It is a shame!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Didi, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Didi

Didi Registered

Hi Guys from ISI!

To be honest.
    If i could give back the game to get my money.. I WOULD
    It is a shame what you have done to a game in rFactor style!
    The new build, doesn`t matter if full or lite, is a big fiasko.
    Not the build itself, BUT the way of install the MODS.
    WHY didn`t you execute like in rF.
    Sepperate Mods from tracks.

There aren`t so many proffessionals out there to work whole night
    for to test one or two tracks and Mods together...
    IF THEY WORK, WHICH THEY DON`T DO in 95%!

Oh men....
    I needed to write these words.
    Better to have old graphics and old cars like rFactor, BUT easy installation
    and easy putting Tracks and Mods into the Game.

OH men.....
    AND i say sorry if my words were to harsh!!!!
    This is no alpha, and no beta...this is pre-pre-pre-alpha.

And to end with the famous words of Giovanni Trappatoni
    " I have finished"---> WITH THAT GAME

Didi

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Wondering if you have read ANY of the dev posts on here?

Plus... not sure where you got that 95% figure from as I haven't had problems running these mods, and many others haven't either.

3. gregor vodicar

gregor vodicar Registered

It is not so bad as you described, but I have same problem. If you are constantly updating all tracks, mods and stuf you can play online.. If you only take 2 weeks break, you will realize that there is almost imposible to get on many servers without updating tracks and stuf. Then you realy have to waste lot of time to find them,... I realy cant find good point in that kind of system! Please change it!

I stoped playing online, because i can't take 3 hours only to download 5 tracks, 5vmods,.... There is no time for racing later..

More or less servers are almost emepty.. maybe 50 drivers max on all servers at the same time..

4. Plebre

Plebre Registered

The mods are sepperate from track now. Make a clean install ver.198.
    Here you have the current available contents (components). http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/

Stress off , or my advice go play cars.

5. daWave

daWave Registered

Have you ever heard of consoles ???

No need to configure anything, just plug in, push start and you're ready to go. Also no unfinished programs, nothing in development, only finals! Ever thought about it ?

6. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Sure, but I don't think you thought it trough yourself.

7. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

Really, I´m lightly bored. But I understand that ISI is a little company and they have another areas of work, and probability with more profit for them that this. Primarily interested in to finalize the product are they.

And when I´m really bored, then take a few laps with some awsome mod of rF1 in a any track of the whole world, and this is thanks to ISI, and that we can not forget. ;)

8. Max

Max Registered

I laughed at that, I feel that way at times, yet he said much better, lol. Not happy either, but whatever, there's many other options out there.

9. doug484

doug484 Registered

Messages like the one at the top of this discussion confuse me. It intrigues me how people complain about such major trouble with getting this game to work (mods or tracks not working 95% of the time? what??), but I've never had any problem. I think it is much easier to install mods than rF1 ever was. rF2 is a huge step up from rF1 - some people must be wearing rose-colored glasses to think rF1 is better.

I am not saying your experience with the game is invalid, but it seem obvious there are some very major differences in the equipment we're running this thing on. Is your computer very far below standard? It is your OS so glommed-up with viruses/spyware that it can hardly do anything?

Constructive criticism can be a useful tool, but most of what I read around here is plain disrespect - disrespect towards the people who spend many hours working to create this game and disrespect towards our fellow racers here only because they have a differing opinion. But, whatever, I suppose this is how the world works now.

10. Diablo

Diablo Registered

What you refer to is the content being released as single (multi)components, which has little to do with the inherent problem of defining a mod as consisting of at least one vehicle and one track component. This design decision is a big flaw and I will keep pointing it out when and where I see fit.
    Just you wait until everything from ISI is released that way, it will be a holy mess of vMods to get onto a server. Plus I suspect a lot more questions and frustrations about creating those from admins.

Cheers,
    Marcus

P.S.: Even though the OP exaggerated a little too much, I can see where he´s coming from.

