It is a shame!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Didi, Apr 3, 2013.

1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I am YoLolo69 and I approve this message :cool:

2. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

....how did that work out for you?

3. coops

coops Banned

4. gtsr69

gtsr69 Registered

u say 50 on servers ha look again there is only 3 10 on any good day or night no one is playing rfactor 2

5. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I think the reason is that rF2 just is not fun yet. There are not very many interesting cars and tracks, and that's because the product is not finished. For modders stand point it is very hard to work with. I continue my modding work with rF2 little by little, but it only means doing the modeling and texturing stuff. I am not going to look into shaders and physics for a long time.

Yes, yesterday I reinstalled rF1 after one year time off and it is a blast with its interesting mods and tracks. And new stuff is still released weekly... What a truly great game that is.

6. Kongolem

Kongolem Registered

I support the OP. rFactor2 will loose many customers having this policy of open moddingcommunity without a one-click download and install feature in the game. This will hurt the participation online, and add to that some other promising simulators coming, I think rFactor 2 will be a shadow of its former self.

Its a shame really, because I'd love to alternate between several different great simulators if I could. But with work and family etc it is unacceptable to go online and find that most parties require a modded content.

7. coops

coops Banned

^ join a league that's what most do, or use the mod button don't take that long. its not a console.

8. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Isn't the online side of rF2 a little convoluted with regards to vmods and that kind of thing?

That's why I've stayed away from online.

9. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

- Finals? Ever heard about first day patches and DLC? It's common practice these days.
    - No input from the community possible for development
    - No MOD possibilities
    - Paid DLC
    - etc..

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I think the "if rf2 is too complex for you then you might want to look at consoles" argument is hilarious.

None of the other PC sims are as convoluted as rF2 and some are downright friendly to use.

11. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

im pretty sure the mod system is aiming at providing an easy way for third companies to build standalone paid games.
    as mentioned, isi is building a platform and not a game. they are not idiots and thats the only explanation i can think of. WE are not the priority for them!

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

And none of them are moddable. Duh.

And please don't tell me that rF1 was less convoluted. You just extract this zip file to locations, oh wait, GameData, no wait, rFactorRoot, oh wait, I need to delete my HAT files because I am getting a terrain mismatch. Now, does this mod work with RealFeel?

rF2 isn't that hard to deal with. Especially now that people are releasing everything as components. And with GetMod you don't even need to download vmods. Also, no more confusion with skins. Maybe ISI should add a command line installer so we can add a file association to *.rfmod and *.rfcmp so all you do to install a mod is double click on it. Because running ModMgr and then right clicking on the new mod and selecting Install is just toooooo convoluted.

13. tjc

tjc Registered

+1

14. 4L0M

4L0M Registered

ALL games are moddable if you know what you're doing.....My console port with no mod tools F1 2012 is modded to hell.

The rfactor2 mod sytem in it's current form is abysmal. rFactor1 was a doddle to mod. No more confusion with skins? Maybe not....unless, you know...you want to play offline and stuff....

15. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

i've not had a problem with rFactor 2 other than not being able to connect to my own server when it was at work ... some weird firewall problem we assume because i move it home - no problem. I like the mod manager thingy. Disclaimer: I don't own rFactor 1

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

"if you know what you're doing"

Exactly, you have to know what your doing which isn't any less convoluted than rF2. Name one moddable sim that is less convoluted than rF2? And don't say rF1 because that is just a lie. Sure there is a learning curve in using the new MAS2 tool but come on guys it isn't that hard. But end users don't even get involved in packaging. From a users point of view it is rather dummy proof. If you are a modder or a server admin you should be able to package simple vmods without a problem.

Trust me, people aren't going to stay away from rF2 because the modmgr is too convoluted. Especially not rF1 fans. Also, don't forget how many years after first release of rF1 it took before the good mods started rolling in.

17. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

i didn't have any problem using mas2 - just looked up how to do so online - step by step was found - made vmod (actually several) profited ... As for the install mod tool - it was a bit harder to use until v198 - now it is very easy. If you seriously can't use it ... i'm sure there are instructions somewhere. GetMod not working on servers results from people not opening port 443 on their router or their ISP blocking inbound ports under 1024 (which some do) - they should probably move the port to something above 1024.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Actually the default port for the HTTP server (for GetMod) is 64297.

19. 4L0M

4L0M Registered

That is one of the most patronising posts i've ever read.....Thanks doug484 for being so 1337, with your uber no spyware, epic OS ninja rig.

Obviously the rest of us that do not like the mod system have to be computer retarded and running Pentium 3's to not share your point of view.

I love ISI's work, I respect the hard work that they put in, but conversely, i've also paid my money for it. I do not like their mod system, i also make a lot of mods, this is JUST my point of view.

I'm sorry we are apparently not worthy to feel this way.

20. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

So true... also: is this the efnet's track pack version of Road Atlanta or Race2Play's... I think it's right... wait, Mosport loading screen?... "Track Mismatch"... oh, crap... wrong track folder... OK, I'm good to go... damn, it... stripey skies, I forgot to turn textures to Max.