[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Aleksss droped me again some new screens.

2. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

Looks just great! :)
    Looking forward to first updated Vette screens.

3. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

Me too. And the Viper (was watching Long Beach highlights last night, so am right in the mood for this mod again this morning :D )

Ales, just to confirm, is the series your simulating US-based, global or is it based on a particular race somewhere in France, say about 110 miles South West of Paris...? ;)

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm eager to know as much as possible. Looking great so far. Very interested to see what you have planned track-wise too.

4. bassweight

bassweight Registered

oh my goodness!@!@

5. UnitedRacingDesign

US-based, global and will have to do something with the race 110 miles South West of Paris ;)

First cars will be done we dont have yet and offcourse the importand ones, than we will see on others and if there are some anybody else will do.

Btw im just thinking if i should start the vette this week allready. Have to see about that.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
  6. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

Good stuff. And yes, you should start the Vette :D

7. UnitedRacingDesign

BSNismo took our Bayro E5 for a spin :) Thank you for this video BSNismo and feels3 for the amasing looking track :)

8. motojase171

motojase171 Registered

I'm looking forward to this mod :) you have done a great job so far looks and sounds amazing!! I will admitt that I initialy was not going to support any pay mods but this is looking like it'll be too good not to get. keep up the good work ;)

9. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

Yep, still looking good :D Would be interested to hear Lee's comments on the physics so far too.

The prototype models looked quite advance in the initial render at the start of this thread. Is there any progress to see on them?

*Whispers gently, "VetteVetteVetteVetteVette..."* :p

10. UnitedRacingDesign

Both need some updates, mainly on cockpit and mapping fixing but should go shortly ingame to.

For the vette, ive started it, not much progress yet but should in some days.

11. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

When will we get to see some videos of the LMP cars in action? I'm really interested to see how they look and sound.

12. UnitedRacingDesign

I would guess somewhere next week.

13. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Cool. Thanks. :cool:

14. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

Ales, if you're interested (and are indeed even intending to model the car) it would seem that Audi are going for a 'long-tail' configuration on the R18 e-Tron for Le Mans. Looks interesting, no? Also, you'll notice from the video that the car is sounding a little more aggressive too with their new exhaust.

http://lemansprototypes.over-blog.it/article-audi-r18-h-test-monza-117318880.html

http://automotocorse.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/audi-r18-e-tron-quattro-in-prova.html

Looks much more pleasing than the sprint spec car in my humble opinion :)

Also, really weird seeing Monza without the chicane...

15. UnitedRacingDesign

Ive seen those today to, looks interesting. Ive read on mulssanecorner that they could use blown diffuser actually as there is no visible exaust since silverstone. Would be interesting to see how they solve that.

To tell you the truth, the best looking version of audi r18 is for me this one http://www.carsbase.com/photo/photo_full.php?id=77357

Aura PX1 will be done for sure after we finish those first cars, what spec im not sure yet but i guess the rear double wing will be some upgrade option.

16. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

Apparently the exhausts exit into the rear wheel wells. It doesn't seem to be a 'proper' blown diffuser solution like F1 as you can't have holes in the floor that you would need to point the exhaust gasses into the diffuser airstream. Instead it looks like they're using the exhaust to fill in the areas of low pressure behind the rear wheel arches, reducing drag at the rear. It seems so obvious when you think about it that I'm surprised nobody's thought of it up till now?

This year's Le Mans is going to be absolutely epic, both in the P1 ranks and in the frankly incredible GT field as well. Anyone willing to place money on who will win? Thought not... ;)

17. UnitedRacingDesign

Should be great race, I hope toyota can do something good this year.

18. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

How many different cars will be in each of the three classes with this mod?

19. UnitedRacingDesign

Hmm, good question, we dont have final car list done actully but from what is in work right now or high on the list it should be like that sofar:
    3x EGT5 + new vette
    5x PX1
    5x PX2

20. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

3 EGT? Z4, Viper, and what else? Wow, I'm actually surprised you've narrowed it down to 4 GTs in total. I'd struggle to choose 3 out of the manufacturers with GTE cars at the minute (about 6 at a quick count). Are there some manufacturers you want to steer clear of for certain reasons?