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I have never had any problems, because I install all ISI tracks and contents, and then I download the 'All tracks' torrent. I click 'Get mod' when I want to join a server with a mod that I have not yet installed... It only takes a few seconds because I already have all available tracks.

Lately, it's a bit messy, because ISI is changing to components, and when this is done I think it will be very workable.

12. Diablo

Diablo Registered

That´s just an ugly workaround. There are people, like myself, that don´t want any surplus content. And wait until rF2 has matured more and hopefully gained a bigger user base, despite this vMod concept, I want to see that torrent still updated and the ones who actually use it and have more and more of content they don´t want/use just to keep this charade of everything will work out up.

Time will tell.

13. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

the only thing that makes me unhappy is the inability to track results from the races - someone will mod it eventually tho

14. Tony

Tony Registered

You said it Diablo, can only agree, & one of the reasons we aren't running rF2 - & I wish we were as it's sooo much more advanced in every other respect than rF1 :rolleyes:

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'm not saying it is a good solution. Best would be if you could join a server without being forced to have all content. When server loads the track you don't have, then you'll be kicked out of game.

However, it's not ISI's fault that servers use tons of converted tracks. You could join servers with ISI content only. And installing the ISI content only is not very hard (even though it seems to be hard for some people like the OP) but as I said, when everything is released as components it will be much better. And if we could join servers without having all tracks required... I hope.

Yes time will tell.

16. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Ok, so let me start a list from persons who give-up:

- Giovani Trappatoni (never saw it in this forum ;))
    - Didi

Can you guys complete this list in this thread if you interested to say you're leaving without adding any interesting idea to help devs to progress and only what to moan and whine and cry and show your frustration? I'm tired to read such nonconstructive complaints. Some make it way better and feel the same, and try to add something to the community though ideas, opinions, etc. Here, and in a lot of other threads, I sadly don't see this (but some smart answers made I agree 100%). Having a list here, complaints, even hate, will possibly keep the rest of the forum cleaner? And you'll feel stronger together? you'll feel better, No?

Just try to help both sides men, don't start a flame I will not read, this thread is already blacklisted for me ;)

17. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Go and play F1 2012 :D

18. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

He's just voicing his opinion guys...no need to murder him lol.

Didi, to you i say, life's not fair (though you did have a very generous 2 month refund period) and maybe ISI will work on these aspects that you raised. On the issues regarding the 95% claim....have you asked anyone on the forums about your problem? Would be silly not to have done that before complaining if so.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
  19. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

Then I will start pointing out that 99.99999999% of the time in a racing simulation you need at least one vehicle and one track defined by some set of rules (session time, race length, start type, etc). Granted we thought about ricky bobby mods -- IE running naked down the track while being burned by invisible flames.. however, despite being funny, we did not feel it was true representation of actual racing. ;)

Sometimes mods contain components sometimes they refer to components/multicmps either way, the fact that you need at least one vehicle and one location to run rFactor is not going away any time soon. Nor is the fact that two or people in multiplayer need to agree on what vehicle(s) and location(s) that will use to race against each other --- what we currently call a mod in rF2 is no different than what was called a filter in rF1 -- you had to define at least 1 vehicle and 1 location.

Will it get easier to make and share mods? yes. However, I doubt they are going to just vanish one day nor can multiplayer really function without having a location defined and what are the possible vehicles... Would it be cool to only load a location then download a missing vehicle once "on track"--- sure -- but you still need to know what vehicle(s) to download and from where, ie information in the mod.

20. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

But why does it _have_ to be a combination? Every racing game probably needs a track & car to be able to do something, but I still see no reason at all why they would have to be linked together other then overcomplicate everything.
    Just look at how incredibly difficult was to just install a new component that's being used by a vmod (or even worse, by several!).

I really hope the vmod, rfmod, whatever it is, dies a quick death however as you say, it's probably here to stay.
    Don't take this the wrong way but if the meaning of all this was to make it easier and more user friendly then rf1, I'm very sorry but it has totally failed imho.