[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Minibull

Minibull Member

I like subtlety...

I keed XD

2. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

Very nice work! These cars look great and latest rF2 builds are on a good way now.

Do you think about the new vette coming next year?

3. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

You already have quite good conversion of mod, which include "your" car and have great handling, especially on track with good flow. And is one of the best looking mod to, despite conversion.

4. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

If you wade back through the pages, you can find where Ales confirms that he intends to put the new C7R into the mod at some point :)

5. ~IsR~Michl1972

~IsR~Michl1972 Registered

great work ales ;) keep it up!

6. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

This car actually don't run in any "Le Mans" series, all cars here are GT-E cars, not GT3, so I don't think it will be included in this mod :) ...

7. Thor

Thor Registered

Thanks! :eek:

8. Thor

Thor Registered

Thanks! :eek:

9. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Tried them all. They are fun to drive I have to admit but the level of grip is too big imho. You have to really overdrive the car to see it misbehave. The rear end is superglued to the road on green track. :) I don't know if it's ISI cars that have much looser rear ends than they should have or if it's EGT cars that have too much grip. Venom is the closest to what I think endurance GT car should drive like. It's my personal feeling. I might be wrong.

Also I think wheels should lock much easier. There's no way you could stomp on them and continue to apply lots of brake imput even while turning into the slow corner coming from long straight. It's like driving with ABS switched on. :) I would like to see them lock easier becasue right now braking almost doesn't require modulation whatsoever. Traction the same. You really need to be in hurry to pick up the throttle to make it dance a bit on corner exit. ;)

I liked all of them but still I would like to see more challenge in driving them. They aren't that much faster than ISI's Corvette for example at Poznań but I feel you really need to thread carefully with the Vette on a green track to make it stable while all EGT cars can be driven agressively from a get go on a green track. All of them apart from Venom were only 1,5 s faster than ISI's Corvette but the way I could post those times was very different. Something in the middle, between ISI's Corvette and EGT cars would be perfect. Traction, braking and rear end stability wise.

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Good info Ronnie. At this stage where we have lots of cars already in rf2, physics gets more and more important for me.

I think I would also like to see "something from between"

11. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Thanks for this analysis. I found that the T5 cars were over grippy as well. Pretty much the only way to miss a corner in them was ridiculously speeding into the corner, and then under steering. Slides were almost impossible, unless you touched the grass in a high g corner. Even driving ridiculously throttle heavy, it was difficult to lose control.

I've been hesitant to buy into this mod fearing that the same "easy mode" approach would be present, and I'm glad I've held off after reading your assessment.

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Quite perfect timing... with the cockpits coming up, Virtua_LM is also pretty close to release their LeMans track
    http://www.trackcreation.net/devdiary/

This game is starting to make some sense now...

13. Goat

Goat Registered

It seems to me that all you are asking for can be accomplished with setup changes. As the rear wing angle is decreased the drag coefficient is reduced, downforce is reduced, speed increases and braking becomes less sure. I am glad this mod has cars that are not on ice but, if you want, you can change the setup to make them drive like that if you want to.

From the majority of posts in this thread people have requested the mod to behave like this. We will never all agree on the default setup so it is important that the car be adjustable. If the default setup is adjusted to your liking then their will be a group of "its to hard to drive" people posting that it is unrealistic.

If it were up to me I would deliver the mod with all settings in the middle. Just like taking delivery of a new race car. It would be up to the operator to tune his or her car themselves. After all this is a simulator, not a borrow the best guys car with all his setup knowledge included. But it isn't up to me.

14. Miro

Miro Registered

I thought the same as I tried the mod the first time and had quite mixed feelings about , BUT
    doing some research and testing the cars back to back to back to...................

Don't get me wrong, I am a big big fan of ISI's Corvette but I think Ales is doing here some great work. Watching vids over and over again, collecting infos about the 2013 season cars I came to the conclusion that all you say there is true but it also applies to the cars in RL.
    They can brake later and are able to accelerate earlier than in 2009.
    The times below may back that up if you take a look. The cars had to much down force two releases ago I think but now they are quite good and IMO represent the 2013 series quite well.

ALMS Qualifying Sebring 2013 Oliver Gavin / Tommy Milner / Richard Westbrook 1:58.934 Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1

ALMS Qualifying Sebring 2009 Wolf Henzler / Dirk Werner / Richard Lietz 2:03.051 Porsche 911 RSR

Of course again the old argument ....driving them on the limit isn't as easy as you would think. I know it's somehow a bit weak argument which is misused quite often cuz everything is hard to do on the limit no matter what but again I think it's really the case with those cars.
    Playing with the setup can do wonders on this cars IMO.

