[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes, you can assign 2 buttons setting-controller- brake bias and it is very important option that you can use during the race!

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Can't wait to see some bad ass skin packs for these babies.

3. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Awesome job on the C6.R Ales. Loving the mean look of the widebody Vette. 2 small issues early on, the car seems faster then the rest of the pack and maybe a little too shiny compared to the rest. Great job tho, this mod just keeps getting better all around.

4. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

How much faster is it? Can others please confirm that? For beeing to shiny, its effect more of yellow color only sofar, car has completly same settings as all others but on soe tracks ive noticed like lemans or nords it shines more becase some of track parts dont reflect corectly. Ive noticed ethone about that and he will add missing parts for that.

I have fixed now for all cars beeing stuck in grass or gravel to, adjusted Darche to be more competitive to, some gear adjustments and overall setup, will add AI setups for lemans to.

5. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

I drive same times at Limerock no chicanes with Vette, Venom and Merlin (around 46,5). I haven`t tried others from new build yet.

6. UnitedRacingDesign

Default setup and/or AI times? If its default setups than this is bit hard to compare as cars are diferent for sure and they need to be adjusted, especially for this track as one is topspeed that mathers there alot and default setups are more setuped to slow tracks and is car depended from its own performence and behavior.

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I tested both the C6r and the Bayro at Lemans, both with my setup and the C6r is faster than the Bayro about 3-4 sec! don't know about the AM and the Veno though!

8. yanaran

yanaran Registered

Ales, the difference is not that big with better setups. I changed the AI setups to minimum downforce and longer gearing, and the Vettes where 0.5-1 second faster than the AMs and Bayro's around VLM's la Sarthe. This matches fairly well with my own experience, I just did a lap each and got 4'00.6 in the AM and 3'59.7 in the Vette on fairly similar driving. That difference could easily be down to cars needing slightly different setups.

edit for John:
    In the .plr you can change these settings from 0 to 1:

Fixed Setups="1" // use fixed setups specified in UserData\<plr>\FavoriteAndFixedSetups.gal (based on track and vehicle class)
    Fixed AI Setups="1" // whether AI use the fixed setups, only applicable if "Fixed Setups" is also enabled (and can be used in single player to have the AIs use your favorite setup)

The AI will then use the "default" setting you make for the car (save a setting, then set "assign" as default). It's not perfect because all cars of this class (EGT5) will use the same setup "file" which will result in slightly different settings in the garage screen. For instance if you make a setup for the Bayro and assign that as default, the Venom will have messed up gear ratios and only reach 250 or so to speed.

9. UnitedRacingDesign

Hmm, might be that i will have to add specific hdvs in future for such tracks becase the diferente is big from normal to this kinda track in topspeeds and settings AI need to have a race.

10. ethone

ethone Registered

In the online sessions I've been in the times were close, at least between the AM, Bayro and Venom.

You shouldn't test it with AI without proper setups, at which point you should just test it yourself with your own setups.

11. bwana

bwana Registered

Without reading 68 pages was just wondering If your aware of environmental reflections inside the cockpit of the vette? loving the mod btw.. guess it may be rectified when cockpit is completed?

12. UnitedRacingDesign

Yeah ive checked on the servers to and it seems all car are close in mp when real people drive them from am to vette sofar. AI and default setups are something completly diferent and one setup should not actually fit exactly to another car completly.

Yeah, this cockpit is only for exterior views only. Will be completly diferent when done ;)

13. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

My original test was with modified AI setups at Malaysia (I find its a nice mix of high/low speed turns and top speed). Since my post I tested further with me actually driving the cars and messing with setups. The Vette is still a couple tenths faster but that might be just cuz I'm used to its driving style more. Unless you get a lot more complaints I'd probably ignore my post about that :)

As far as the shiny body, in yellow its actually not bad. I painted a couple of skins with darker colors tho and that's when I really noticed the shine. Maybe its something with the shaders in my game, I'll double check.

14. UnitedRacingDesign

You got skins to work? So they load with no problem? And did you save it as dxt5 and used the alpha chanel that is inside?

15. DEK

DEK Registered

You have to take the background layer and save it as dxt5. then it works for me.

But only offline:confused:when i choose it under "all cars ...", when i choose it in a mod it stays yellow.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013
  16. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

I do my own .veh files and repackage everything for offline use so the missing skin files don't matter to me. I deleted all my shaders and messed around with the alpha channel and now everything is the same accross the board for all the cars. So there you go, sorry for wasting your time ha :)

17. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi.

I noticed the vettes are faster than the other ai cars as well. Doing an offline race at sebring I finished 1st in a bayro, but all the vettes took the next 5 or 6 spots leaving everything else behind.

When I got the mod yesterday, the 1st thing I did was select a venom and loaded lemans. The default setup had almost same ratios for 5th and 6th gear(so close that in the garage it looked like a 5 speed). Obviously an easy fix in the garage, but it will severely slow the ai on a high speed track.

I noticed going into the sandtraps the front end would instantly dig in and the car would tumble end over end. When I switched to the bayro the sandtraps became much safer, tho it still happened occasionally. Is this whats causing the bayro to occasionally spin out while braking in a straight line?

Regards.

18. UnitedRacingDesign

Guys i will skip this week new version and concentrate on cockits now, fix few more things up and so on. Except the vette wich you allready got, there were small improvments overall on all cars like i mentioned once today, fixed few things but uploading/downloading would not be worthed now.

19. tjc

tjc Registered

Sounds good Ales... :)

20. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

We'll forgive you. ;) Everyone will get moire exited for the next version though!