts (at least on my motorbike with speed shifter). I don't think it works for downshifts?

Or would that be the "Auto Blip" mentioned above...

18. UnitedRacingDesign

Yes, EGT and vette(cockpit) update will come.

19. lukadeu

lukadeu Registered

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Exactly... sorry if that wasn't clear :)

But most top prof managements cuts both upon upshifts.