I can only suggest you to test the cars a bit longer and you'll see it's quite well done.
    Again.. you can get earlier on the throttle but that doesn't make it much easier IMO, it's just earlier. The same applies to the brakes.

2c

15. Oldie

Oldie Registered

Oh i love all this self-appointed experts, those are crying out loud, every time they think a car is to easy to drive.

It is safe to say, that these "sim-experts" never drove some of these cars in real life. But they continue to fight stubborn for a handling that they can't judge cause the lack of own empirical knowledge!

Oh i know all the arguments like being a simracer for xx years and so on.

Get real guys. Also 100 years of simracing doesn't give you any knowledge of real cars and makes you still less to an expert for real life handling, as long as you never drove a car, that you are trying to judge.

16. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

I get you are saying and I agree that 2013 cars are different to those from 2009. However I believe that 500 bhp monsters should provide some challenge. I don't want them to slide like on ice. Not at all. Racing slicks and some downforce can make those cars very very handy. Perfect example of that is Pagani Zonda R that Jeremy Clarkson drove some time ago. He said that you would expect it to be handful, spooky, intimidating but it wasn't. He said that it was farily easy to drive. All you got is grip grip grip grip. However he was very very far from driving on the knife's edge. That's when every racing car becomes angry. I just feel that a car should be very stable if you drive it reasonably and they are like that, but they should become very edgy once you go for a banzai lap. They should scamper. You should be careful while braking as hard and as late as possible not to lock your wheels, be smooth with your steering imputs not to upset the rear end and overheat the fronts and lastly you should apply power progressively not stomp on the gas coming from slow corner (ON A GREEN, DUSTY TRACK!) and see the car launch itself with no wheelspin whatsoever.

You get me right? I don't mind them being fast, well they should be faster than 2009 cars for sure but what I do mind is them driving like they are with all aids switched on. That's what I meant.

@Oldie

Actually I've driven some cars on tracks and maybe I'm not an expert but I DO know what I'm talking about. Believe me. ;)

17. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Explain how a car can be faster in 2013 if the engine as example is still the same? 2013 cars just cant drive like in 2009, atleast not those who were further developed. Cars are not beeing developed only into faster time way as there is some limit at some point but they are beeing developed to be easy and reliable to drive at maximum over years to. When will you guys start to accept that his cars are more or less really easy to be driven, its suposed to be just like to have a good long race.

18. Miro

Miro Registered

I get what you think, that's exactly what I first thought too is wrong here.

As I said, getting on throttle earlier than with the Vette doesn't mean it's easier, it's just earlier. Once the Vette is under power it's also very stable IMO.
    For example you accelerate 2m before the apex in the Vette getting the beast to the limit. Here you can do it half a meter earlier or even more but you still need to be careful.

I have to admit I haven't even tried the new cars, I am just driving the darche lately and it's sure not easy to be fast on Loch Drummond. :p
    The thing with the green track and cold tires is something which bothers me too a bit although the tire temps are quite fast up to optimal temperature on these cars here.

Nuff talking, I think we should just jump on the server now and check out those things online. ;)
    Well that's what I am going to do now. :p

Edit:

Never. ;) :p

Race cars are not easy to drive, that's an illusion created by some gamer dudes.
    Race cars are only easy to drive if you know them well and most important if you know what you are doing. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
  19. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Sure. However materials change, bodywork change and downforce that goes with it and last but not least tires change. So there's no reason not to think that they should be faster or easier to drive. By all means they should! However these aren't Ford Focus nor Renault Megane. They should be edgy on the limit becasue that's what limit is. Limit of friction when driving agressively, fast. You may step outside that limit and act to regain that grip. Same goes with applying throttle. Even if you have race-ready TC, if you have 500 bhp under your hood and you stomp, and I mean stomp on the gas pedal while exiting slow corner and your steering wheel still turned even slightly, you can easily break traction and get some wheelspin. Ofc TC's gonna handle it more or less so but you still gonna have "a moment".

Once again I'm gonna say it. Cars on the limit should be about threading a car and fighting for it's grip. Don't get me wrong. Not handful, nothing like driving on ice. Just "if you want to go as fast as the car allows you to, you have to fight for it, use some skill to control it and keep it steady while driving sth that becomes very angry while doing so and wants to intimidate you".

20. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

I actually really doubt on that. Just becase something has 500hp it shouldnt be hard to drive and you can still lose those cars. Overall im not sure how do you want to have a car all over the track actually, might be interesting for some hotlaping battling youre car but on endurance race not really. I have never seen endurance cars beein a pain for the driver for all those hours just becase of some horse power and its not really alot what they have this days. Less than 500hp for a 1330kg average weight, big wings, big tires should handle just like it handles.