[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

Hello, I must be really bad simracer, to me, if a bit accelerated over the account goes back to me right away, if floor lock brake more and not take this curve and a tennis AI 1h 30min. On the other hand I have seen many videos of these cars onboard, I am a fan of ALMS and European resistance, hardly make corrections and rarely a top, no, or I do not do the settings or just go to the limit all the while, but either go with everything you care or you do not if it ever happens to me.
    I think the physics of these cars is fine, each model is conducted differently, feels differently and has to be configured differently.
    We may like more or less but the truth is not always difficult and sometimes we confuse reality.

In any respect your opinion, as I hope mine respected.

2. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

As you wish. Just giving my feedback and opinion on things. ;)

3. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Of course I respect you opinion. Who do you think I am? :p Just a fellow simracer with his own mind. Can accept and welcome different opinions. ^^

However about these corrections they make. It's not like they don't have to. They always leave a very small margin for mistakes and that makes driving more predictable and during raceday it is better to lose couple of tenths per lap than couple of secounds because of spin, destroying your tyres and possibly your car if obstacles are around.

However they still drive madly fast during raceday almost matching times from qualy. But that's just driving fast, not on the limit. :) I said it before. Cars should scamper once you hit the limit, just below it and it becomes tamed puppy. :)

Like I said, I was just giving my feedback and expressing my feelings.

4. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Feedback and opinons are allways welcome :) I do have to say to that our physics are here and there oriented alot on ISI vette actually but few things that are aparently from 2009 cars were adjusted to what info we got to match more 2013, sometimes it doesnt need alot to change to get alot of diferent effect. Moving a rear wing when rules change, making car wider, adding bigger wheels front and new tires are completly changing the car feel and make it far more stable as example this are those changes from our EGT cars to ISI vette.

5. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

Hello, tell partner to comment about respect for my bad English, it does not actually speak or write and how to post the google translate if you never misinterpret me and would not it look like it personally because they are so opposite opininones.

6. Andregee

Andregee Registered

If you have everything under control while driving, you are not fast enough. Come on push the pedal to metal, drive faster und and you will reach the Limit, where it is difficult to control the car. It is not very difficult to drive a racecar fast, it is difficult to be faster than the competitor

7. ethone

ethone Registered

I think some of you are confusing "difficult to keep from spinning" with "difficult to go fastest". There are more kinds of difficulty than oversteer.
    GT cars in general and those set up for endurance racing even more so need to be stable.

I actually find the cars somewhat difficult to turn and to slow down right to the spot. Miss corner entry by half a meter and you'll also miss the apex by at least that much. It's a different kind of difficulty, one I've rarely experienced in sim racing in a fair while.

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

It took me quite a few laps and adjustments to set up the Bayro, but once I hit the sweet spot the car feels amazing. I can drive it fast, and on the edge, but I also know when I'm pushing too much and the car reacts as I would expect. The default setup is very understeery, and feels quite odd overall. I havent spent much time playing with the others yet so I dont know if the same adjustments would work for all cars, but I have to say it's a GREAT experience once you get it to feel right :)

9. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Really? ok... Reeaaaally?

Btw don't confuse driving on the limit with overdriving. It's not the same.

Difficult to keep from spinning and difficult to go fastest have the same result.

All the cars? Strange becasue I find only Darsche to be very understeery. You can counter it with a proper setup but still the car has understeery nature. Bayro a bit too, but much less. You can change this and that to make it neutral and very driveable. Venom is tad oversteery but it's quite easy to manage. Very catchable. The most neutral from them all is Arthur Marlin, I just had a quick race with Mrslfrsl, Backed Bean, Petra and someone else, can't remember (whoever you were, sorry :p). My setup was pretty much default with changed gear ratios and steering lock. Had slicks put on. This car is very very enjoyable to drive. After some more time with this one I can definitely say that I'm liking this car more and more with each moment with it. Traction and grip mid corner is quite good. What still bothers me is that it still feels like driving with ABS on, becasue apart from moments when I hit curb quite hard while being on brakes, I couldn't lock them. That were the only moments I managed to lock for a brief moment one wheel.

I need some more time with Venom but right now Arthur Marlin feels more or less ok. It can be improved for sure. There's not a long way to make it perfect. :)
    Bayro is a mixture of Darsche and Marlin. With right setup it can be very, very driveable. It is the best car under braking I think.
    Darsche is understeering like a pig. It's ok to drive but needs some serious setup work to make it turn a bit better.

After some more time with this mod I'm starting to like it more but still there are things that bother me. Will see how things will develop. I'm hopeful.

They are fun cars to race and drive but I like when a car keeps me on my toes. With these I could get myself relaxed while laping consistantly without any nasty surprises. ^^

One thing that I can say straight away is: These cars are absolutely beautiful. They look fabulous. Easily the best looking cars for rF2 right now. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
  10. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Hi Ron, thing is mate Ales himself said that he wants people to be able to just pick up and drive this mod with minimal fuss and wants to keep it fun, if its isi level of detail in physics you want, i dont think its happening here dude. :)
    I must say though as each week has brought a new car the feeling has improved, Venom, Aston, feel best but i still think the down force and grip are to much imo. I dont like the Bayro too much, there is understeer from hell if you dont use highest down force on the front end, and thats the same more or less with all 4 cars if you ask me, i can drive the Bayro flat out,4th, 5th gear turning full lock left to right, left to right on a straight and never leave it.:D

11. Ben Chalk

Ben Chalk Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013
  12. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Oh yes last night Ronnie the strangest thing happend on the server, i left to change to the aston, but when i joined again i had to download the mod again, but then it wouldnt install, kept saying i had to do it manually. Went mod manger and had two of the same mods for the server, deleted one then it let me install the other one, very strange :)
    Then i lost connection a lap into the race, just was'nt my day lol :p

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013
  13. UnitedRacingDesign

Uploading Vette beta :) I think other cars will be ready tomorow with some improvments.

14. UnitedRacingDesign

Email is out with download link for vette beta.

15. RJames

RJames Registered

Great thanks,

Server is updated.

16. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

Excellent, got vette e-mail already. Won't be able to d/l or test it till Sunday, so looking forward to the first screenshots as a placeholder :D

17. DEK

DEK Registered

Thank you Alex.

18. smartin13

smartin13 Registered

19. tjc

tjc Registered

Cool. :)

20. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Cheers Ales, the Vette feels excellent, just like the ISI Vette only more stable being a newer version. Feels good :)